Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Undo more than 1 move.
Page 3 of 8
4567>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mtuan
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 21
IP: Logged
icon Re: Undo more than 1 move. (0)  
DROD is such a punitive and tough game. I still feel dreaded and terrified when I see trapdoors under tar. Undo makes it easier for beginners to play such a great game.

For hardcore gamers, you could turn such options off and play as your wish.

I have voted for Undo Unlimited and Undo 3 moves. Mostly I need to undo maximum only 3 moves, but Undo Unlimited can be an option that we can turn on/off as needed.

Hopefully it's not too difficult to code such options. If it is so, then 3-move undo would be sufficient.

10-19-2012 at 09:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645
While trapdoors under tar is awful, I believe there's a slider now to make tar automatically semi-transparent in the options in at least GatEB.

So there's that.
10-20-2012 at 09:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
I don't really care that much about UU or no-UU. But if UU does get implemented, it'd be nice to have a separate button that will only even undo once.

Two reasons I'd want a just undo once button:
1. Sometimes that's all I want to undo and wouldn't want to accidentally double up.
2. 'Oh crap I died! Must undo quick! Tap tap tap tap!' I'm guessing I'm not the only one who taps the button repeatedly when the screen unexpectedly starts going black, heh.

10-22-2012 at 02:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
I feel like that second issue could be solved more elegantly than having yet another key to assign. The first one... I think maybe it would be better if we did something like hitting the undo key after you die or restore but before you make other moves would put you back to where you were before you died or restored.
Trickster wrote:
Jatopian wrote:
There's simply no way to enforce a rule that rooms must be completed without UU.
This is an extremely silly straw man. There has never been a way to 'enforce a rule against UU', nor has anyone on the forum ever requested such a thing.
What other purpose would there be for Jacob's request of a flag on demos made using UU that prevented such demos from being scored?
If the functional results of UU were actually as easy to implement by yourself as you suggest, you wouldn't be arguing so vociferously for adding it, because you wouldn't need it to be implemented at all.
The idea is not that UU is easily replicable, it's that it can be done regardless and not having it makes the high score game more about who has the most free time to obsess over it than who has the most skill. Unless I'm mistaken and the high score game is actually not solely about finding optimal room solutions first.

[Last edited by Jatopian at 10-22-2012 04:17 PM : I kept forgetting to address that Trickster post.]
10-22-2012 at 04:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
Jatopian wrote:
I feel like that second issue could be solved more elegantly than having yet another key to assign. The first one... I think maybe it would be better if we did something like hitting the undo key after you die or restore but before you make other moves would put you back to where you were before you died or restored.

Definitely would like losing the time limit on undo after death. And being able to undo after restore. Yeah, I think that is better than a separate key for that issue. Would take the rush off death, and make it easier to decide when to restore ('oh, I missed that checkpoint? Well, I'll just try to tough out the rest then!') I'd love to be able to undo restore when I find out it's 200 moves back instead of 10.

For the first issue, I guess as long as undo doesn't repeat the way movement and turning do (you have to actually press it once for each undo) it wouldn't need to be a separate key.

10-23-2012 at 07:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
I dunno, I can see people really wanting the ability to hold down the key for lots of undo. And that's how it works currently, in the editor.

I'm not entirely sure it will really be an issue in practice, but if it is: What if we had a setting to toggle UU while playing, and in-game had a hotkey to toggle this setting, something like Ctrl+Undo?

10-23-2012 at 06:44 PM
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
icon Re: Undo more than 1 move. (+2)  
Man, I've seen so many conflicting thoughts and suggestions in this thread, it's no wonder the developers haven't implemented it yet: in order to satisfy everyone, the "undo options" menu would be huge.

10-23-2012 at 06:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
I want a giant undo menu with a gajillion options, none of which actually do anything.
11-01-2012 at 07:49 AM
RabidChild
Rank Points: 720
Banjooie wrote:
I want a giant undo menu with a gajillion options, none of which actually do anything.

That would have the advantage of being easy to code.
11-01-2012 at 01:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1304
Is it okay if some of them repeat? Because I think it might be quite difficult to code that many.
11-01-2012 at 02:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
But if you change the option to no undo, you can never change it again.

11-01-2012 at 02:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
skell
Rank Points: 3734
I want my undo to also undo last change in the settings!

11-01-2012 at 05:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
skell wrote:
I want my undo to also undo last change in the settings!

But that's a slippery slope there - we'd need meta-undo settings to regulate the behavior and permissions for meta-undoing changes to undo settings, and then we'd need meta-meta-undo settings for changing the meta-undo settings, etc. etc. etc. ad infinitum.

-

On a more serious note, I'm personally in favor of some small number of available undoes, like 3 or 5. That should be sufficient for someone like Pearls to recognize he's in trouble because the roaches got too close or the tar spawned in a bad way, and quickly fix tactical mistakes. However, I still think that if there's a strategical error that requires going back several moves, then we should encourage players to restore to a checkpoint that they stepped on earlier, because that tends to represent some discrete amount of strategical progress that the player wanted to save. (It also gives the player a quick way to tell "to what point" he restored to in terms of room progress and/or player location.)

I think this is better than allowing them to undo around 40 moves, keep playing, undo 50 moves, then get frustrated that the room is impossible. In the current model, if the player restores back to a checkpoint, they might realize that some consistent feature of the checkpoint state is making the room impossible. (at which point they can return to an earlier checkpoint and try to fix whatever they noticed.)

[Last edited by Chaco at 11-01-2012 05:22 PM]
11-01-2012 at 05:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Figured I'd turn up and give my point of view though echoing most of what west.logan, Trickster and Zch have succinctly explained.

DROD is a masterpiece of puzzle solving - one of a kind. It achieves this by removing trial and error. This makes it very very hard to beat.

That's what makes DROD great, and I would personally not want to play the game any longer if there was a change to the undo mechanism.
11-09-2012 at 09:33 AM
Jatopian
Syntax wrote:
Figured I'd turn up and give my point of view though echoing most of what west.logan, Trickster and Zch have succinctly explained.

DROD is a masterpiece of puzzle solving - one of a kind. It achieves this by removing trial and error. This makes it very very hard to beat.

That's what makes DROD great, and I would personally not want to play the game any longer if there was a change to the undo mechanism.
You'd give up the high score ranking you fought for for so many years? Why would it suddenly mean so much less to you?

11-09-2012 at 11:02 AM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Jatopian wrote:
Syntax wrote:

You'd give up the high score ranking you fought for for so many years? Why would it suddenly mean so much less to you?
I would give up DROD regardless of score - I've enjoyed the challenge and I think more than one undo dilutes one of the base reasons I've enjoyed it so much
11-10-2012 at 05:25 AM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: Undo more than 1 move. (+1)  
What if Caravel offered a for-money add-on to DROD that provides support for additional undo options? You could buy a Basic Undo Extender that gives you 3-move undo for 0.99, or an Extended Undo Extender that gives you 5-move undo for 1.99. Or a Deluxe Undo Extender that gives you up to 30-move undo for 3.99. Or an Unlimited Undo for 5.99.

Okay, I think I'm just trolling now.

What this thread shows me is that I should be scared to touch this game option in classic DROD. Kind of like messing with the UI in a Linux distro.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-19-2012 at 10:20 PM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1304
And, for only 5 cents a pop, you can get a single non-reusable undo to use instantly in addition to your normal undos!
11-20-2012 at 12:08 AM
Banjooie
Mrimer, you can't sell undo DLC without selling undo-undo DLC for the people who find the undo DLC has diluted their ability to enjoy the game and want to undo their undoing capabilities.
11-20-2012 at 12:30 PM
Jatopian
Syntax wrote:
I would give up DROD regardless of score - I've enjoyed the challenge and I think more than one undo dilutes one of the base reasons I've enjoyed it so much
So does this mean you're willing to take me up on the challenge?

11-21-2012 at 02:22 PM
Trickster
Rank Points: 662
Jatopian wrote:
So does this mean you're willing to take me up on the challenge?
I don't think you understand why those of us opposed to UU are not rushing to answer your "challenge". It has nothing to do with the reasons we oppose UU.

Official Hold Progress
Click here to view the secret text

Favorite Unofficial Holds (I need to play more!)

My Holds

11-21-2012 at 06:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Trickster wrote:
I don't think you understand why those of us opposed to UU are not rushing to answer your "challenge". It has nothing to do with the reasons we oppose UU.
Reading back, you're speaking only for yourself and Syntax, not all of "those of us opposed to UU".

From what I can gather, you're in it for suspense and danger. To this I would say: There's suspense and danger?

You have unlimited time to contemplate moves. There's no permadeath. The penalty for failure is a small shot of tedium more likely to be hated for its reprisal through playing the room and hold than for its individual exasperation - perhaps inspiring annoyance, but not dread. If we'd kept Webfoot's timed mode in Caravel DROD I could understand, but I don't think we reimplemented that while I wasn't looking

If you've been using your own willpower to create artificial constraints for yourself which you find exciting, how does UU overcome that willpower? For that matter, how would a portable checkpoint be less of a temptation?

11-21-2012 at 07:34 PM
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: Undo more than 1 move. (+9)  
Trickster said:
I'd be VERY upset if it allowed you to UU on 4.0 and previous holds, as this completely changes these holds. But I'd be upset in any case. This removes all the danger and suspense from the game I love. I really don't like UU. This isn't a game that's supposed to be "easy"...that's not why we play it.

Then don't use it.

bwross siad:
UU belittles things a bit too much. There should be a bit more consequence to things.

Then don't use it

Besides, the existence of anyone being able to play with UU means that people that opt out will still need to deal with puzzles that are built with UU available.

UU is already available in the editor, so this objection makes no sense.

west.logan said:
I guess part of me thinks unlimited would be cheap. Of course, I would have the choice not to use it so I'm really fine either way.

Exactly

hyperme said:
On one hand, Unlimited Undo feels a bit overkill. If you need to go back more than five moves, you're probably better off resetting.

Probably right, except that the number of moves is going to vary from person to person and room to room. If N moves is good enough, and you're willing to allow N undoes, you may as well allow infinite undoes in case you were wrong about N moves being enough. If you're right about N moves being enough, then having UU isn't going to make the game better or worse.

Red-XIII said:
Personally with UU I found some rooms easier than others because you can go back until you realize the mistake and then fix it, so even if the trick in a room is hard with UU you can "avoid" that.

I'm not sure that's an objection. If it is, don't use it.

Trickster said:
Would not "add a droppable save point and 3-move undo" be good enough for those of you who want more control?
Yeah, but we'll be back here arguing over UU for version 6.

west.logan said:
blah blah blah high scores vulnerable
Optimizers already can use UU
Optimization is dead anyway

mxvladi said:
Unlimited undo in-game would make the optimizing process slightly, slightly faster. It especially applies to roach-horde rooms and stuff like that.
So, there's not much change?

Trickster said
If the functional results of UU were actually as easy to implement by yourself as you suggest, you wouldn't be arguing so vociferously for adding it, because you wouldn't need it to be implemented at all. The fact that there are certain people who ask time and again for UU is evidence that leaving it out makes DROD a different game (for better or worse).
Then shouldn't the burden be on those who don't want it (but wouldn't have to use it if existed) to prove that it makes the game worse rather than on those who do want it to prove that it makes the game better?

UU removes part of the joy from optimizing. When I first play a room, I try to optimize it the first time if I can. This means skipping checkpoints (for faster paths) and taking risks. It means there is heightened tension. If I box myself in, I'm SCREWED. That makes my adrenaline pump. You don't get that if you have unlimited undo of mistakes.
THEN DON'T USE IT!

but I know eventually I'd use it somewhere and lose something I used to really enjoy
The only reason you'd give in and use it is because you want to have more fun or have fun in a different way. If that's not the case, then DON'T USE IT!

Zch said
I think it would encourage rapidly trying random stuff instead of thinking and planning ahead. The player would get results in easier rooms, but then get stuck in harder ones... Unlimited undo would make Drod more frustrating to play, not less. That's what I think anyway.

The first reasonable objection to UU in this thread. I disagree, however. The search tree is too wide (branching factor of 10 at every move) and too deep for even moderately long rooms for this to be a practical solution to solving rooms. If this was practical, we'd already have robo-solvers.

Chaco said
However, I still think that if there's a strategical error that requires going back several moves, then we should encourage players to restore to a checkpoint that they stepped on earlier, because that tends to represent some discrete amount of strategical progress that the player wanted to save. (It also gives the player a quick way to tell "to what point" he restored to in terms of room progress and/or player location.)
Another interesting objection. Chaco makes it sound like we're recruiting and training people to become dungeon exterminators (But you won't have UU when you do into a REAL dungeon!) like some sort of weird boot camp. My rebuttle here is that correcting an individual player's strategic missteps shouldn't be a goal of this community or the devs or the game.

Syntax said
As I said above, adding UU isn't going to make trial and error a viable solving option.

I would personally not want to play the game any longer if there was a change to the undo mechanism.
Blackmail isn't an reasonable debate strategy. Moreover, I think you're bluffing. Repeat after me: If you don't like it, THEN DON'T USE IT!
You'd be better off threatening to leave over something that you don't have any choice but to deal with. Say, Rock Golems. They go, or I go!

Your objections have all been answered and you haven't come up with anything new. Concede or answer the challenge!

[Last edited by stigant at 11-21-2012 08:10 PM]
11-21-2012 at 07:54 PM
west.logan
Since you brought me back into this, more thoughts then. If it doesn't make trial and error feasible, then why is it necessary? What does it add that we don't have now? I'm just curious.

I was thinking about this today. I enjoyed the experience of AE: you mess up, you die. Unfortunately I found myself goobering things up with clumsy fingers or just going to fast through a repetitive part and having to reset the whole room sometimes. Thus the undo button. It eliminates the physical errors I sometimes make and allows me correct that mistake without suffering. It's nice.

What does unlimited undo do for you then? Allow you to correct several mistakes? A myriad of mistakes? Trial and error? As Trickster pointed out, it DOES change the game. Does it hurt the puzzle-solving experience in any way? Is this a change that is desperately needed? Testimony seems to be that in the editor it has made people more sloppy than thinking things out before moving, which is what I assume puzzle games are supposed to be (thoughtful). What can unlimited undo do for me and why do I need it? Does it hurt puzzle-solving? That is the question.

Oh, and perhaps I'm not a serious enough optimizer but I've NEVER used the editor for optimizing a room. Never crossed my mind. That seems like it would be almost equivalent to using a room solver and then keying it in myself once I have a good solution.

11-21-2012 at 08:11 PM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
icon Re: Undo more than 1 move. (+5)  
DROD is hardly the only game that caters to both a casual, play-it-how-you-like player base and a competitive, score-counting player base. In almost any game or sport you care to name, there are features made available to the former that aren't available to the latter. Casual Scrabble players allow flipping through a dictionary to check your word before playing it; in tournament games where your score counts, that's not allowed. Casual poker often involves the dealer naming variations or declaring some cards wild; I don't think there are professional tournaments with wild cards, certainly not at the serious, shows-on-ESPN level. Casual chess often glosses over certain rules of tournament chess that count in your FIDE rating, such as the rule that once you touch a piece you have to move it (to say nothing of the clock). Casual golf literally has an "undo", though it's called a "mulligan"; professional golf wouldn't ever consider the idea of letting a golfer undo their last move because it wasn't good enough. (Comparing a pick-up basketball/football game to the way these sports are played by NBA/FIFA rules is left as an exercise to the reader.)

Why do games, when played by casual players, have all of these variations? Quite simply, because for casual players they're more fun that way. At the official level, it's important that the rules are consistent and occasionally even a little harsh, because those restrictions provide a necessary challenge. But casual players don't care that their game isn't comparable to a game being played in another city three hours away, and are interested in easing up on the challenge. It's more challenging if you don't know in advance if your Scrabble word is valid, or if you can't take back a bad golf shot, or the like, and serious players want those challenges while casual players may find them irritating. No one is "right" or "wrong" in these games; casual and serious players simply play for different reasons, and neither would want to play under the other's rules.

I think, and I could be wrong, that that's at least some of what we're facing in this discussion. DROD has casual players, who want to make it through holds just to see if they can do it, because they like the personal challenge, or what have you. It also has people who play to have their scores compared against each other's, the way chess and Scrabble and bridge players do (even when they're not in tournaments, and there's no money involved, just their ranking). For the casual player, relaxing the rules with something like unlimited undo makes sense, while for many people (though not all!) who are interested in the high score table, unlimited undo removes one of the challenges that makes the game interesting.

For one thing, then, people arguing over UU should remember this distinction; going back and forth saying "but that takes all the challenge out!" and "thank god it takes all the challenge out!" is like me arguing with Tiger Woods about whether it's fair for someone to try again after a bad drive. For me, of course it's fair; why would I want to play a ball that's landed in a sand trap a hundred feet from the tee? But for Tiger woods, of course it's not fair; playing it where it lies is part of the game.

The other point I want to make is that, looking at it this way, I think I agree with Jacob's suggestion:
Jacob wrote:
There's an option to toggle UU in settings.
If it's selected, scores cannot be submitted for rooms completed using UU.
(i.e. there's some sort of flag generated if a demo is made with UU ON, and this flag prevents the demo being submitted for highscoring).
That's exactly the way we mark "casual" basketball/chess/Scrabble/croquet/caber-tossing/whatever from tournament-level. I can play all the Scrabble I want while flipping through a dictionary, but the game won't count for my Scrabble ranking; if I want a game to count, I have to play with the more stringent challenge.

Jatopian's objection, i.e.
Jatopian wrote:
All this does is put optimizers to the trouble of replaying their demo move for move once they've found a solution they're satisfied with.
doesn't feel like an objection to me. Tiger Woods may practice all he likes--in some sense, standing on a driving range is like taking mulligan after mulligan and just redoing your first shot over and over again; someone practicing for tournament Scrabble might keep a dictionary on-hand because they find it helpful when practicing. All the same, when tournament time comes around, they have to do it again without that relaxing of the rules, and the same would apply here. If you're the kind of optimizer who wants to practice a room with UU until you get it right, and then try to repeat that performance without, then hey, go for it (the same way you could do so now, using the editor). But you still have to do it.

Your mileage may, and likely does, vary.
11-21-2012 at 08:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Red-XIII
Rank Points: 623
west.logan wrote:
What can unlimited undo do for me and why do I need it? Does it hurt puzzle-solving? That is the question.

The only objective thing about this is that the answer is personal! For some players it changes a lot, for others it changes a bit and others think that it changes nothing.
Since all of us will never agree on the same decision the best thing to do (and it's currently going on) is a poll.
If the UU wins the poll then I agree on what Stigant said, only because something is there (UU) it does not mean that you have to use it, it's only our decision.
Once again, I personally don't love UU in game ( I do in editor) but if it's going to be like this then I don't care, I'll play DroD as I always did and as I always will :)

[Last edited by mrimer at 11-24-2012 04:10 AM]
11-21-2012 at 08:37 PM
west.logan
So DROD and DROD Pro Plus eh? I like it :)

11-21-2012 at 08:39 PM
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
This conversation clearly illustrates that people have a range of playing styles and preferences, and that some people would make use of UU and others wouldn't, so why not give players the maximal amount of freedom to play the way they want to?

In other words, by making it a toggleable option in the options menu (since we can already toggle checkpoints, tar transparency etc).

If we have a problem with UU giving the advantage when it comes to high scores, what was the problem with solutions with UU turned on being invalidated? This is equivalent to the current situation in which people can optimise using UU in the editor and then solve the room in the game "proper" in order to get a high score.

Finally, if this makes the game more accessible for drod novices, then that's surely a plus.

11-21-2012 at 08:39 PM
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
icon Re: Undo more than 1 move. (+3)  
Tahnan wrote:
Tiger Woods may practice all he likes--in some sense, standing on a driving range is like taking mulligan after mulligan and just redoing your first shot over and over again; someone practicing for tournament Scrabble might keep a dictionary on-hand because they find it helpful when practicing. All the same, when tournament time comes around, they have to do it again without that relaxing of the rules, and the same would apply here. If you're the kind of optimizer who wants to practice a room with UU until you get it right, and then try to repeat that performance without, then hey, go for it (the same way you could do so now, using the editor).
Those aren't very good analogies. Hitting the same shot in golf over and over requires skill, and using the different letters you have in every game of scrabble requires skill. Replaying a DROD room you optimized requires zero skill - I could watch a demo, write down every move, and then hit those keys again. As such I think not allowing scores for demos where UU was enabled is kinda silly. The most vocal opponents of UU aren't even saying that high scores are a big issue, anyways.

11-21-2012 at 08:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: Undo more than 1 move. (+8)  
Since you brought me back into this, more thoughts then. If it doesn't make trial and error feasible, then why is it necessary? What does it add that we don't have now? I'm just curious.
Good, let's continue the discussion.

First off, I don't particularly care about UU (as I said on my previous post in this thread), so YMMV.

Trial an error is this:
1. Hey, I just turned cw on turn 200, and I'm no surrounded by roaches and about to die. Let me back up 1 move.
2. Ok, back on move 199. What if I turn ccw instead...
3. No, that didn't work, lets back up and try N. Nope (repeat for the other 7 move possibilities)
4. Ok, so clearly I was screwed on move 199. Lets back up to move 198 and try N instead of S. Now I'm on a new move 199. Let's try cw... nope, let's try ccw. Oh, hey that allows me to get to move 201... can I finish from here? Nope, ok back track to 199 and try the other possibilities after 198 S.

and so on.

This is an impractical way to solve a room (especially if your move was 10 moves ago).

True, UU will allow you to take that particular approach to solving rooms. It'll take you eons to get past the first hard room that you run into that way, but, given infinite persistence and lifespan, you will eventually succeed.

But UU will ALSO allow you to use a slightly more efficient manner of back tracking. One that requires you to think less like a computer, more like a human chess player:
1. Ok, I'm on move 200, and I'm clearly screwed. Let's back up to 199. Ok, here things are still pretty grim, but let's see if there's any hope try a few different move 200's... nope.
2. Alright, let's back up to 195... still pretty bad, I think I'll back up another 5.
3. Ok, I'm back to move 190. Things look good here, let's try a few delves from here.

Notice that the player is using the UU capability along with a holistic evaluation of the board to find a good solving point quickly rather than exhaustively searching the solution space. Also notice that this approach isn't guaranteed to work, but when it does work, it will work quickly.

Now, personally, I find that checkpoints are a pretty good approximation of this style. But sometimes the checkpoints are 100s of moves apart, and you make a mistake somewhere about half way between them, so you have to repeat 100 moves or so to get back to the mistake. For example, 100 moves after a CP, you cut some tar, and then 100 moves later realize that you left the tar uncuttable and there's a black gate... You know when you made the mistake, UU lets you go straight there. Without UU, you're stuck going back 200 moves instead, repeating the first 100 moves (which might be non-trivial, and you might have to try several times to get it right again), and when you do finally get to the tar cut, you might have to try several different cuts at move 100 before you find the right one (meaning you have to do the first 100 moves several times in a row). That's tedious. UU eliminates this problem. Moveable CPs might also eliminate the problem. Frankly, I'd like to see both implemented, and I can use whichever is the best tool for the room I'm in.

11-21-2012 at 08:56 PM
Page 3 of 8
4567>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Undo more than 1 move.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com