Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Make enter in the command selection window add the command
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
IP: Logged
icon Make enter in the command selection window add the command (+3)  
(adding missing threads for features implemented in 5.0.2)

Pressing enter in the command selection window should add the command.

Implemented in 5.0.2

07-25-2015 at 10:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: Make enter in the command selection window add the command (+2)  
I tested for every command in 5.0.2.1004 and it works fine save for two commands.

1) If you try to press the enter key with the Set Var command selected it does not work. It either does nothing if you have filled out the required values for a variable, or an error message pops up that says "You must supply a name to add a new variable" (though when you do try to type in a new variable, it will still not work.) Clicking on the okay button will still behave normally.

2) If you try to press enter in the Wait until var command selected it does absolutely nothing in all cases as far as I can tell.

The "You must supply a name to add a new variable" error message is particularly interesting because other commands that require an input will just fail and bring you back to the "custom character" screen if you don't supply the necessary input. For example, Answer Option will return you to "custom character" (after pushing enter or clicking okay) if you haven't entered any dialog text, and Go to, and Go sub will do so (agian for both enter and clicking okay) if there are no labels to select from. It might be nice to have a similar error message for these cases, just for consistency.

08-05-2015 at 08:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
icon Re: Make enter in the command selection window add the command (0)  
Insoluble wrote:
It either does nothing if you have filled out the required values for a variable, or an error message pops up that says "You must supply a name to add a new variable" (though when you do try to type in a new variable, it will still not work.) Clicking on the okay button will still behave normally.

I am fairly sure this error message should only appear if you have focus on the "variable name" field. Otherwise it should work fine, so I guess we're back to square one :P.

I am speaking from memory since I don't have access to the code right now!

08-05-2015 at 08:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: Make enter in the command selection window add the command (0)  
skell wrote:
I am fairly sure this error message should only appear if you have focus on the "variable name" field. Otherwise it should work fine, so I guess we're back to square one :P.

I am speaking from memory since I don't have access to the code right now!

Ahh, I was not aware of that term thank you! So to be more concise, this appears to work correctly if the focus is on the variable name and nothing has been typed in. It does not work correctly otherwise (i.e. pressing enter does absolutely nothing if the focus is elsewhere.)

08-05-2015 at 03:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
icon Re: Make enter in the command selection window add the command (+2)  
Alright, what happens when you hit enter depending on currently focused element should now work correctly in 5.1

10-31-2015 at 07:34 PM
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: Make enter in the command selection window add the command (+1)  
Building off of the testing previously done by Insoluble (I have not meticulously checked every command):
Insoluble wrote:
I tested for every command in 5.0.2.1004 and it works fine save for two commands.

1) If you try to press the enter key with the Set Var command selected it does not work. It either does nothing if you have filled out the required values for a variable, or an error message pops up that says "You must supply a name to add a new variable" (though when you do try to type in a new variable, it will still not work.) Clicking on the okay button will still behave normally.
This now works correctly in Build 5.1.0.1006:thumbsup

Insoluble wrote: 2) If you try to press enter in the Wait until var command selected it does absolutely nothing in all cases as far as I can tell.

This now works correctly too :thumbsup
11-06-2015 at 11:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Make enter in the command selection window add the command
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com