Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Revive Token
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
TheEpickz98
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 29
IP: Logged
icon Revive Token (+2)  
Okay, please I am really bad at spelling in honestly do not think of this post as bad, But my idea is a Revive Token. Once Beethro steps onto the Token, He well be able to die once, once that happens Beethro will be moved back to the token, while the monsters and other game elements are at their original position (They are not reset if that makes more sense.)

Thank you, tell me what you think! :)

[Last edited by TheEpickz98 at 05-30-2014 09:45 AM]
05-30-2014 at 09:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Revive Token (0)  
I actually really like the idea and I think it has puzzle potential!

05-30-2014 at 10:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
TheEpickz98
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 29
The idea has been in the back of my head for quite some time now, and from today I finally put it forth, It might of been better if I said something before TSS went into beta testing. However the next drod, (Which i am guessing is aimed around 2017 - 2018) might spark the idea.
05-30-2014 at 11:17 AM
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1911
It sounds very interesting.
I wonder what happens if something is covering the token when the player revives. I imagine a monster in that space would simply be killed.
05-30-2014 at 12:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
larrymurk wrote:
I wonder what happens if something is covering the token when the player revives. I imagine a monster in that space would simply be killed.
[joking]Beethro should reincarnate as that monster![/joking]

05-30-2014 at 12:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3407
larrymurk wrote:
If the player can kill by body bump (e.g. Beethro with power token), the monster dies. Otherwise, the player dies (again).

05-30-2014 at 06:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
Beethro with power token can kill with his body??
Pretty sure that is not the case.

05-30-2014 at 07:28 PM
Zaratustra00
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 107
Interesting. I would only suggest that it works like a mimic potion - the player gets to spawn a 'unliving' copy that becomes alive once they die.
05-30-2014 at 11:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3407
Jacob wrote:
Beethro with power token can kill with his body??
Pretty sure that is not the case.
Oh, I guess he can't. And here it seemed so elegant a mechanic.

05-30-2014 at 11:35 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
Now I'm thinking we need to have a player role that is able to "punch" enemies to death by bumping into them.

But rerailing the thread, I do like the idea! :)

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

06-03-2014 at 12:16 PM
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
Jeff_Ray... wrote:
Now I'm thinking we need to have a player role that is able to "punch" enemies to death by bumping into them.

Jeff, we do have the slayer.
You could probably just disarm his hook and you'd have a character that would kill things by bumping.
06-03-2014 at 02:56 PM
Moo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 224
larrymurk wrote:
That might be too "powerful", and get in the way of being able to make interesting puzzles with it (they'd end up being get-awkward-monster-onto-token-space-then-die)... There would also be problems with serpents and other things that cover more than one space.
Perhaps more interesting would be if you remained dead if you die when the token space is covered. This would allow puzzles such as preventing tar or babies, or even just roaches on the other side of a wall, from getting in the way.
06-03-2014 at 03:10 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
larrymurk wrote:
Jeff_Ray... wrote:

Jeff, we do have the slayer.
You could probably just disarm his hook and you'd have a character that would kill things by bumping.

The Slayer kills enemies by stepping on them. I mean bumping into the enemy like an obstacle, except it kills the monster. :P

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

06-08-2014 at 02:08 AM
skell
I don't see this token being implemented as-is, but with something like this it could be possible to script something similar.

11-04-2020 at 03:55 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Revive Token
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com