Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Seep and black doors
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4592
IP: Logged
icon Seep and black doors (+1)  
If floor spikes or a fire trap destroy the last tarstuff in a room, black doors drop immediately but seep on black doors do not die until the next turn (and can be saved if Beethro pushes them onto a wall).

When I mentioned this in chat, bomber50 said "Not a bug -- seep only die on their turn to move", but this is not the case. (1) If an NPC moving after the seep cuts the last tarstuff, seep on black doors die. They even die if a mimic placement move cuts the last tarstuff. (2) If floor spikes or a fire trap trigger an orb, seep on yellow doors die.

As far as I can tell, the situation I outlined is the only situation in which a seep can remain alive at the end of a turn while not being on a door or wall. It's certainly inconsistent with (1) and (2). So I stand by my original verdict that it's a bug.

[Last edited by Nuntar at 02-06-2015 01:20 AM]
02-06-2015 at 01:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: Seep and black doors (0)  
I'm going to guess that the reason this happens is that seep get killed all at once after all monsters have moved, and the check for that happens after the check for things getting killed by spikes and fire traps.

So fixing it is probably just a matter of adjusting the order of things-that-happen-at-turn-end.
02-06-2015 at 01:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Rank Points: 1129
Several unintuitive behaviors are the result of spike traps and fire traps being the absolute last thing that happens in a turn, even after the end-of-turn state checks. This is probably also related to this bug involving pressure plates.

[Last edited by Pinnacle at 02-06-2015 01:57 AM]
02-06-2015 at 01:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2386

File: BlackDoorFun.hold (1 KB)
Downloaded 43 times.
License: Public Domain
Here's a small hold that illustrates the issue Nuntar's describing.

The only way to complete the room is to hit the orb.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
02-06-2015 at 02:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
bomber50
Rank Points: 872
icon Re: Seep and black doors (+1)  
To clarify the demonstration, the strange behaviour happens when you don't hit the orb.
02-06-2015 at 02:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
This has been fixed for 5.0.2. There was identical issue with Aumtlich gaze which didn't affect Player the same turn black door was opened via spike stab.

03-02-2015 at 07:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
bomber50
Rank Points: 872
This issue appears to have been fixed for 5.0.2. If a black door is opened after firetraps or floor spikes are activated, a seep on a black door will die, and aumtlich beams will travel through the open black door and stun the player.
07-26-2015 at 07:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Seep and black doors
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com