Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Wait for Item Tarstuffs (Script UI improvements)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
hyperme
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1067
IP: Logged
icon Wait for Item Tarstuffs (0)  
Using MyScript magic, you can check for Tar, Mud and Gel using Wait for Item. However, you can't check for them from the command editor. This is weird and inconsistent.

Please let us check for Tarstuff without having to use MyScript variables.

04-06-2015 at 05:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Wait for Item Tarstuffs (+2)  
All missing items were added in 5.0.2. ANd by all I mean all that were missing from the list and were real objects, like stairs, all kinds of force arrows, all tarstuffs and a couple more.

[Last edited by skell at 04-18-2015 10:36 PM]
04-17-2015 at 10:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
bomber50
Rank Points: 872
icon Re: Wait for Item Tarstuffs (0)  
Found a few missing items still in 5.0.2:

- Light
- Tokens
- Checkpoint
- Wall Light
- Master Wall/Hold Complete Wall(intentional, I think)
- Pressure plates (all types)

[Last edited by bomber50 at 07-26-2015 05:20 PM]
07-26-2015 at 05:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
hyperme
Rank Points: 1067
icon Re: Wait for Item Tarstuffs (+1)  
All items can now be used in Wait for Item, minus the one bomber50 has mentioned.

(Tested in 5.0.2.1004)

08-13-2015 at 07:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Light, Wall Light, Ceiling Light (and darkness), all three pressure plate types and tokens now work with Wait for Item command in 5.1.

Checkpoint and master/hold completion wall are, in my opinion, unnecessary. If the community thinks otherwise I'd appreciate a separate thread for htis.

10-31-2015 at 01:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: Wait for Item Tarstuffs (0)  
Does not work in Build 5.1.0.1006. :no

The items are all present on the list, but Wait for Item never triggers if the item is already present on the turn the script starts checking for the item. This is not the case in the current release version of the game, implying a bug introduced by the new build.

This is true even if Wait for Item is preceded by an If... statement.

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 11-07-2015 02:04 PM]
11-07-2015 at 02:02 PM
skell
5.1.0.1007:
* Wait for item has been fixed from the case of not working almost at all

The cause was lack of lower bound in one check which made everything except some special fake "tiles" not work. (Like remove floor layer)

11-08-2015 at 01:23 PM
kieranmillar
icon Re: Wait for Item Tarstuffs (+2)  
Meticulously checked every single entry on the Wait for Item list in Build 5.1.0.1007. Everything worked correctly but for one exception, changing the rotator token from one type to the other by stepping on it does NOT correctly detect it. The weapon tokens and timeclone tokens do detect correctly when swapping form one type to the other, this error seems to be specific to rotator tokens.
11-08-2015 at 09:00 PM
skell
I have attempted to reproduce the issue mentioned by Kieran but it worked fine for me in the current development build - can someone double check?

10-01-2020 at 01:10 PM
kieranmillar
I am also unable to reproduce my previous issue in 5.1.1.alpha.2020-10-18.

Past me has a lot to answer for, I hate that guy.
10-18-2020 at 07:53 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Wait for Item Tarstuffs (Script UI improvements)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com