Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : TSS 5.1
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
IP: Logged
icon TSS 5.1 (+6)  
This is the full change log for the 5.1 release:

Legend:  +: addition
         !: change/optimization
         *: bug fix

Graphical improvements
Deep Spaces Wall filler

TSS hold fixes
* ED: fixed script bug while using speed potion [39738]
* EotS:1S1E: fixed scripted challenge bug [38521]
* OHV: scripted cut scene can be re-played [40178]
* Scroll text typo fixes [39036]

* Teleport player command now makes the player and their weapon correctly interact with the target tile and the tile teleported from (includes updating pathmaps) [39016] [38047] [38368]
* Mirrors can no longer be placed on top of each other in the editor [38867]
* It is no longer possible to walk on top of the fluff when using a platform [38587]
* Tarstuff and fluff will now correctly grow over disabled force arrows [39161]
! All missing items were added to "Wait for item" command [39585]
* Imperative (Open move) now works even if the character is not set to "deadly" which is consistent with all other pathfindings in the game [39895]
* Temporal seep, fluff and wraithwings now obey their expected movement restrictions and permissions [39253]
* When undoing in the puzzle-view spiders now don't disappear or get stuck inside each other, and they are also correctly counted in the hint-box [38476]
* Hitting a rock giant's corner which stands on shallow water with a dagger now correctly produces a stepping stone [39226]
* When using Custom speaker the game now correctly remembers which entity spoke and displays said entity in the speech history [39219]
* When using the quick go-to command (CTRL+<letter>) on the change location screen the initial articles (a, an, the) are ignored [39199]
* Temporal clones moving through a blocked tunnel will just waste the move instead of waiting for the move to be open OR teleporting into the player [39134]
* Puffs will no longer target invisible clones which are outside their smell range [39130]
* GatEB title screen is now always fully redrawn on each frame to avoid problems with region-redraw marking [39108]
* When previewing rooms on the minimap objects in the top-left corner will no longer act as if the player was standing on (0,0) [39075]
* Temporal clones will now shine their own light as long as the environmental effects are in the top 1/4th of the scale [39157]
* Checkpoints are now activated even if the player is pushed onto or through them [39223]
* Construct player role gets killed on oremites, is resistant to body slams and drops trapdoors [38209]
* Temporal clones can now bump into characters and make them react to Wait for Player to Touch Me command [39362]
* Invalid _MyWeapon values are now silently ignored [39459]
* Seep death and aumtlich gaze is now recalculated after tar stabs to avoid situations where seep are not killed/aumtlich gaze doesn't freeze when involving black doors being dropped [39350]
* Fuses lit by explosions triggered by floor spikes no longer have a one-turn delay [39306] [38615]
* Weapons can no longer be permanently changed by using a clone [38514]
* Mirroring a room with floor vents no longer produces an assertion error [38506]
! Removed "Wait for event: switch clone" command which never worked [39453]
* Mimic's (or guard's) caber now kills the player on the turn it should instead of a turn later [38451]
* Pushing the player now correctly updates the brain movement pathmaps [38115]
* Dagger wielding player now changes their direction when crossing room boundaries in the same way an unarmed player does [38247]
* Scripted characters now correctly rearm themselves when pushed off the oremites [39703]
* Guards and soldiers wielding daggers now correctly turn when they move; wielding other weapons, with their weapon on the target, will try to move towards the target [39137] [39303]
* Seep no longer press pressure plates [39739]
* Pushable imperatives have been reworked to work as intended [38434]
* Rattlesnake's head can now be burned even if their tail had been burned on the same turn [38605]
* Flying character roles no longer drop thin ice or get killed by spike traps [38997]
* Monsters pushed into a wall now correctly stab with their weapon [38654]
* Armed monsters making a move into a puff will now stab before dying [39615]
* It is now possible to build Tarstuff with Built Item At and Build Marker commands [39375]
! Replacing a force arrow with another one in the editor will no longer break associations with orbs/plates [39162]
! Puff's target highlight no longer disappears when the puff moves [38033]
! Building regular, cracked and broken orbs over existing ones no longer breaks associations [39203]
+ Else if and Face towards like guard commands were added [39328]
! List of commands has been sorted alphabetically [39896]
! Ctrl+<letter> shortcut now works in most lists in Character script edit [39897]
! Hitting enter when focus is in New Variable Name or New Character Name it adds the new variable/character instead of closing the window [39898]
+ Added checking if two variables are not equal [39899]
! Enter in command selection screen closes the window and saves the command [39900]
! Ctrl+<letter> now ignores the leading articles if a list is sorted alphabetically with articles ignored [39199]

! Updated the docs for a number of imperatives, Face towards like guard and Else if commands [39906]
* Drinking a blocking potion (mimic/decoy/clone) by teleport will make it impossible to drink any other blocking potion in the same turn [39907]
* Tokens are now activated by teleport on turn 0 [39907]
* If the player is teleported onto a tile which kills them they won't be able to be teleported away from that square [39907]
! Saving settings no longer causes hold list to be redownloaded if CNet Login wasn't changed [No thread for this but no need to check this one either]

5.0.2.1003 (All are fixes to existing threads)
* It is now possible to build regular orbs on top of cracked and broken ones
* Fixed some edge cases for Face towards like guard and made it work on turn 0 inside an if statement
* All entity lists in add command window can be searched via Ctrl+<letter>

* Dagger-hitting a rock giant will now, in all cases, result in a stepping stone being created on the stabbed tile if there was shallow water underneath [39226]
* Building unstable fluff no longer throws assertion errors [39375]
* It is no longer possible to build tarstuff over monsters [39375]
* All possible player roles (except fegundo) are now vulnerable to fire traps [38997]
* Removed brain and skipper nest roles from the player role selection menu [38209]
* Player role construct pushed onto oremites is now correctly killed [38209]
* Player role construct is once again vulnerable to body attacks [38209]
* Player will no longer be killed by hot tile in a situation where: the player is standing on one, rotates CW or CCW which pushes another entity which, by being pushed, pushes the player off the hot tile [38450]
* When player is speed up monsters pushed around on hot tiles will only be killed if they stay in place for a total of two half-turns [38450]

* Fixed a visual bug where part of the menu was left displayed when seeting the JtRH title screen with alpha blending and environmental effects disabled [39108] [40172]
* Build, build marker and wait for item lists are not the same list any more and the mismatched elements have been removed (like "None" in Build and Wait for item) [39961]
* Building Arrows, Disabled Arrows and Ortho squares now works [39961]
* Remove floor layer item option has been added to Build and Build marker commands [39961]

* Stalwarts are now correctly killed by enemies [40112]
+ Wait for item: Pressure plates (all three types), Light, Wall Light, Ceiling Light (dark and light) and tokens added [39585]
* Fixed a bug where stalwarts wouldn't step on enemies when wielding a dagger [39137]
* Fluffs will target visible clones even if player is invisible [39130]
* Build marker for all tarstuff now is displayed using the tarstuff's inner graphic [39375]
* Fixed a typo in "script.html" help file which caused the in-game renderer to fail [39906]
* Added correct graphic for "Remove floor tile" build marker [39961]
* "Remove floor tile" in Build and Build marker is now future-proofed [39961]
* "Remove floor tile" now works correctly and doesn't throw assertion error [39961]
* Temporal tokens now correctly inherit stealth from the player character [39250]
* Projections which kill fluffs (eg. in rock golem role) no longer lose stealth [39756]
* Temporal projections can, once again, wade in shallow water if the player is also capable of it [No thread]
* Temporal projections are not frozen by Aumtlich beam when they are stealthed [39754]
* Puffs can no longer be pushed against arrows and ortho squares and will be instakilled on-tile if the entity is wielding a caber[39381]
* Firetraps processing will no longer crash the game if the currently processed firetrap is turned off [39286]

5.1.0 release:
! Room editor: Now can place briar on pressure plates (and v.v.) [39806]
* Fixed crash on room paste from deleted hold [39764]
* Fixed some low contrast speaker subtitle background colors [38472]
* Fixed built items not falling into pits or water [39927]
* Fixed: building an item that replaces fluff should cause the fluff to break up properly [39536]
* Fixed: IsTileAt script command wasn't handling swapped arrow rotator tokens correctly [39694]
* Fixed: seep sometimes don't display while viewing another room from the minimap [39935]
* Clicking on evil eye in the room now doesn't skip highlighting other tile-specific object relations
* Help file typo fixes [38674] [38528]

Not-changes (threads which were marked as not-a-bug or works-as-intended, but still need to be checked):
- Daggers and Oremites - Intended behavior
- Puffs don't form into fluff on top of force arrows. - Intended behavior
- Player Role Seep Dies if On Same Tile As Temporal Seep - Intended behavior
- Temporal Clone and Player inconsistency. - Cannot reproduce
- Clicking on door no longer highlights orbs/pressure plates - Highlighting connections by clicking on doors and firetraps works again. This was introduced in 5.0.2 and fixed so no need to include it in the actual changelog
- Unintuitive behavior with "Stunnable" and "Pushable" attributes - Intended

[Last edited by mrimer at 03-14-2016 01:07 AM]
01-23-2015 at 07:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: TSS 5.0.2 (0)  
I have a feature request thread about force arrows that isn't on the list here, so I'm noting it.

The thread title isn't very informative because I wasn't sure how to sum up what I wanted. My initial request was that connections to force arrows be maintained when you replace one arrow with another in the editor. This would be more convenient and would only affect the editor as opposed to actual rooms, so the only potential issue I can see is if it's difficult to program; I have no idea if it would be.

There were also suggestions in that thread of allowing for independent connections between force arrows and yellow doors on the same tile. Right now you can only open/close the door. This has issues of working out how the interface should be handled; both how you set it in the editor, and how it should be communicated to the player. Those issues were discussed a bit in the thread, but there wasn't a consensus as far as I could see.
01-23-2015 at 08:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
icon Re: TSS 5.0.2 (+2)  
01-24-2015 at 01:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Rank Points: 1129
icon Re: TSS 5.0.2 (+3)  
There's also walking through fluff while on a platform.

Also, 2 really minor UI-related feature requests for completionists:
-An "X/Y challenges completed" thing on the challenge list so you don't need to scroll through it to see if you've gotten them all.
-Showing the total rooms explored/conquered on the Restore screen (independent of saves) so that you can actually get 883/883 in TSS. Possibly in the form of explored/conquered/total for a conquered hold, and just explored/conquered for an unconquered hold?

[Last edited by Pinnacle at 01-24-2015 02:01 AM]
01-24-2015 at 01:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Moo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 224
icon Re: TSS 5.0.2 (+1)  
How about Buttons on Notices panel don't seem to do anything.

One that I don't think has been mentioned yet, but doesn't really need a whole thread... Bumping the left or top wall of the room (col/row 0) has almost no visible effect.

[Last edited by Moo at 01-26-2015 12:50 AM]
01-24-2015 at 02:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
skell
I've updated the list to reflect current development and added the reported issues to a separate category.

Also, 2 really minor UI-related feature requests for completionists:

Pinnacle, can you create separate threads for each of these features? It'll be easier to track progress and all.

01-27-2015 at 09:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Done and done.

01-27-2015 at 02:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2384
This serious bug dramatically interferes with the ability to construct holds. I would strongly nominate it for the next patch.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
01-27-2015 at 09:45 PM
Moo
Swords held by clones flicker when player invisible.

And kind of related, but perhaps intended? When something holds their weapon over you (but doesn't kill you), their weapon is drawn behind the player. This is different from any other weapon-holding-over situation, I think.

More:
Halph Dying / The eyes!
Switching between clones uses an undo slot
Delay when switching to main menu
(There's also a delay when going back to the game from the settings screen)

[Last edited by Moo at 01-27-2015 11:29 PM]
01-27-2015 at 11:16 PM
Pinnacle
Also a hold-related bug:
The challenge in Eye of the Storm: 1S1E is completed if you hit the orb on turn 0.

01-31-2015 at 12:27 AM
schep
Rank Points: 865
Please add:

- REV Fuses lit late in turn - A fuse lit by explosion from spike trap, fire trap, or briar growth now burns as expected. This breaks some (most?) demos in TSS:FH:1N1E.

I fixed, tested, and pushed a code change for this one back in October. I don't know if Mike has reviewed it.

02-02-2015 at 10:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2384
This one would likely be an easy fix:
Rattlesnake can traverse fire trap if tail segment is killed on same turn

Also, there seems to be a pretty serious bug where the player's weapon is retained from room to room. This can really break holds. (It seems to happen fairly regularly in Pass the Hold Around: Team Synergy 1E)

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.

[Last edited by disoriented at 02-03-2015 08:04 AM]
02-03-2015 at 07:52 AM
Moo
And another: Mirroring fluff vents.
02-23-2015 at 04:41 PM
skell
icon Re: TSS 5.0.2 (+3)  
Alright everyone, here is the plan.

5.0.2 is now officially named "5.0.2: Stabilization". The reason for that is we want to stabilize the engine as much as possible so that when someone makes a hold they don't have to think "gee, is this weird interaction intended or are those lazy developers going to steal all my roomsies and my scorsies away from me because they're lame?" No, it's going to be all chocolate and prringles, because I like both of those. The plan is to have a stable version of the game where we can have conversations like this:

The bugger asking questions: Is it intended that---
The almighty community: Yes
TBAQ But are you sure that it---
TAC: Yup

That's the plan!

----

Jokes aside, I've updated the list of bugs above and included all of the bugs I want to fix or at least investigate before 5.0.2. These includes only things which directly affect what I call DROD ruleset, basically the mechanics and interactions of the actual game. I am going to ignore any requests which add new features or bugs which are not about the ruleset. If you find anything else or can help me with coming up with a sane decision about what to do with some of those things I'll be more than glad.

Remember that even though it might seem like I have any kind of authority here, the only kind of authority I have is I may refuse to code something. But also know that I genuinely care for the game, care for the internal consistency of the rules, care for not having unintuitive exceptions and care for puzzle potential and I don't care if it ends being my way, as long as you can convince me that your solution meets the above criteria. So keep that in mind when discussing things with me and I have really strong opinions as they are just that - opinions.

Alright, let's make 5.0.2 wicked sick!

05-17-2015 at 11:54 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
skell wrote:
Remember that even though it might seem like I have any kind of authority here, the only kind of authority I have is I may refuse to code something. But also know that I genuinely care for the game, care for the internal consistency of the rules, care for not having unintuitive exceptions and care for puzzle potential and I don't care if it ends being my way, as long as you can convince me that your solution meets the above criteria. So keep that in mind when discussing things with me and I have really strong opinions as they are just that - opinions.
Hey, that sounds like the story of my life :P

To your point, for minor version updates, we do typically only include bug fixes and UI/performance improvements. New hold features (e.g., script commands) should be confined to major version updates, because we need to bump an internal hold version # whenever we do this. This means that in order to play holds exported from new builds, we have to force everyone to upgrade to that next major version in order to play it.

Lots of good stuff here! Hoping to get involved more soon.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
06-12-2015 at 02:11 AM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
Here's another bug thread that came up in chat this evening. It doesn't seem to be included in this list, but is pretty important:

Gamestate Changes from Clone Switching

Switching between clones can change the movement order of the clone entities, which can cause all kinds of movement-order-related effects.

[Last edited by Chaco at 06-15-2015 02:08 AM]
06-15-2015 at 02:08 AM
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
Is there time to squeeeze in another feature request? I would like the list of objects in the "build" command to include force arrows.

08-30-2015 at 04:39 AM
skell
icon Re: TSS 5.0.2 (+2)  
averagemoe wrote:
Is there time to squeeeze in another feature request? I would like the list of objects in the "build" command to include force arrows.

It's been implemented as a side effect of adding more Wait for item commands - http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=39961&page=0#398282

08-30-2015 at 03:24 PM
adS
Rank Points: 214

File: bug.demo (5.4 KB)
Downloaded 56 times.
License: Public Domain
icon A severe bug in 5.0.2 (+1)  
A month ago I reported a severe bug in 5.0.2.

For whatever reason my posting was completely ignored.

Here it is again:

Please open Gunthro and the Epic Blunder, Smugglers Maze, 4N1W

and watch the attached demo in 5.0.2.1005.

The behaviour of the roaches is very strange. This is a severe bug that is not reproducible in 5.0.1

Best wishes,

adS

09-05-2015 at 10:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
markust
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 24
icon Re: TSS 5.0.2 ---> 5.1 (0)  
Hi all,

im playing JTRH 5.0 in TSS 5.0.1.6060 (latest available version). In Level 22 3N 3W i encountered a strange behaviour. Looking at the Youtube Video from Alex Diener (JTRH Episode 37 from Time 1:10:19) you can see the behaviour of the eye movement once he is moving in the upper eyeline. The eyes move in a pattern of 3eyes empty square 2eyes towards the player in the video. In my version however the pattern changed to 2eyes one empty square then 3eyes. That make the solution from Alex Diener not possible anymore (as i tried to replicate it). Either im missing something obvious here or the eye movement behaviour has changed.

Here the link to the youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8uP_Je2OQs&index=37&list=PLBk6-z6v3pDKag06KlQN3uun312_7NBB_

Best regards
markust
09-15-2015 at 12:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
Did you replicate his moves precisely? It may be a result of monster movement order. I can't tell from the video.

09-15-2015 at 02:20 PM
Jordthro
Rank Points: 100
I'm routing TSS and I came across a really minor bug in Seeding Grounds. Normally, Beethro gives some inital dialogue the first time he encounters a room he has turned a seeding beacon on and discovers monsters have respawned. This works everywhere except in 1N1E when approached from the south. Although the room is repopulated with monsters, Beethro doesn't give his dialogue. Yet if he goes to 1E with the seeding beacon on, he'll give his dialogue as if it's the first time he's encountered the behavior.

I only discovered this because I'm routing the optimal path through the levels to collect all the challenges and secrets.

09-18-2015 at 11:49 PM
markust
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 24
Hi zex20913,

from what i can tell i replicated his moves exactly. Also looking at the decreasing fuse I'm on the exact same move.

09-19-2015 at 07:21 PM
JamesBond007
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 43
How about an option to disable the clock? This could be good for players who want to play DROD in more classic style. It is possible to disable undo and checkpoints, but not the clock (without modding the game). I think a good placement for "Show Clock" option (enabled by default) will be "Special" section in the "Settings" tab, next to "Show Checkpoints".
10-05-2015 at 03:52 AM
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: TSS 5.0.2 ---> 5.1 (+1)  
JamesBond007 wrote:
How about an option to disable the clock? This could be good for players who want to play DROD in more classic style. It is possible to disable undo and checkpoints, but not the clock (without modding the game). I think a good placement for "Show Clock" option (enabled by default) will be "Special" section in the "Settings" tab, next to "Show Checkpoints".
This feels like a feature that would not get a lot of use. If you want to have this in your game, feel free to make a completely transparent clock and add it to your INI file.

10-05-2015 at 05:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3408
If I were less lazy, I'd take a picture of my monitor with a sticky note placed over the DROD clock.

10-06-2015 at 08:38 AM
Jordthro

File: TSS Teaming with Tendry 3N - Orb Hitting Bug.demo (9.8 KB)
Downloaded 54 times.
In "Teaming with Tendry" I found a room where I could "strike" an orb by simply moving into it with my back and the sword never comes in contact with it. I've attached a demo of the odd behavior.

10-25-2015 at 02:34 AM
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: TSS 5.0.2 ---> 5.1 (+2)  
It's not a bug. Stepping on a Power Token lets you hit orbs with your body. This is mainly used for monster player roles, but it also applies to player roles with weapons and I've seen a fair number of rooms that depend on this behavior.

It's not very well-documented in the main games, though, so I can see why you were confused.
10-25-2015 at 03:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jordthro

File: TSS Lost Central Station 1E - Confusing Message Box.demo (11.9 KB)
Downloaded 60 times.
Thanks for clearing that up.

I did have one more super minor thing to point out: When Beethro visits the LCS and has revealed enough plot to be able to see all his inventory slots but hasn't yet cleared any Patronage levels, it doesn't show a number and this leads to the somewhat confusing dialogue box: "You have thwarted of the Patrons' plans to enslave the surfacers."

Just introducing a "0" would clear up any confusion: "You have thwarted 0 of the Patrons' plans to enslave the surfacers."

[Last edited by Jordthro at 10-26-2015 08:17 AM]
10-26-2015 at 08:10 AM
skell
The first post in this thread has been updated with the most recent version of the changelog.

11-01-2015 at 02:51 PM
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : TSS 5.1
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com