Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Show total rooms explored/conquered on restore screen
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Pinnacle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1129
IP: Logged
icon Show total rooms explored/conquered on restore screen (+1)  
As per skell's request in this topic this topic, I'm making topics for the 2 UI changes I suggested.

Currently, you can never get the closure of 883/883 rooms in TSS. Even in other holds, if they're not fully backtrackable, you can miss out on a perfect room count. So I would suggest showing (either on the restore screen or wherever else makes sense) the total rooms explored/conquered across all saves on this profile (tracked the same way secret rooms are) so a 100% complete save of TSS will finally show that elusive 883/883. Maybe even show explored/conquered/total for conquered holds.

(TCB might need a hardcoded special case, due to The Undercity 3S2W, which is unconquerable, and Danforth's scripting room, which is unreachable, so the perfect count would end up being a rather unsatisfying 527/528/529)

Skell's edit: Marking as duplicate of this. Please continue any conversation there.

[Last edited by skell at 11-24-2020 12:05 AM]
01-27-2015 at 02:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
karlpopper
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 263
icon Re: Show total rooms explored/conquered on restore screen (0)  
Fully agree about this: if you're the type of player who goes secret hunting, you're gonna want this type of reward.

01-27-2015 at 03:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: Show total rooms explored/conquered on restore screen (0)  
While you're at it, maybe a "Levels Visited/Total Levels" value would be useful, so you have some idea of whether you've reached every level.

One issue is that some holds have unreachable rooms - perhaps include a way to mark these so that they aren't counted in either the percentage count for each level or the total rooms in the hold, in the same way that a room can be marked as scoreable or not. Likewise, you could mark rooms that aren't intended to be cleared. Then this would be fixable by the HAs in older holds without making any major changes - although there are a lot of holds, so this would have to be done on a reporting system and would probably be low priority.

That said: the way it's currently done is useful for keeping track of progress on a replay. If you're going through TSS a second time and trying to hit all the secret rooms, as I am, having a number based on the current save makes it easier to see whether that save is from your second run or your first one. But I suppose that number could be kept and the hold totals could be marked somewhere else.
01-27-2015 at 06:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Show total rooms explored/conquered on restore screen
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com