Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Weird Behavior with Temporal Tokens and Power token
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Crimson Moon
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 108
IP: Logged
icon Weird Behavior with Temporal Tokens and Power token (0)  
When using the Temporal Split Token, when you hit a power token and then do stuff and then trigger yourself going back, even if you or the temporal version of you hasn't hit the token, roaches (haven't tested other monsters) will move NW for 2-3 turns, then start behaving normally, even though the token has not been hit yet. The stealth does not work.
01-16-2015 at 02:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Weird Behavior with Temporal Tokens and Power token (0)  
Could you please create a small one-room hold to illustrate this issue?

01-16-2015 at 07:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
bomber50
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 872
icon Re: Weird Behavior with Temporal Tokens and Power token (+1)  
I couldn't replicate this bug. I tried several player roles.
01-16-2015 at 11:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Crimson Moon
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 108
icon Re: Weird Behavior with Temporal Tokens and Power token (0)  
It seems to not happen anymore, and is working as it should. I really don't know what was going on before that was causing it to do what it did.If I ever find a way to replicate the problem, then I will make a room to demonstrate it.
01-25-2015 at 08:52 AM
skell
Okay. Unless you can reproduce it I'll mark it as not a bug.

01-27-2015 at 03:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962

File: Temporal Stealth Bug Showcase.hold (984 bytes)
Downloaded 42 times.
License: Public Domain
I tried to recreate the issue in 5.0.2.1004 by making a room with a power token, a temporal token, some monsters, and an NPC that activated stealth. What happened was interesting:

1) I hit the temporal token, then activated the power token.
2) I then tabbed to rewind, then moved closer to the roaches.
3) The roaches were moving towards the time clone despite stealth being activated. They completely ignored me and went for the temporal clone until the power token had been activated.

However, monsters didn't kill me until stealth is removed. Even weirder is that the time clone was basically invulnerable to body kills... I can confirm that this happens with all monsters.

I'm not sure if that's related to the issue Crimson was mentioning, but it should be worth a look into. Attached is a room demonstrating the problem.

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

08-17-2015 at 06:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
In 5.1:
- Temporal tokens now correctly inherit stealth from the player character (which was the root cause of the problem here)

10-31-2015 at 09:18 PM
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2670
skell wrote:
In 5.1:
- Temporal tokens now correctly inherit stealth from the player character (which was the root cause of the problem here)
In Build 5.1.0.1006 setting stealth via script instead of monster player role appears to be working correctly with temporal clones. :thumbsup

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 11-06-2015 09:07 PM]
11-06-2015 at 09:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Weird Behavior with Temporal Tokens and Power token
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com