Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : DROD Survivor 2 (We have a winner! Read the final vote!)
<<9101112
Page 13 of 26
14151617>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
IP: Logged
icon Re: DROD Survivor 2 (0)  
By the way people, even though I'm very closely observing this game, I will not tell if and when I see any posts that violate the criteria for a bonus the author intended to get. I'm sure I'll feel like I'm bottling something up (after all, I was actually kicked out of karate (no pun intended) when I was 8 because I cried when the other kids didn't follow the rules)... but for obvious reasons, I really can't say anything.

That said, I'll still gladly share my thoughts about such a post if its author (or another player) brings it up first.
Well, that's assuming nobody else beats me to it.

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 03-19-2009 01:05 AM]
03-19-2009 at 12:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dischorran
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3406
If you'd like to comment on my editing of my General board post (as in "oh crap there's a 'the' in there"), go right ahead. That seems to be what you're going after here, which in turn suggests that my reading of the rules/spirit of the contest isn't the same as what others are reading.

03-19-2009 at 01:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
If it helps clear anything up, I'm copying your posts to my computer the moment I see them. That is the content I will be judging against.

This means that you might sneak an edit in or you might delete something before I see it. That's fine. But correct your mistakes quickly before I see them or I might etch them in stone.

03-19-2009 at 01:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
No, I actually believe editing out a violation is acceptable, as it's the end result that counts. I don't know for sure though. Any official answer, Robobob3000?

I was glad to see that "the" disappear.

EDIT: Post collision.
Oh, bummer. So you might have lost that goal there, and it looks like it's also too late for the posts I am actually worried about. But I still won't tell what posts they are or what rules I think were broken because I don't want to end up advising other players.

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 03-21-2009 09:48 PM : A little fix-up]
03-19-2009 at 01:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
noma
Rank Points: 1594
icon Re: DROD Survivor 2 (+2)  
I'm going to make an observation and a suggestion : if we continue to try and block each other from getting our "Oh yeah" task, the rest of the forum is going to most likely get really really annoyed, as well as the fact that it creates loads of extra work for each of us in watching threads and making posts. So my suggestion is to just work together on this (Sorry RoboBob3000) and not worry about posting after each other. Then it will become a zero sum situation. Any opposed?
03-19-2009 at 05:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dischorran
At the risk of sounding like I'm collaborating with the opposition, I'm inclined to agree.

Why?

"Player Dischorran bids 31 greckles on lot 'Oh Yeah!'"

That's why.

03-19-2009 at 05:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Holy crap! You guys are playing hardball!

What have I done?

:fear

03-19-2009 at 05:27 PM
noma
The FoS points to you!

And I'm so sorry for posting in that thread. Should have read zwet's rules before I messed it up. And ouch, I got -5'd on that general post. I don't think I've ever been modded down. Some people just have no patience. sheesh. :D
03-19-2009 at 05:31 PM
RoboBob3000
I'll make a proposal. If I get a majority vote (6 of the 11 players, TripleM included), I'll change the duration of this game from 5 days to 3 days. Please post in this thread if you would like to do that.

03-19-2009 at 05:35 PM
Dischorran
RoboBob3000 wrote:
I'll make a proposal. If I get a majority vote (6 of the 11 players, TripleM included), I'll change the duration of this game from 5 days to 3 days. Please post in this thread if you would like to do that.
Postpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpost

03-19-2009 at 05:36 PM
noma
Post. With an "e".
03-19-2009 at 05:38 PM
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1908
fine by me.
03-19-2009 at 06:06 PM
kie
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 221
posted eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

03-19-2009 at 07:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1299
Okay I`ll post.
03-19-2009 at 08:15 PM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: DROD Survivor 2 (+5)  
I'd like to vote that it gets changed to ONE day, or it's as many days as you want, but contained to this thread.

03-19-2009 at 08:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
noma
Really Schik? :? Maybe because I'm involved I'm not seeing it with objective eyes, but I don't think it's that disruptive and where's the harm? Honestly, if it were me watching/reading, I think I'd find most of it amusing. And I, for one, will be deleting all of my task posts once this is over, so it will be like we were never here.
03-19-2009 at 08:29 PM
kie
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 221
He probably reads the forum via e-mail, in which case it would be super annoying!

03-19-2009 at 08:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
A few things I'm getting from this:

1. This challenge is proving to be wildly unpopular. That was to be expected.
2. This challenge is quickly getting out of hand. I underestimated how much some of you would be willing to act like bozos.
3. There's quite a bit of sentiment to shorten the duration of this challenge, from both the players and forum community.

So I'll step in with my judgement call, regardless of how this might affect the outcome of the challenge: Effective immediately, there are only 24 hours remaining in this challenge. All tasks that required five successes now only require three. This includes tl;dr, bustd kyboard, and no punctuation.

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 03-19-2009 09:06 PM]
03-19-2009 at 09:05 PM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
I very rarely visit this board, so I had no idea what was going on.. there were just suddenly lots of posts with just ":fear" in them, and lots of people not using capitalization or punctuation in all kinds of places.

Confusing? Yeah. Annoying? Yeah. There's no official admin smackdown yet, but in general "Hey, please go spam all the boards that aren't about forum games" is generally frowned upon.

Edit: And ninja'd by RoboBob, who clearly knows all this and just didn't expect it to be this bad.

[Last edited by Schik at 03-19-2009 09:07 PM]
03-19-2009 at 09:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
And I should add that I'm not trying to deflect blame to the players for this - this "event" is entirely my fault and I apologize. I was just hoping that we could get the forum to laugh at itself a bit. In hindsight, there are definatly major alterations I would make to how this was run.

In the end, if we added to the net goofiness of the forum without any feelings getting hurt, then I would say that's a good thing. Certainly people will beg to differ, but I hope we can just consider this to be a brief WTF moment for the community and move on.

03-19-2009 at 09:21 PM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
Schik wrote:
.. there were just suddenly lots of posts with just ":fear" in them ..

You must admit, those posts *were* funny :D
03-20-2009 at 04:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The spitemaster
Rank Points: 354
I think that it is grat. Also

RoboBob3000 wrote:
And I should add that I'm not trying to dflct blam to th playrs for this - this "vnt" is ntirly my fault and I apologiz. I was just hoping that w could gt th forum to laugh at itslf a bit. In hindsight, there are dfinatly major altrations I would mak to how this was run.

In th nd, if w addd to the nt goofinss of the forum without any flings gtting hurt, thn I would say that's a good thing. Crtainly popl will bg to diffr, but I hop w can just considr this to b a brif WTF momnt for the community and move on.

:fear

I wish that man would stay away
03-20-2009 at 04:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Wait, so you got Schik to agree to halve volunteers' rank points without really telling him anything about the challenge?

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 03-20-2009 04:28 AM]
03-20-2009 at 04:28 AM
The spitemaster
Rank Points: 354
icon Re: DROD Survivor 2 (+1)  
I was disappointed that my suggestion for a sig was too little too late.(At least it would be too late after I post this) To boost everyone's enjoyment here is the sig:
Click here to view the secret text

I wish that man would stay away
03-20-2009 at 04:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Kwakstur wrote:
Wait, so you got Schik to agree to halve volunteers' rank points without really telling him anything about the challenge?
I gave him the details of the task and of his role only, not the whole challenge.

03-20-2009 at 05:05 PM
RoboBob3000
This challenge is now over. I have all the data I need, so I'm going to start tabulating results.

You guys can start cleaning up your mess. If you're going to delete posts, make sure that doing so doesn't take future posts out of context. Don't forget to correct your birthdates!

03-20-2009 at 09:32 PM
Dischorran
The "what is going on" topic totally needs to stay put.

03-20-2009 at 09:39 PM
RoboBob3000
Here is the score breakdown for the fourth challenge. Scores were tallied against the data I have collected and are final. FINAL. If you have a dispute about how you were scored let me know and I'll show you how I came to my conclusion.

Again, I'll opt for the low-drama reveal.

Final Score

And one more thing...

That's all! We all came out of this mostly unscathed, right? Right?

Votes are due in 48 hours.

03-20-2009 at 10:13 PM
Dischorran
Wow. Go kie and Someone Else!

(But mostly Someone Else :D)

03-20-2009 at 10:25 PM
noma
I just wanted to congratulate RoboBob3000 on a really creative challenge. Regardless of the forum fallout, I actually found it kind of fun in a weird way.
03-21-2009 at 01:45 PM
<<9101112
Page 13 of 26
14151617>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : DROD Survivor 2 (We have a winner! Read the final vote!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com