Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Blind Race #1: On Your Marks (Puzzle solving against the clock)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.0/10 (7 votes)
σ 0.76
Author Name:Luke
Submitted By:Lucky Luc
Hold Name:Blind Race #1: On Your Marks
Theme:Puzzle solving against the clock
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:5
Number of Rooms:28
Number of Monsters:193
Version:DROD: The Second Sky (5.0.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:2 (+2 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Blind Race 1 On Your Marks.hold (15.1 KB)
Downloaded 397 times.
License: Other
icon Blind Race #1: On Your Marks  
This is the "official" version of the first blind race hold. There are a few changes -- most notably the jokers are gone, because they would've messed with the high score board -- but mostly the rooms play the same.

If you have no idea what the first blind race was, take a look here and watch some cool videos: http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=41247

Also, it's a bit of a joke that I'm listed as the architect of this hold. In case I haven't mentioned yet, all architectural credit goes to bomber50, Chaco, Nuntar and PigmyWubba. I merely did some testing, really.

Of course, if you want to take the challenge, go ahead and try to conquer this in one sitting! But whatever way you end up playing this, I hope you enjoy! :)
06-24-2016 at 09:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3623
IP: Logged
icon Re: Blind Race #1: On Your Marks (0)  
A quick footnote for people who watched the original race: A few of the rooms have had minor tweaks applied to them - extra checkpoints, a few wall squares changed, etc.

The main, largest change is that PigmyWubba's level, Drying Wetlands, 1N and 1S have changed significantly, and now enforce particular solutions. So, the exact solutions you may have seen in the race already won't work.

Have fun racing, and have fun optimizing the rooms for movecount at leisure!

06-24-2016 at 09:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Blind Race #1: On Your Marks (Puzzle solving against the clock) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com