Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Son of Bride of Watch the Bar VI Unleashed: Barmageddon
<<29303132
Page 33 of 36
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
RabidChild
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 720
IP: Logged
icon Re: Son of Bride of Watch the Bar VI Unleashed: Barmageddon (+1)  
Lamkin wrote:
I especially like that first screenshot with the trees.
One thing I was hoping for was an animated avatar for Gunthro (as Tendry in TT doesn't have one *sob*), and looking at the different screenshots it's fairly obvious that at least Gunthro's eyes move, so that's cool. :thumbup2:

It does sort of offend my sensibilities that Gunthro's avatar apparently shows his sword sheathed even when he's wielding it.
03-10-2012 at 10:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Lamkin
Rank Points: 606
icon Re: Son of Bride of Watch the Bar VI Unleashed: Barmageddon (0)  
RabidChild wrote:
It does sort of offend my sensibilities that Gunthro's avatar apparently shows his sword sheathed even when he's wielding it.
Yeah, me too. Hadn't noticed that.
03-10-2012 at 10:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Sorry, there is nothing material added for pre-ordering, so you are welcome to wait until the game is actually released if you like in order to buy it. But, registering a pre-order will make it so you can download the game on the forum the moment it's released, or maybe even a bit earlier. And you get a free month of CaravelNet to boot, that you can start using right away. However, there will also be a nice bonus for anyone that buys the game for the foreseeable future that will include more than simply receiving the full game. We'll reveal more about that later this month.

Yes, Gunthro will and does have a full set of animations, just like Beethro! Erik did some great work there.

That being said, I do realize pictures showing people with really big swords do tend to sort of offend one's sensibilities. Everything we do is flawlessly consistent!

Oh...and a beta tester just mastered the hold. They had good things to say about the game. Time to up the progress on the bar, I guess ;)

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 03-10-2012 11:07 PM]
03-10-2012 at 11:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
Gunthro's shirt sure is unshaded. Also my lord he is a sad-looking short fellow. Not at all what you'd think from his name. Maybe he'll grow on me as I play.

[Last edited by Jatopian at 03-10-2012 11:12 PM]
03-10-2012 at 11:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Gunthro is an ugly, hunched over little man who you'd rather just goes off and cleans your basement rather than disturb you at mealtime.

03-10-2012 at 11:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Unlike Beethro, whom even kings love to have over for dinner. Right? Right. That apple was positively flung away from the tree.

Beethro does seem to be taller, though. I wonder what happened? Is it just a false impression I have?

03-10-2012 at 11:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
It's evolution at work. Like the type depicted on one of Danforth's sell screens in JtRH.

03-10-2012 at 11:39 PM
Jatopian
Well no wonder TSS is on hold. You're still figuring out how he chops up monsters with his cell phone!

03-10-2012 at 11:41 PM
Bombadil
Rank Points: 509
Odyssey wrote:
RabidChild wrote:
Maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but how long has this been up?

Looks good

Indeed. The only thing that bothers me is the change of font in the DROD logo (and the hard to read "Gunthro and the Epic Blunder"). Why was that? :(

Apart from that, 120% hyped. Also about the preorder. I don't recall TCB or JtRH being preorderable, but it might be that my memory is failing.

Also, screenshots!

EDIT: The preorder page makes me chose between Windows and Linux versions... Does it make any difference which one I pick? I'll be playing it on a Mac, so... :S

[Last edited by Bombadil at 03-10-2012 11:51 PM]
03-10-2012 at 11:45 PM
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3406
icon Re: Son of Bride of Watch the Bar VI Unleashed: Barmageddon (+2)  
RabidChild wrote:
That's just his backup sword. Obviously.

03-10-2012 at 11:56 PM
mrimer
Sharpened the font on the main page image, at the expense of a larger image file size.

Bombadil wrote: EDIT: The preorder page makes me chose between Windows and Linux versions... Does it make any difference which one I pick? I'll be playing it on a Mac, so... :S
You can pre-order any version, and after you register, you can download whichever OS you want when they show up on the forum Downloads page.

That being said, we have yet to make an official Mac build, which is why I don't have Mac support officially listed there yet. Please send your good karma our way that we'll be able to handle the Mac version in a timely manner.

[Last edited by mrimer at 03-11-2012 12:25 AM]
03-11-2012 at 12:24 AM
Jatopian
Hm... so on the glum cove screenshot we have... a river... running down the side of a tree?

03-11-2012 at 12:28 AM
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
skell wrote:
[Post Deleted] Trickster wrote:
skell wrote:
Click here to view the secret text
I currently assume this response was aimed at my stylistic-comment on the first secret
Yes, and Rabscuttle's post.
And I won't say how close or far you are with your prediction ;).

wait, what? Which thing that I said was that a response to?
03-11-2012 at 12:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
Bombadil wrote:
Rabscuttle wrote:
TripleM wrote:

I don't know how I got into this conversation.

I admit that I have

but it is not what the second hint refers to.
The hint relates to something far more known (and from someone much more recognized around here).

But from your second statment, I seem to understand that you already got both images. Is that so?

I've "found" both images, but I still don't know which post the second one is attached to. I was considering your posts based on your name (due to TripleM's hint)
03-11-2012 at 12:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dischorran
I dunno. Looks to me like the trees are on the same scale as the roaches. Maybe the people are just tiny?

03-11-2012 at 02:21 AM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1299
Someone Else wrote:
Odyssey wrote:
Could really use a Really Big Sword right now.
That's a vacuously true statement.
No. It is a tautology. (Those are a bit different.)

Vacuously true statements would be:

"All the Really Big Swords I am holding right now are not Really Big Swords." This seems contradictory, but is vacuously true if there are no RBS in my hands to test the condition.

"If a Really Big Sword is a useless weapon, then zero equals one." Again, this seems contradictory, but it is vacuously true if the precondition is false, because there can be no counterexample.
Ah, yes, you're right. Good catch.
03-11-2012 at 06:20 AM
robin
Rank Points: 842
And pre-ordered!

The screenshots on the pre-order page have a normal sice,

I guess... :D

03-11-2012 at 09:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
The Architest
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 254
Pre-ordered, too! :) Hope the money will come there and not burn my pockets anymore.
03-11-2012 at 10:10 AM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
mrimer wrote:
But, registering a pre-order will make it so you can download the game on the forum the moment it's released, or maybe even a bit earlier. And you get a free month of CaravelNet to boot, that you can start using right away. However, there will also be a nice bonus for anyone that buys the game for the foreseeable future that will include more than simply receiving the full game. We'll reveal more about that later this month.
Sold. (Literally... :))

np: Wiley - Life At Sea (Evolve Or Be Extinct (Disc 2))

03-11-2012 at 10:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
okay so i guess if i hadn't randomly checked this thread i wouldn't know i could preorder the game

i am starting to become increasingly enthralled with Caravel's reverse-psychology marketing tactics

also I really hope that isn't gunthro's final portrait because outside of the face that looks terrible.
03-11-2012 at 11:53 AM
Jacob
Rank Points: 3741
Shame most of the comments are criticisms of the artwork - I'd not expected that to be the initial response to this release.

But anyway, what people haven't commented on is the fact that these pictures actually show, I think, 5 new features of the game (excluding the fact that it's Gunthro as the main character).

03-11-2012 at 11:58 AM
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
icon Re: Son of Bride of Watch the Bar VI Unleashed: Barmageddon (-1)  
EDIT: Sorry, I now realise that this is the thread wherein people don't like me. Fortunately I don't care.

[Last edited by Tim at 03-11-2012 02:12 PM]
03-11-2012 at 01:02 PM
Jutt
Rank Points: 863
Jacob wrote:
Shame most of the comments are criticisms of the artwork - I'd not expected that to be the initial response to this release.

But anyway, what people haven't commented on is the fact that these pictures actually show, I think, 5 new features of the game (excluding the fact that it's Gunthro as the main character).
I think these are the five features (secreted if you want to find them yourself).

03-11-2012 at 01:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Bombadil
Rank Points: 509
mrimer wrote:

Bombadil wrote: EDIT: The preorder page makes me chose between Windows and Linux versions... Does it make any difference which one I pick? I'll be playing it on a Mac, so... :S
You can pre-order any version, and after you register, you can download whichever OS you want when they show up on the forum Downloads page.

That being said, we have yet to make an official Mac build, which is why I don't have Mac support officially listed there yet. Please send your good karma our way that we'll be able to handle the Mac version in a timely manner.

...and pre-ordered!

Sending karma-filled pigeons to the dev team!

mrimer wrote:
Sharpened the font on the main page image, at the expense of a larger image file size.

That looks better, thank you!
But is there any reason for the change of font in "DROD"?
It does not look flawlessly consistant...

[Last edited by Bombadil at 03-11-2012 04:45 PM]
03-11-2012 at 04:45 PM
Odyssey
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 124
Is the other big project free?

03-11-2012 at 05:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dischorran
Hrm. Yeah, the more I look at the Gunthro portrait the less I like it. I think it's the sword and the face outline both looking like quick mouse traces with a pencil tool.

03-11-2012 at 11:07 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Bombadil wrote:
But is there any reason for the change of font in "DROD"?
It does not look flawlessly consistant...
This - compared to the "DROD" type in the older cover images the new one just screams "made in Photoshop with too many layer effects and gradients tacked on" at me, while the other was simple and clean and got the job done quite efficiently... :?

[Last edited by Briareos at 03-12-2012 12:50 AM]
03-11-2012 at 11:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
To me, the problem with the Gunthro portrait is that his shirt is a solid orange block. I like the face.

03-11-2012 at 11:24 PM
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1226
The portrait seems perfectly fine to me, actually I like it a lot. I would prefer the old DROD logo though, guess I just got used to it over the years.
03-11-2012 at 11:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
robin wrote:
I think every time a beta-tester masters the game, they'll add 0.25%
I hope the other 9 testers will finish the game soon ;)
Oh dog, I just had a horrible thought! What if one of the testers is Tahnan?!

Hee hee. *ducks* :smile

(Just kidding, seriously.)
Er huh what? Is someone taking my name in vain?
03-12-2012 at 07:52 AM
<<29303132
Page 33 of 36
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Son of Bride of Watch the Bar VI Unleashed: Barmageddon
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com