Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Token Effort (Easy to Medium Difficulty Token Puzzles)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.4/10 (11 votes)
σ 2.14
Author Name:Jacob
Submitted By:Jacob
Hold Name:Token Effort
Theme:Easy to Medium Difficulty Token Puzzles
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:23
Number of Monsters:179
Version:DROD: The City Beneath (3.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:9 (+9 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Token Effort.hold (11.8 KB)
Downloaded 989 times.
License: Other
icon Token Effort  
Looking for a new challenge, Beethro sought out an architect whose holds he'd ventured into in the past, wondering if he had any new dungeons for him to explore.

"Well, I have got a new one. But, to be honest, it's just a token effort".

Here's a short, sweet, not too hard, non-linear hold (23 rooms total) for you all.

Beta-testing (including additional room variations) by TFMurphy, mvxladi and CuriousShyRabbit.
06-05-2009 at 12:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: Token Effort (+1)  
Here's a new hold from Jacob, featuring tarstuff switcher tokens, arrow rotation tokens, and some other pleasant surprises. The clever and varied tarstuff switching puzzles make this hold well worth the effort to download and play. :)
06-05-2009 at 12:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mxvladi
Rank Points: 2505
Yay! Finally it's released!

This hold is exellent. It contains a lot of interesting puzzles.

Puzzles are based on tokens in most cases, except for postmastery room, 2S 1W and 3S 1W. In addition to exellent tarstuff token puzzles, this hold contains some lovely arrow rotator token puzzles. 4N is my favourite of them.

Most of arrow rotator puzzles are relaxing, while tarstuff change tokens puzzles are challenging.

I really enjoyed playing this hold. I give it 10 for fun and 4,5 brains.

[Last edited by mxvladi at 04-05-2010 10:35 AM : changed my opinion about difficulty after playing tougher holds]
06-05-2009 at 12:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
icon Re: Token Effort (+2)  
This is another fine effort by Jacob. I don't think it was quite up to the standards of some of his previous work, but it was certainly very good fun.

I will say that either the secrets in this hold are very well-hidden, or I'm losing my touch for searching.

Secreted for minor spoilers that reveal the number of secret rooms in the hold.

Click here to view the secret text

Overall, I give this hold an 8 for fun and 6.5 brains of difficulty. (Although I thoughts that the solutions to 2S1W and 2S2W were much harder than the rest of the hold.)

Josh

10-28-2009 at 02:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
noma
Rank Points: 1594
It looks like a lot of people started this hold but didn't complete it, so I want to give it a plug. While there are some tough rooms, they do respond to persistence and I got a lot of satisfaction and quite a bit of enjoyment out of working through these puzzles. Included in the 22 pre-mastery rooms are 6 sets of room pairs that contain slightly different versions of each other. Hey, it's a time-saver; once you've solved one, you're well on your way to solving the other. Definitely more than a token effort.
04-05-2010 at 04:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Token Effort (Easy to Medium Difficulty Token Puzzles) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com