Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : DROD Survivor 2 (We have a winner! Read the final vote!)
Page 1 of 26
2345>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
RoboBob3000
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1978
IP: Logged
icon DROD Survivor 2 (+30)  
Game complete! Read the Final Tribal Council at http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=28109&page=24#285004

Rules can be found here and here. 14-player revision here.

Challenges
Click here to view the secret text

Tribal Councils

Players/Time Zones (difference from GMT)

noma -5 (Sole Survivor)
TripleM +13 (Runner-up)
Dex Stewart +1(Runner-up)
kie +13 (Voted out, Round 11, 7th Juror)
Maurog +2 (Voted out, Round 10, 6th Juror)
larrymurk -5 (Voted out, Round 9, 5th Juror)
mxvladi +3 (Voted out, Round 8, lost jury seat to 12th Archivist)
VIPCOOL 0 (Voted out, Round 7, 3rd Juror)
Dischorran -5 (Voted out, Round 6, 2nd Juror)
Someone Else -7 (Voted out, Round 5, 1st Juror)
12th Archivist -7 (Voted out, Round 4, 4th Juror)
zwetschenwasser -5 (Voted out, Round 3)
Snacko -5 (Voted out, Round 2)
Pinnacle -5 (Voted out, Round 1)
CuriousShyRabbit -8 (Quit, Round 1)
Lamkin -7 (Quit, Round 1)

Original Post:

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 05-20-2009 06:51 PM]
01-19-2009 at 09:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
icon Re: DROD Survivor 2 (0)  
Sure, sign me up please :)
01-19-2009 at 11:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
I'll play too.
01-19-2009 at 11:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Snacko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 448
*raises hand cautiously*

01-20-2009 at 12:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
*raises hand cautiously while screaming and shouting something about shrimp pie*

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
01-20-2009 at 12:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kie
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 221
I would like to take part

01-20-2009 at 12:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
I'm tentatively interested in trying this.

I looked through the old survivor thread and noticed some players had issues with challenges that depended on the timing of forum posts. This would be an issue for me too, as I have to start teaching again tomorrow. Depending on when the challenges are posted, it may take me more than 12 hours to respond. If that won't make my team instantly lose, then count me in.

GMT -8
01-20-2009 at 12:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
CuriousShyRabbit wrote:
I'm tentatively interested in trying this.

I looked through the old survivor thread and noticed some players had issues with challenges that depended on the timing of forum posts. This would be an issue for me too, as I have to start teaching again tomorrow. Depending on when the challenges are posted, it may take me more than 12 hours to respond. If that won't make my team instantly lose, then count me in.

GMT -8
I am making it a point to design challenges such that timing does not factor in to the outcome. There will be exceptions here and there, but I will try to keep the impact of time at a minimum.

01-20-2009 at 01:06 AM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
Whew, just gotten back from holiday, lucky I didn't miss this.

Count me in.

GMT +12

[Last edited by TripleM at 01-20-2009 02:01 AM]
01-20-2009 at 02:01 AM
noma
Rank Points: 1594
Why not? I'm in.
GMT -5

[Last edited by noma at 01-20-2009 12:37 PM]
01-20-2009 at 03:53 AM
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
I guess we can try that again.

GMT +2

01-20-2009 at 09:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Rank Points: 355
I'll play too.

GMT +1
01-20-2009 at 09:59 AM
mxvladi
Rank Points: 2505
I'm in, too.

GMT +3

[Last edited by mxvladi at 01-20-2009 03:55 PM]
01-20-2009 at 03:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Rank Points: 1129
Sure, why not?
GMT -5

01-20-2009 at 04:28 PM
zwetschenwasser
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 200
I'll play. I'm in Florida, whatever time zone that is... :~(

01-20-2009 at 11:05 PM
Snacko
Rank Points: 448
I'm in DC, and today has been a true experience.

[Last edited by Snacko at 01-21-2009 01:18 AM]
01-21-2009 at 12:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Lamkin
Rank Points: 606
Snacko wrote:
I'm in DC, and today has been a true experience.
Very cool. :)
zwetschenwasser wrote:
I'm in Florida, whatever time zone that is...
Most likely -5 GMT, as only a small portion of western Florida is -6 GMT.

I'd like to play as well. I'm in Colorado Springs, so I'm at -7 GMT.

[Last edited by Lamkin at 01-28-2009 10:22 PM]
01-21-2009 at 03:59 AM
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3408
I'm in it to win it. Go team GMT -5!

[Last edited by Dischorran at 01-21-2009 06:09 AM]
01-21-2009 at 06:05 AM
RoboBob3000
Than makes 16 players, which should be a good amount. I'm going to wait a little while longer to see if anybody else is interested or if anybody is going to drop out. This is going to be a long game, likely a minimum of two months. It won't require constant attention, but I will be strict with the voting deadlines so that things don't go too slowly.

In two days or so, we'll start our setup.

larrymurk -5
Someone Else -7
Snacko -5
12th Archivist -7
kie +13
CuriousShyRabbit -8
TripleM +12
noma -5
Maurog +2
Dex Stewart +1
mxvladi +3
Pinnacle -5
VIPCOOL 0
zwetschenwasser -5
Lamkin -7
Dischorran -5

01-21-2009 at 05:40 PM
TripleM
I just realised I am +13 like kie, due to daylight savings. If that matters much.
01-22-2009 at 12:15 AM
RoboBob3000
TripleM wrote:
I just realised I am +13 like kie, due to daylight savings. If that matters much.
It doesn't really matter. I just thought it would be useful information for everybody to know generally where and when everybody was.

01-22-2009 at 01:04 AM
RoboBob3000
It sounds like we've got our 16 players! I'll ask that each one of you send me a confirmation PM. As soon as I have that from everybody, we'll start our team selection process and I'll post the official rules.

01-23-2009 at 06:54 PM
RoboBob3000
Waiting on one more.

01-26-2009 at 05:25 PM
RoboBob3000
This is the full rule set that we will be playing with for the game. I am posting it here and setting it to be revealed one year from now. The game will certainly be over by then by a long shot, even if we hit some huge delay. I will leave this post unedited so that you know I don’t change the rules partway through the game. Upon completion of the game, I will repost these rules for all to see. When the content of this post is revealed, it will confirm that my rules have gone unchanged.

Game format:
16 players. Players will choose their own tribes. The two players with the oldest user accounts will be selected as the captains of the two tribes. The captain with the oldest account chooses first (this is for Tribe 1), and then the other captain will choose (for Tribe 2). Player selections alternate between the two tribes. The current selection is given to the player previously chosen on the current tribe. This continues until there are two tribes of eight.
Tribal challenges continue for three rounds. After each challenge, the losing tribe votes off one member of their tribe.
When there are 13 players remaining, I will instruct each player to choose a number between 1 and 13. Players will then reorganize themselves into new tribes based on the numbers they chose.
New tribe 1: 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, 10
New tribe 2: 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13
Tribal challenges will continue for three more rounds. This will bring the player total to 10. At this point, the two tribes will merge into one and all challenges will be for individual immunity.
Every player voted out from this point onward will make up the jury. After seven more are voted out and join the jury, the jury will hold a final vote for the winner with three players remaining.
The auction challenge will be held with 12 players remaining. This challenge contains an optional tribal swap for one player, and a single-use non-transferrable individual immunity for one player. The challenge will explain the rules regarding these items.

Voting: In the event that a player fails to cast a vote in the time allotted, he or she will lose his voting privilege for that round. If a player skips three votes during the game, they will be automatically removed. If a player quits or is removed from the game and it disrupts the timing of game events (the swap, the merge), then the game event will activate before the removal of the player is taken into account. Players who quit or are removed from the game will also be removed from the jury. Their jury seat will be filled by last player voted out before the merge.
In the event of a voting tie, all players will revote. In the revote, players can only cast votes for the players that had been tied. If after the revote there is still a tie, there will be a 24 hour tiebreaking period. As soon as one person publicly announces that they are changing their vote, that vote will be cast as the deciding vote. Only the first person to change their vote will be counted. If any player on the voting tribe posts during the 24 hour window and subsequently edits the post for any reason, that player will be the one voted out. If multiple people commit this infraction, the player with the earliest original timestamp on their post will be the one voted out.
If after 24 hours nobody breaks the tie, a player will be eliminated by random draw. The players who had been tied will be immune to this draw.
(Note: If a revote reduces the number of tied players, for example, from three to two, then another revote will be held in the same manner as the first revote, with players only allowed to cast votes for those currently tied.)
For the final vote, there will be seven votes cast among three finalists. In the event of a tie for the winner, the third place player will cast an eighth, deciding jury vote.
And if things manage to fall apart after all of that, then dang it, I’m improvising.

01-26-2009 at 11:05 PM
RoboBob3000
icon Re: DROD Survivor 2 (+1)  
I have now received everybody’s confirmation. This game will have 16 players. Congratulations – the game is on!

This is the part where I break into Survivor lingo. If at any point during the game you catch me using a phrase that I’ve left undefined, call me out on it and I’ll set you straight.

First term: We’re going to start the game by separating you into two tribes (that is, two teams). We’re going to do a schoolyard pick. Our two captains will be the tribal elders – the two players with the oldest registered forum accounts.

TripleM, you are the captain of the Tar Technicians.

Pinnacle, you are the captain of the Mud Coordinators.

Since TripleM has the oldest account, he will get the first pick of any of the 14 remaining players to join his tribe. Then Pinnacle will get to make a choice. Then the first player chosen for the Tar Technicians makes the next pick, followed by the first player chosen for the Mud Coordinators. This continues until the two tribes of eight are formed. Everybody except for the last two players chosen will get to make a pick.

All picks will be made publicly in this thread.

Once the tribes are decided, we will be ready for our first immunity challenge! The first challenge will require one representative from each tribe to send your submission PMs, so deciding on this representative will be your first task. Once the representatives are chosen, I will post the challenge. The challenge will not be time sensitive.

Here’s a quick synopsis of the rules of Survivor. I am willing to answer questions, but there are some elements of our particular rule set that I cannot give away, especially regarding when particular game events will occur.

Overview

Voting

Game Events

Endgame

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 01-27-2009 12:43 AM]
01-26-2009 at 11:10 PM
TripleM
Tar Technicians: Maurog
01-27-2009 at 12:26 AM
Pinnacle
Rank Points: 1129
Mud Coordinators: CSR.

01-27-2009 at 01:04 AM
RoboBob3000
It is now Maurog's pick, followed by CSR. Player list in first post.

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 01-27-2009 01:20 AM]
01-27-2009 at 01:19 AM
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
I pick noma. Join the Tar side!

01-27-2009 at 08:29 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
I'd like to welcome Dischorran to the Mud Coordinator team.
01-27-2009 at 09:36 AM
Page 1 of 26
2345>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : DROD Survivor 2 (We have a winner! Read the final vote!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com