Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Teleport and brain pathmapping
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dischorran
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3406
IP: Logged
icon Teleport and brain pathmapping (+1)  
When I use the teleport command to move Beethro, brains fail to update their pathmap target location until he makes a normal move.

EDIT: Apparently, pressure plates don't trigger either.

EDIT: Also, conquer tokens.

EDIT: Also checkpoints. I can adjust my scripts to get around pressure plate and token issues by way of activate item at, and at least make an intuitive visual display for the brain issue, but this all seems odd.

[Last edited by Dischorran at 07-18-2014 02:05 AM]
07-16-2014 at 11:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Teleport and brain pathmapping (+1)  
Oh boy, oh boy. You can teleport the player onto oremites and he won't sheathe the weapon.

Won't blow bombs.

Won't drink potions. Won't fall into pits. Won't drown.

Basically it just changes the player position and nothing else.

01-31-2015 at 05:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
icon Re: Teleport and brain pathmapping (+5)  
So, just to have it in the public boards, how teleport is supposed to work and how it will work in 5.0.2:

- Teleporting activates tokes, drinks potions and uses horns
- Teleporting into pit/water/active firetrap kills the player
- Teleporting sheathes/unsheathes your weapon when needed
- Teleporting updates pathmaps
- Teleporting activates checkpoints
- Trapdoors and ice are not meant to be dropped when teleporting
- Platforms are not supposed to be pushed when teleporting
- When multi-teleporting on 0th turn all tokens onto which the player was teleported are activated
- You can drink multiple potions when multi-teleporting, but only the first blocking potion (mimic, decoy, clone) will be drank, other blocking ones will stay unused
- If you teleport the player onto a tile which kills them you can't teleport them further (eg. when multi teleporting)
- Teleporting should never push monsters
- Pressure plates are depressed when teleporting off them and pressed when teleporting on them
- Teleporting does a weapon strike
- Teleporting onto monsters is unknown behavior and should be avoided until officially declared as per this thread

[Last edited by skell at 07-26-2015 11:19 PM]
07-26-2015 at 11:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
adS
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 214
icon Re: Teleport and brain pathmapping (0)  
skell wrote:
So, just to have it in the public boards, how teleport is supposed to work and how it will work in 5.0.2:

I am going to test as many cases as possible:

Rotate arrow tokens do not work! Tar-mud switcher does not work. Tar-gel switcher does not work. Gel-mud switcher does not work. Vision token does not work. Power target token works.
Disarm token does not work. Conquer token does work. Arm switcher do not work. Temporal split token does work. Horns do work.

Heavens, a lot of work ;) More later...

adS

07-27-2015 at 05:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
skell
Download 5.0.2.1003 and try with that version, because I am fairly sure all of that should work.

07-27-2015 at 05:46 PM
bomber50
Rank Points: 872
DROD crashes if on turn 0 you activate a time token, teleport away from it, and then next turn try to rewind. Using 5.0.2.1003.

DROD.err assertions:
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by bomber50 at 07-27-2015 06:31 PM]
07-27-2015 at 06:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
bomber50
Also using 5.0.2.1003, if you teleport away from a square on turn 0, you seem to activate what's on it, but not when you teleport to it.

Essentially, if you were teleport to three different places on turn 0, the token on the last place you teleport to will not be activated.
07-27-2015 at 06:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
adS
skell wrote:

OK

- Teleporting into pit/water/active firetrap kills the player
OK

- Teleporting sheathes/unsheathes your weapon when needed
OK

- Teleporting updates pathmaps
OK

- Teleporting activates checkpoints
OK

- Trapdoors and ice are not meant to be dropped when teleporting
OK

- Platforms are not supposed to be pushed when teleporting
OK

- When multi-teleporting on 0th turn all tokens onto which the player was teleported are activated
Test one combination only - OK

- You can drink multiple potions when multi-teleporting, but only the first blocking potion (mimic, decoy, clone) will be drank, other blocking ones will stay unused
OK

- If you teleport the player onto a tile which kills them you can't teleport them further (eg. when multi teleporting)
I can teleport the player onto an active firetrap and then to a second field.

- Teleporting should never push monsters
OK(?)

- Pressure plates are depressed when teleporting off them and pressed when teleporting on them
OK

- Teleporting does a weapon strike
OK

adS

07-27-2015 at 07:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bomber50
adS wrote:

I can teleport the player onto an active firetrap and then to a second field.

This would be the correct behaviour. Fire traps are not persistently on, only at the end of the turn.
07-27-2015 at 08:27 PM
skell
So only left is that two issues bomber50 found. I'll have them done today (hopefully!)

07-27-2015 at 09:11 PM
adS
Please do not release new versions every day.

Please collect reported errors for some days and then release the next version. Otherwise planned testing is somewhat difficult ;)

Best wishes,

adS

07-27-2015 at 09:27 PM
skell
bomber50 wrote:
Also using 5.0.2.1003, if you teleport away from a square on turn 0, you seem to activate what's on it, but not when you teleport to it.

Essentially, if you were teleport to three different places on turn 0, the token on the last place you teleport to will not be activated.
Actually it triggers. But then it is triggered again. But it's fixed for 5.0.2.1004

As for the teleportation + temporal token... The the time-space waves generated by the teleportation negatively affect the quantum state of any subject in a flux-recording state and it warps their structure back to the regular state reverting any unfinished time-stream manipulation.

In other words, teleporting, like drinking a potion, stops the temporal projection recording and resets the used token back to its unused state.

07-28-2015 at 11:21 PM
bomber50
Checked skell's list above, and that all seems to work. The two issues I listed earlier also seem to work.

It seems like all the issues with Teleport have been fixed.
08-10-2015 at 09:18 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Teleport and brain pathmapping
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com