Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : The Third Annual People's Choice Awards (The Deadlies are back for another year!)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3623
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Third Annual People's Choice Awards (0)  
Don't forget people in Architecture such as JamesDenem, Someone Else, and Rheb.

Hikari has also made a level in the Community Project, yet has not published anything else.

09-06-2006 at 02:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stephen4Louise
Rank Points: 548
And me, Beethro's Day Off is my only hold to date and was published during the last year.
09-06-2006 at 02:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
KevinP86 has made several puzzles in the Passing of the Hold, and hasn't published anything, so he qualifies as well.

Really, there are probably more. How many are active I wonder?

09-06-2006 at 02:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Oooh! And Niccus! His one hold is in beta right now, he counts.
09-06-2006 at 03:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
And Rabscuttle :D
09-06-2006 at 03:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pilchard VIII
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 392
So, if you don't mind me asking, where is the nominating/voting thread?

09-06-2006 at 04:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
09-06-2006 at 04:29 PM
Pilchard VIII
Blimey, that was quick. Thanks!

09-06-2006 at 04:30 PM
Hikari
Rank Points: 438
Chaco wrote:
Hikari has also made a level in the Community Project, yet has not published anything else.
Hasn't published anything else, but is in the turn list for the Community Project, and has a hold in the works... >_> <_< ;)

09-06-2006 at 09:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
but we got rid of the "only" hold requirement, as long as your first hold entered beta or got published this last year, and we only consider the first hold for purposes of this award.

incidentally, I know of at least one person who meets that requirement who hasn't been mentioned. It would be cool to have an official list from Captain Contest-Runner so people don't waste time nominating ineligiles.

09-06-2006 at 09:45 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
Ezlo wrote:
There's, uh, Jeff_Ray I believe, and others I forget.

Huh? The only hold i ever published is seemed to be the WORST one ever. I don't think i can enter. :(

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

09-06-2006 at 09:56 PM
tokyokid
Rank Points: 453
...or there's Big Wide World, or Count Theme's Dungeon, and Life to be Lived!
09-06-2006 at 10:23 PM
UrAvgAzn
Rank Points: 468
I currently have Infinite being tested in architecture, plus a few other holds being tested by private testers. I doubt I could win though.

Keep posting,

09-09-2006 at 03:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
I just want to remind all the people out there that nominations for the Lifetime Achievement Architect are only open for another couple of days. I'd also like to stress that the nominations are also counted as votes, meaning that the architect who has been nominated the most will be the architect selected for the award. So get those votes out! The votes are running fairly close, and any number of votes could completely change the outcome.

09-10-2006 at 04:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460

Do nominations count as votes in the other categories? Is it possible to nominate more than one hold in a given category?
09-12-2006 at 03:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
No. For all other categories, either an open or closed vote will happen.

09-12-2006 at 05:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob
Rank Points: 3741
Can we vote/nominate for only a subset of the categories? There are some in which I can't really think of anyone to go for.

09-13-2006 at 06:28 PM
gamer_extreme_101
For sure. You can also post the ones you've decided on now, and then edit your post to include the ones that you haven't decided on later.

But I will point out that there will be a 5 point bonus to everyone who turns in a full set of nominations.

09-13-2006 at 08:58 PM
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
Chaco wrote:
KevinP86 has made several puzzles in the Passing of the Hold, and hasn't published anything, so he qualifies as well.

I'm up to 10 now! :-O

09-14-2006 at 03:07 AM
Rabscuttle
Posting reminders in the submissions thread isn't too effective because from the outside there is no indication that the new post is going to be one that you can see. Also, they don't show up on the 'view today's posts' (the only posts that appear are your own and that includes the starting post)
I only just noticed that there were reminder notices in the Mellenfral contest.
09-15-2006 at 02:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Also, hooray for the Lifetime Architect person, whoever they may be!
09-15-2006 at 02:37 AM
gamer_extreme_101
Well, if anyone's curious as to how the voting stacked up, here's how it went:

1st - 6 votes
2nd - 2 votes.
3rd Places - 1 vote.

Who dominated? Well, I suppose we'll find out when the award show comes now, won't we? Remember, nominations are still being taken until the end of the month, and you will receive 5 rank points for submitting a full ballot.

09-15-2006 at 04:59 AM
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
Let's see. Back when you asked for more names, you said that the votes could go any way. Now the situation seems pretty stacked towards Someone, so it seems that the votes did go towards the leading candidate.

Since I've voted pretty late, and know who I voted for, I might infer who is the great winner. Then again, for all I know, I may have bumped my candidate from zero to one vote, or one vote to a mighty two. Since I'm not sure my candidate could have got the majority of the ballots, I'll make a different guess regarding who won the election.

Yeah, I've watched too many election reports, where speaking for several hours without giving any information is the norm (we get the results at 8 pm, so we don't even get the thrill of result updates). At least the BBC does make some less dreary election nights.
09-15-2006 at 09:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Only two more days to get nominations in! Remember, a full ballot (Excluding the LAA) will get you a free 5 rank points! I'd also like to point out that any holds released between the time I posted this topic and the end of nominations are eligible to win, so if you want to change your nominations, do it now!

09-29-2006 at 12:07 AM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
How's this coming along?
10-08-2006 at 02:44 AM
gamer_extreme_101
Slowly...but I am working on it as I speak.

10-08-2006 at 06:48 AM
Pilchard VIII
So, where are the results? :?

10-14-2006 at 09:20 AM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : The Third Annual People's Choice Awards (The Deadlies are back for another year!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com