Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Lunchbreak Special (The compilation for the Holds al Dente contest)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kevin_P86
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 535
IP: Logged
icon Lunchbreak Special (+1)  
Many of you are probably aware, but for those who are not, Mattcrampy has given me permission to compile the Holds al Dente contest (link for those of you who are skeptical :)).

Anyways, I have basically finished the compilation and will be setting up a CaravelNet Beta Board for it within the next few days to start the process of testing. If you are interested in being a tester, post here or send me a PM and I will invite you when I set it up.

Testing for this hold may be a little different than others, so I will outline essentially what this testing hopes to accomplish:

- Determine which entries are (and, perhaps more importantly, are not) possible to conquer and/or master. I will likely include a warning by the corresponding stairs for the entries that are determined to be uncompletable / unmasterable (or those that seem to be uncompletable / unmasterable).

- Some entries will be required to complete in order to complete this compilation hold. We need to ensure these required entries are completable.

- I think I checked all the stairs, but we all know about stair bugs, and this has a lot of stairs...

- Any other miscellaneous problems.

It is important to note that, unlike other holds, it is certainly the case that some rooms (and therefore some entries) will not be possible to complete. I will point out right now that these will not be fixed. All entries will be preserved exactly how their respective architect left them.

This is also a good time to point out that any fixed / improved versions of any of the entries should be sent to me as soon as possible (either PM me a link from which I can download it, or PM me and I will send you an e-mail address to which you can send it).

I will also mention now that three architects did not give explicit permission for their entries to be included in this compilation, so I will be unable to include them unless these architects (you should know who you are) give me permission. I realize it is unfortunate that it does not look like this compilation will be complete because of this, but I think 23 of 26 is not so bad.

Kevin

04-08-2007 at 07:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Lunchbreak Special (0)  
I might as well sign up, seeing as I had one of the entires.

Oh, and why exactly is this in contests? Architecture seems like a much more appropriate place.
04-08-2007 at 07:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
NiroZ wrote:
Oh, and why exactly is this in contests? Architecture seems like a much more appropriate place.
Not sure. If an admin feels so inclined, I wouldn't be opposed to having it moved. :)

04-08-2007 at 07:46 AM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Just in case I didn't remember to give explicit permission: I give you explicit permission. And (as I think I noted?) the rooms in my hold should probably be marked unhighscoreable, since they're mostly just "walk straight through" rooms. (Except perhaps the bureaucrat maze.)
04-08-2007 at 08:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Tahnan wrote:
Just in case I didn't remember to give explicit permission: I give you explicit permission.
Yes, you are not one of the three. The ones who did not give permission initially I sent PMs to asking for permission, and all but three replied, giving me permission. So if you did not get a PM for me within the last week or so asking for permission, then you are not one of the three.
Tahnan wrote:And (as I think I noted?) the rooms in my hold should probably be marked unhighscoreable, since they're mostly just "walk straight through" rooms. (Except perhaps the bureaucrat maze.)
Yes, I have made a note of this.

[Last edited by Kevin_P86 at 04-08-2007 08:25 AM]
04-08-2007 at 08:25 AM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
I'd like to test as well, and I don't remember getting a PM, so you can use my entry.
04-08-2007 at 11:22 AM
tokyokid
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 453

File: Chambers 1-5 Holds Al Dente.hold (295.1 KB)
Downloaded 21 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Lunchbreak Special (+1)  
Sure I will test. And you can use both of my entries. (Sorry if I forgot to PM you).

Edit: I seem to recall that one of my entries was impossible. (Chambers: Holds Al Dente, I believe it was called.) I can fix the hold, if it's true.

Edit 2: Here is an updated version that fixed the room, Chamber 2-2 1N. I didn't make any other changes, and the hold is now possible.

[Last edited by tokyokid at 04-08-2007 07:17 PM : Added fixed hold.]
04-08-2007 at 06:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
You are definitely allowed to use my entry.

I'd be willing to beta test, since I have plenty of time next week and would like to see what implementation you used for the "main level".

04-09-2007 at 01:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Ok, I have set up the board and have invited NiroZ, Ezlo, tokyokid and Chaco.

Once again, if anyone else is interested, just post here or PM me.

04-09-2007 at 03:08 AM
Jacob
Rank Points: 3741
I suspect that Sergenth's entry will be somewhat spoiled by TCB.

04-09-2007 at 05:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Yeah, that's already been discovered. It can't be helped though. :?
04-09-2007 at 05:40 PM
Kevin_P86
Jacob wrote:
I suspect that Sergenth's entry will be somewhat spoiled by TCB.
Indeed. The compilation hold is and will remain a JtRH hold (as all the entries were built in JtRH), so it will be playable in JtRH.

04-09-2007 at 06:32 PM
Jacob
Rank Points: 3741
I neglected to say that you can use mine. I don't want to change anything so you can use the original version. Unless you need another version, in which case please PM your e-mail.

04-09-2007 at 08:16 PM
Kevin_P86
Jacob wrote:
I neglected to say that you can use mine. I don't want to change anything so you can use the original version. Unless you need another version, in which case please PM your e-mail.
You were apparently one of those who gave permission while submitting your entry to the contest. Right now, I have simply included the version you submitted for the contest, so assuming that is the correct version, then all is well :).

04-09-2007 at 08:25 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
I won't mind having my hold in it. You can fix the impossible rooms as you wish.

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

04-22-2007 at 09:54 PM
Kevin_P86
Jeff_Ray... wrote:
I won't mind having my hold in it. You can fix the impossible rooms as you wish.
Ok, thanks Jeff! I have added it to the compilation.

04-23-2007 at 04:31 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Lunchbreak Special (The compilation for the Holds al Dente contest)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com