Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : All Dressed up with Nowhere to Go. (Site Update for August 29, 2006.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
IP: Logged
icon All Dressed up with Nowhere to Go. (0)  
The Third Annual People's Choice Hold Awards are approaching, and what better way to celebrate with a site update.

The Usual Suspect for all the Latest News

-Patrick

08-30-2006 at 01:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
icon Re: All Dressed up with Nowhere to Go. (+4)  
I believe it comes from the two Futurama shows entitled "Anthology of Interest" and "Anthology of Interest 2".

I might be wrong though. As punishment for my lack of confidence, it should be an oatmeal and raisin cookie instead of chocolate or sugar.

EDIT:

For the Deadlies article, don't forget the people who automatically won a Deadly because they were the only ones nominated. This is not only beneficial for me (Novice Architect 2005) but for Sergenth too. (Best Visual Design 2005)

[Last edited by Chaco at 08-30-2006 02:29 AM]
08-30-2006 at 02:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
icon Re: All Dressed up with Nowhere to Go. (0)  
Chaco wrote:
For the Deadlies article, don't forget the people who automatically won a Deadly because they were the only ones nominated. This is not only beneficial for me (Novice Architect 2005)...
I think Chaco is still eligible for the Novice Award, as his hold is still not finished yet...

-- Tim O:-

08-30-2006 at 04:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Just like Duke Nukem Forever!

08-30-2006 at 03:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Nah, I don't think I count anymore. I've already published a hold. Admittedly, more than half of it isn't my work, but hey. :)

I've also participated in a bunch of hold-building contests, and looked at the rest and said "Hey, that's interesting. I wish I was around when that happened."

So, I don't tend to think of myself as a novice anymore. But I'm not one of the great and recognizable members, such as Jacob, larrymurk, etc.

Amateur Architect? Advanced Neophyte? We need a term for people like me.

08-30-2006 at 03:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Mine isn't out yet, but I have a feeling that there's a chance it might go the way of Duke Nukem one day. But that day isn't today! Today, I go, and I BUILD!!
08-30-2006 at 03:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
The page has been fixed to include the two names that I missed. Thanks for pointing that out, Chaco.

And yes, the name did come from those two episodes of Futurama. Possibly the greatest memory from those two episodes is the mini-story Raiders of the Lost Arcade. Have a nice four-point rank cookie.

08-30-2006 at 03:15 PM
Chaco
Well, gee. Thanks!

*goes to mod up the bar*

EDIT:

Looks like you forgot a line break after Serngenth :P

[Last edited by Chaco at 08-30-2006 03:18 PM]
08-30-2006 at 03:17 PM
gamer_extreme_101
You can't see it, but all the tags that make up that page are a PITA to deal with. But thanks for pointing that out.

08-30-2006 at 03:20 PM
Chaco
It still says Serngenth instead of Sergenth over there, which was why I bolded it. Oh well, I guess you'll fix it tomorrow or the next day or something.

08-30-2006 at 03:32 PM
gamer_extreme_101
I only see Sergenth, which is how it's supposed to be. Have I missed something?

08-31-2006 at 05:21 AM
Chaco
Forget it, it said that earlier but it's been fixed now.

Carry on!

08-31-2006 at 10:00 PM
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
So when's this actually happening?

By the way, "it's" (possessive) shouldn't have an apostrophe.

09-02-2006 at 09:58 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Within the next week or two, assuming my procrastion skills don't catch up with me.

Edit: It should be okay the way it is. As a contraction, it says "it is supposed to be", which sounds correct to me. Then again, what do I know?

[Last edited by gamer_extreme_101 at 09-02-2006 10:01 PM]
09-02-2006 at 09:59 PM
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
...as in: "I figured that it was about time that it received it's own page".

I was referring to your Life in the Basement post, rather than your reply to Chaco (which as you say is fine). I should've just given the context in the first place. But, yeah, not a big deal.

09-02-2006 at 10:45 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : All Dressed up with Nowhere to Go. (Site Update for August 29, 2006.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com