Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Do you believe in Ghosts ? (No joking here, i am asking this seriously. Share your experiences, something you've been told, you've seen like that)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
liam55
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged
icon Do you believe in Ghosts ? (0)  
Share just anything relevant.
08-10-2016 at 07:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2386
icon Re: Do you believe in Ghosts ? (+5)  
No.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
08-10-2016 at 07:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
icon Re: Do you believe in Ghosts ? (0)  
disoriented wrote:
No.
QFT

08-10-2016 at 08:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3407
Jacob wrote:
disoriented wrote:
No.
QFT
^

08-10-2016 at 10:52 PM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
I don't think ghosts are an actual thing, but I certainly think that if you're hanging out in an abandoned house or an amusement park at midnight, spooky stuff could happen.

08-11-2016 at 12:20 AM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1304
icon Re: Do you believe in Ghosts ? (+5)  
I think that there's far too much ambiguity in the question for me to properly answer. For instance:

1. Does this only include the real world, or does it also include the Eighth?
2. Do phenomena which do not include visible apparitions count as ghosts?
3. Do phenomena which are called up by mediums (charlatans & otherwise - if such a thing is possible, which is another entirely separate question) count?
4. Do apparitions which only appear in photographs count?
5. Does this belief have to be justified, or can it be spurious?

And that's entirely ignoring the other ambiguity in the statement included: "Share just anything relevant." If we take that to mean "Share only that which is relevant" I am afraid that I have already overstepped the bounds of the question. Taken to its logical extreme, I should only have limited my response to the bare minimum number of characters needed to make my answer certain. Indeed, disoriented should have written:
N
If we instead take it to mean "Share anything just (barely) relevant" then I think my post should be orders of magnitude longer, as I include everything that I know which possibly involves ghosts. Or perhaps I should share anything relevant to my answer - maybe the most reasonable interpretation.

A third possibility is that he meant "Share only that which is relevant", which I think is rather rude. I see no reason why a side conversation could not arise in a similar manner to that which might happen in some other thread. There's no real reason that the OP should be able to request special privileges for his thread.

Given the above, I think that the only proper response that I can give is this:

At this point in time, I cannot give positive affirmation that my beliefs regarding ghosts includes the existence of apparitions which may or may not include visible appearances, physical effects, or other metaphysical phenomena.
08-11-2016 at 03:39 AM
Crimson Moon
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 108
Well, I can say yes but only from personal experience and from too many coincidences to make it not possible(4-5 of them in fact).

Trust me, I have a lot of fun little ghost stories that happened to me!
08-11-2016 at 05:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
D.Craven_0ne
Rank Points: 201
icon Re: Do you believe in Ghosts ? (+1)  
*whispers* I see dead people...

08-11-2016 at 07:23 AM
liam55
icon Re: Do you believe in Ghosts ? (+1)  
If one can believe in Gods, why not in Ghosts ?
08-11-2016 at 07:35 AM
Aquator
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 405

File: ghosts.gif (254.1 KB)
Downloaded 490 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Do you believe in Ghosts ? (+3)  
I found some ghosts! I guess I'll leave them here since this is the ghost thread and there seem to be no green doors blocking the exit to the rest of the forum.

You have no idea how hard it was to get them to settle down because of my avatar.

[Last edited by Aquator at 08-11-2016 03:22 PM]
08-11-2016 at 11:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
liam55
And yes, i don't believe too :D
08-16-2016 at 12:42 PM
Kallor
Rank Points: 277
Crimsonmoon, the stories please! You can't just state that you have them and then keep them to yourself.

08-17-2016 at 10:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Crimson Moon
Rank Points: 108
icon Re: Do you believe in Ghosts ? (+2)  
Kallor wrote:
Crimsonmoon, the stories please! You can't just state that you have them and then keep them to yourself.

Alright, get ready DROD folks for some story time!

So, about 9 years ago I lived in a different house than the one I do now. It was for the most part a small simple house, but there is a lot of strange things that happened.

The first, which happened when I was little, was a reoccurring nightmare that would involve a shadow looking out the kitchen window into the backyard. That shadow would exit the house and enter the backyard, and then another shadow would appear in the window. This would keep happening until I was caught and killed.

These shadows happen to not just be part of the dream however. Every night, and it was only at night, every time I would like up the stairs, there would be a shadow looking down at me from the top. To help give perspective, the stairs had as small incline, then a corner you would do a u-turn at, then the big incline. I would typically look away quickly, and then when I looked back up, it would be gone. This happened EVERY time, no fail. Eventually, I would just use a blanket to hide myself from having to look up, in which case I would never run into it.

I can verify this wasn't part of my imagination because my dog , Shatzie, one night climbed the stairs, but was too scared to go on that last step right at the top. Why? He made it that far after all. My mom heard him whining, and when she went to go get him, right before she entered her room, she could of swore she was "moved" so that she ran right into a wall nose first. The fact that she had to go get him, pick him up, and walk back should have made her awake enough. She could of swore the door was in front of her. She had a broken nose for a while.

I also always had to sleep by my mom. Even if my closet door was closed, shadows would walk out of it one by one, and start creeping closely to me. If I tried to close my eyes, I can feel them looking down at me and right next to me. EVERY night I would go to my moms room and sleep by her. However, I still couldn't look at their closet either, because the same shadows would come out. However, they never walked near me when I was with my mom. I was to scared to dare look in the hallway.

Want to know an interesting fact? My parents and my closet were connected. That's how I know these were the same shadows that entered my room. These shadows also never appeared in any other closet.

One more dream that started happening when I was older was one where I was having a "sleep over" in my room, at least, thats what I thought as a kid. My room was much bigger than normal. My entire school was there. However, when I think back, I don't think they were asleep. I think they were dead bodies covered with sheets. I never did check any of the sheets so I don't know. I would look out my door and see my grandmother walk out of my parents bedroom and past my door. I never checked my parents bedroom in this dream, so again, I don't know anything about what happened or what was in there. I would see my grandmother head down the stairs as I followed her, and when I turned the corner, a skinless monster with tentacles would toss me against the wall, it would show its teeth and attempt to eat off my head, which is when I would wake up.

Those 2 dreams by the way were every night. The only times I would not dream them is when I was not in the house. Another funny thing is right when I moved, they have NEVER happened again, and immediately when I moved, my fear of the dark was gone.

My mom also had an experience where she heard voices that got louder as she went up the stairs, but vanished when she opened the attic door. She thought it was my dad and I at first, but nobody was there.

I never went down to the basement at night either, because I didn't dare want to know what was down there.

So, demons or ghosts, you decide. All I know is that this all did happen, and is in no way just my imagination (I mean come on, being 12 and still being scared of the dark, only to then be able to look darkness in the face right when I move? Plus what about my moms accounts? She definitely wouldn't have a childs delusions).
08-17-2016 at 10:27 PM
BlueFlower
Rank Points: 156
Because I like to explore places, I have many stories of what happened to me. Because of this, I can tell you where to avoid in Salt Lake City, as well as local rumours.

For example, in Ogden, UT, one of the local landmarks is Union Station. I went there once, alone, and decided to venture upstairs. Upon reaching the second floor, I turned right and headed down a corridor. This corridor turned left, then right, leading to an attic like space. It's dark, and one wall is masonry with small "windows." at the end of this area is a staircase to a locked exterior door, a sort-of staircase to nowhere. In said area, you feel as if a thousand eyes follow you. So I went down, then up the staircase and left. But my story doesn't end here. That night, at my home in Salt Lake (an hour away by train), I woke up in the night - for no reason - and as I walked down the hall, I saw a woman's bust in the TV, which was off. I quickly retreated to my room after that. And in the morning, one of the weird curios we had, namely an ostrich egg, had fallen off its shelf, and landed several feet away from the dresser. Everyone thought it was weird, but a similar thing happened when the kitchen ceiling light fell down and shattered, although it hadn't been moved in 10 years, but usually you hear creaking in the attic, which never happened before this visit.

[Last edited by BlueFlower at 08-23-2016 04:04 AM]
08-23-2016 at 03:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Wait, wait, I've got the answer to this...

It was mew, right?
11-09-2016 at 10:55 AM
BlueFlower
Rank Points: 156
Banjooie wrote:
Wait, wait, I've got the answer to this...

It was mew, right?

Nope. We later tried burning sage to 'cleanse' the house, nothing happened, and the house smelt for a week.

11-13-2016 at 05:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 488
If there was some way that the dead could interact with the living, don't you think that by now, at least one dead person would have gone out of his way to make all of humanity aware of it?

11-13-2016 at 06:01 AM
blorx1
Rank Points: 920
No.

11-13-2016 at 06:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Do you believe in Ghosts ? (No joking here, i am asking this seriously. Share your experiences, something you've been told, you've seen like that)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com