Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : An Event #2 (An sequel i made while i was bored)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jeff_Ray...
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 962
IP: Logged

File: An event 2.hold (8.7 MB)
Downloaded 28 times.
License: Public Domain
icon An Event #2 (+2)  
I have an five level i made but i need testing it before it goes to Holds section. This is second part in an big series i want to make.

I learned from An event #1 though, so now i will wait for 3 comments before i submit to Holds. You see, i am learning!!!!!!! :D

No but please hurry up. >:/

Latest update: 3/17/2020 (2.0)
-Added final post-mastery level!
-Fixed a bunch of issues
-Added some voice acting for most of An Event (some lines were added after my initial recording session so they have not been acted yet)

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

[Last edited by Jeff_Ray... at 03-17-2020 10:17 PM]
08-13-2014 at 04:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
icon Re: An Event #2 (+1)  
In A Reconditioning 3N, you can kill the roach in the corridor between the two open green doors, thus completely trapping the player. The Voice should note this with more exasperation.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
08-13-2014 at 05:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Noted. I also fixed a U.S. in Anti 2W. Thanks to Spitemaster for pointing it out!

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

08-13-2014 at 06:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
I have to play the prequel now.

EDIT: i can never get that time back. i had to check hints twice...

I wish that man would stay away

[Last edited by The spitemaster at 08-13-2014 06:27 AM]
08-13-2014 at 06:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
icon Re: An Event #2 (0)  
On the plus side, you might now catch some of the references in this version.

On the down side, you played An Event #1. :P

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

08-13-2014 at 08:50 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Update! I did some script fixing in Reconditioning to avoid looping speeches when the rooms are cleared, and to remove a backtracking issue (how ironic!)

EDIT: Another update! Added passageway in Event 1N1W to allow the player to pass without having to go through the slayer in 1W. Also, fixed an US in 3N2W and 4N2W.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

[Last edited by Jeff_Ray... at 08-13-2014 10:36 PM]
08-13-2014 at 09:44 PM
Aquator
Rank Points: 405

File: Ae2 The Anti-Event 3N1W Victory.demo (3 KB)
Downloaded 34 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: An Event #2 (+2)  
Here's a whole bunch of terrible feedback. Most of it probably isn't particularly valuable, but I feel like some parts might be useful to some extent in case Jeff_Ray... does decide to continue on with this hold.

Secreted because this kind of turned out to be *a bit* longer than I expected it to be:

I really don't want to come across as negative and I'm not really used to giving any kind of feedback at all, so take all of this nonsense with a grain of salt.

[Last edited by Aquator at 06-20-2016 03:20 AM]
06-20-2016 at 03:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
icon Re: An Event #2 (+37)  
Hey everyone! I sat down for a few days and I now have a new version of An Event #2 ready for testing!

It's got a brand new level for post-mastery, some pretty amateurish voice acting on most of the lines in An Event, as well as a bunch of fixes and some new scripting easter eggs. :)

This should be the last content update, all that remains now is to fine-tune the product, add some more easter eggs, and recording the rest of the lines if you folks like the voice acting. :P It's not meant to be quality acting, but hopefully it at least isn't too annoying!

Enjoy, and let me know what y'all think and what needs fixing!
-Jeff_Ray ===

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

03-17-2020 at 10:21 PM
Dying Flutchman
Rank Points: 406
icon Re: An Event #2 (+2)  
Hi Jeff,

Did a complete play of this, so here goes.

This hold is completely ridiculous, but in a very good way. I had great fun cruising through!

Puzzles all work well it seems. Some of the interactions with the scripted monsters left me perplexed for a while, but in the end, all those rooms have a fair and reasonable solution.

There's only a single room that didn't work for me (and a challenge that doesn't trigger):

The dialogues are funny, but please check that characters are properly removed after they do their speech part once, or at least remove them when the room has been cleared. It just doesn't make sense to hear the same room comments repeated again upon re-entry, especially not when the comments are about a puzzle that was solved already. The roach does this a couple of times, but I don't know about the other characters. A check would be nice here.

Also: I would add checkpoints in all of the puzzle rooms. The puzzles are not too hard, so it wouldn't be strictly necessary, but still It'd be nice.

Now for the serious flaw: backtracking. (Secretized for length)

While the last part may seem a bit critical, I enjoyed playing this a lot. And it would be a shame if 95% of all players would miss out on the good bits :(

[Last edited by Dying Flutchman at 03-19-2020 08:12 AM]
03-19-2020 at 07:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
icon Re: An Event #2 (0)  
Thanks so much for the critique! I think your points are all very fair, especially about how difficult it is to find some of the secret levels. I've made sure to take note of the things you've mentioned, and I'll be looking into it for the next update. :)

That being said, I'm very glad you enjoyed it nonetheless :D

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

03-20-2020 at 07:05 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : An Event #2 (An sequel i made while i was bored)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com