Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : DROD Survivor 2 (We have a winner! Read the final vote!)
<<13141516
Page 17 of 26
18192021>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
RoboBob3000
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1978
IP: Logged
icon Re: DROD Survivor 2 (0)  
Okay, I'm reinstating the 24-hour limit for this throw starting now.

04-13-2009 at 06:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Match 5: noma vs TripleM
Throw 1: noma wins (S vs P)
Throw 2:
Throw 3:

Match 6: kie vs larrymurk
Throw 1: Draw (R vs R)
Throw 2:
Throw 3:

larrymurk: RR SSS
kie: R P SSS
noma: RR P SS
Triplem: RR PP S

You have 24 hours to submit Round 2 Throw 2.

04-14-2009 at 12:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Match 5: noma vs TripleM
Throw 1: noma wins (S vs P)
Throw 2: noma wins (P vs R)
Throw 3:

Match 6: kie vs larrymurk
Throw 1: Draw (R vs R)
Throw 2: kie wins (P vs R)
Throw 3:

larrymurk: R SSS
kie: R SSS
noma: RR SS

Noma has won Match 5. She still has to submit a third throw. You have 24 hours to submit Round 2 Throw 3.

04-14-2009 at 04:52 PM
RoboBob3000
Noma sent me this PM:
noma wrote:
I throw Scissors. And that nets me the win in the next match.

I will face either R SS or SSS at the start of the next match. I have RR S. If my opponent has SSS, I win no matter how I play. If I am faced with R SS, I will play S first and either tie or lose.

In scenario 1, my opponent plays R, I play S: I lose. Next round, my opponent starts with SS, I have RR. I win the next two rounds. Match won.

In scenario 2, my opponent plays S, I play S: we tie. Next round, he has RS, I have RR. One of the next two rounds we will tie, one I will win. Either way, I will have won the match.
Noma's analysis is correct and she has clinched victory. Congratulations on your immunity win!

You all have 48 hours to submit your votes.

Full results:
Click here to view the secret text

04-14-2009 at 09:16 PM
RoboBob3000
Tribal Council #7

After this vote only seven of you will remain. It's time to start planning out your endgame.

First vote...

Challenge #8 posted next.

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 04-17-2009 12:29 AM]
04-16-2009 at 09:25 PM
RoboBob3000

File: Challenge 8.hold (706 bytes)
Downloaded 51 times.
License: Public Domain
Challenge 8: Spawning

You guys should know a thing or two about tarstuff. After all, every single one of you used to work very closely with the tarstuff you had pleged allegiance to, and that was well before you merged together into a goopy gelatenous mass. This challenge will test exactly how skilled you are in manipulating tarstuff.

This is a DROD:TCB architecture challenge. Attached to this post is a template that you will all be working from. Your goal is to design the room such that you maximize the number of tar/mud/gel babies within the room after the 10th spawn cycle (that is, after the 300th move). The room with the most living babies after move 300 will win its architect immunity.

There are a few restrictions:

1. The template has Beethro walled in in the lower-left corner of the room. Do not alter this 2X2 area in any way. When I test your room, I'm simply going to wait for 300 moves so Beethro won't affect the room apart from attracting monsters.
2. There is only one required inclusion in your room: You need to include a 2x2 blob of tarstuff somewhere in your room. There will be a mother on this blob - it can be one eye or two eyes, and all eyes must reside on the blob. You can choose any one of the three types of tarstuff.
3. You can use any features of the editor except for the following:
-No characters/scripting
-No additional tarstuff/babies/mothers can be added apart from the 2x2 blob specified above.

You have 5 days from the time of this post to email me (email removed) your submissions. I will only accept your first submission. If there is a tie, then the player who sent their submission in first will win the tie.

That's it! Good luck! If you have any questions or need any clarification, please ask soon in this thread. I will be out of town for the weekend, so I'd like to clarify things quickly.

(Note: I don't have the file for the template room on hand at the moment. Will post it tonight. Here's the rundown: Beethro is in the lowerleftmost corner and three wall tiles box him in. You cannot add anything else to those four tiles, but everything else is fair game.)

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 04-22-2009 11:03 PM]
04-16-2009 at 09:29 PM
RoboBob3000
Also: Don't let anybody intimidate you out of submitting your hold. You saw how Challenge #6 went. You have no idea how successful other players are going to be. Even if you feel like your submission is terrible, submit. With so few players left in the game, there's no reason not to.

04-16-2009 at 09:36 PM
noma
Rank Points: 1594
Gr-reat. Just when I've got company coming. And oh yeah. Never built anything. Oh well. I always meant to give it a go.
04-16-2009 at 11:34 PM
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
So the only tarstuff that can start out in the room is a single 2x2 blob with eyes?

At first I thought you could start with as much tarstuff as you want as long as the eyes were in a separate 2x2 blob. I was about to ask if this meant you couldn't mix types, but then I finally noticed the second bullet of #3...

04-17-2009 at 02:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Kwakstur wrote:
So the only tarstuff that can start out in the room is a single 2x2 blob with eyes?
Correct. You need to grow the tarstuff and also find some way to farm it.

Also, the template is now attached to the challenge post.

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 04-17-2009 02:20 AM]
04-17-2009 at 02:18 AM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
noma wrote:
And oh yeah. Never built anything. Oh well. I always meant to give it a go.

We're even in that aspect ;) This will be quite fun..
04-17-2009 at 02:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
kie
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 221
TripleM wrote:
noma wrote:
And oh yeah. Never built anything. Oh well. I always meant to give it a go.

We're even in that aspect ;) This will be quite fun..

That makes three of us! Dunno about the fun bit tho! :unsure

04-17-2009 at 02:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
I'm probably just lazy, but is there any simple way of getting a monster count in the room? Or should I be counting manually? I know one of the F buttons is a move count, and I vaguely remember there was a way.. but I'm probably wrong.
04-17-2009 at 07:03 AM
noma
There might be an easier way, but the one I found was right-clicking on a baby which shows you which "number" monster you're clicking. Right click on the generated babies until you find some higher numbered ones, and then you'll figure out where the "last" one gets generated. Also, in case you didn't know, by hitting F5 in the editor, you can play test the room without having to go back to the regular menu. Just hit F5, click the spot where Beethro already is as your starting position and start "waiting." ESC takes you back to edit mode.

(One last piece of advice: don't create and submit your room after killing a couple of bottles of wine with friends. :P )
04-17-2009 at 11:25 AM
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
Not to talk any smack, but I can make over 100 babies!
04-17-2009 at 04:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
For the players who aren't familiar with the editor, here's some stuff you may need to know.

Yes, as Noma found, you can use F5 to start playing the hold from any room and from any position, right from the editor. This is called "playtesting," and is a very useful tool when editing.

Other important things to note:

As you will notice right when you start editing, most stuff is placed with a rectangle tool. Even orbs, oddly enough. (If you want to move an orb after placing it, you have to copy and paste it (see below).)

The roach above the Monsters tab reflects the direction you're about to place something. You can rotate this with Q and W or with the mousewheel.

Q/W/Mousewheel also let you select the other types of tokens, orbs (normal/cracked), Pressure Plates (1-time, multi, on/off), obstacles, and Tunnels, as well as light/relay station colors and darkness intensity. You must select the object in the editor for Q/W/mousewheel to change it. You can also scroll through tunnels, orbs, and PPs by clicking the object repeatedly. Lights, darkness, tokens and relay stations bring up a neat selector panel on your second click.

You can affect an orb/PP's toggles by clicking on the orb then on the doors. You can also do it the other way; click on the door then click the orbs & PPs that affect it. Pay attention to the colors. If you hold your mouse in one spot, a key will pop up.

You can copy a selection by using a rectangle tool (which most things are), dragging an area as if you're about to place something, but pressing Ctrl+C before you let go of the mouse button. Of course, pasting is done with Ctrl+V.

Clicking a bomb in the editor shows the true shape of the explosion, and includes all other bombs that will blow up as part of the chain. Similarly, clicking an Evil Eye shows the laser sight for all Evil Eyes. The editor also shades Secret Walls and gives them a distinct graphic so you can see them.

Often if the game won't let you place something on something else, as long as the two things aren't on the same layer, you can try placing them in reverse order. For instance, you can't build a scroll on top of a wall, but you can build a wall under a scroll. Another example is obstacles and Seeps. It will highlight such instances in red as errors, but most of the time they are functionally sound.

Don't even try placing Ortho Squares and Arrows on the same square. It won't work. They're on the same layer.

To place a snake, first click where you want its head to go. Then click where you want each successive joint to be. To end the snake somewhere, click twice. If you want to change the shape of it after making it, you have to edit the snake and click on each joint in reverse order to undo it up to the point you want to change.

Something you don't have to worry about for this challenge: You can only have one Halph, young or old. You can only have one 39th Slayer (but generic Slayers are unlimited). If you place Halph or a Slayer at a level border, the tile will be shaded orange or purple and it will become a Halph/Slayer entry tile (note that you are allowed to have multiple entry tiles even for 39th Slayer and Halph). If the player enters the room from that tile, Halph or a Slayer will appear on the tile on turn 5 (or later multiples thereof if the player is standing too close for one to appear).

Boy, I love making long posts.

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 04-19-2009 02:17 AM]
04-17-2009 at 04:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
A little more than a day remains for this challenge and I'm still waiting on a couple of submissions. If you won't be submitting anything for this challenge, please let me know as that might help speed things up.

04-20-2009 at 07:11 PM
RoboBob3000
Time is up. Let's see who won.

Votes are due in 48 hours. You can vote for anybody except the challenge winner. I'll give you all the exact scores and post all the rooms later this evening. I'm away from my DROD computer right now.

Special note to mxvladi: You have missed two votes already in the game. Miss a third and I'm kicking you out.

04-21-2009 at 10:07 PM
noma
A question: if someone other than mxvladi gets a majority of votes, and mxvladi doesn't submit a vote, are they both out of the game or will the person who received the most votes get a reprieve?
04-22-2009 at 12:03 AM
RoboBob3000
noma wrote:
A question: if someone other than mxvladi gets a majority of votes, and mxvladi doesn't submit a vote, are they both out of the game or will the person who received the most votes get a reprieve?
Good question. In that scenario I will remove both players. Granting a reprieve would essentially render the previous challenge moot.

04-22-2009 at 12:07 AM
RoboBob3000

File: Challenge #8.zip (6.5 KB)
Downloaded 53 times.
License: Public Domain
Attached are all of the submissions for Challenge #8.

04-22-2009 at 04:59 AM
TripleM
Wow.. everyone sure did go for a different approach. Well done to the winner.

[Last edited by TripleM at 04-22-2009 05:47 AM]
04-22-2009 at 05:46 AM
RoboBob3000
Tribal Council #8

We're inching ever closer to the end of the game. After this vote, only six players will remain. Who do you think you think you could beat in the final vote for the winner?

Seven votes to read. First vote...

For those remaining, can you work out a reasonable time for me to post the challenge? The challenge is slightly time-sensitive, but it won't be a race to complete anything nor will it require a huge amount of effort. It just might be advantageous for you to read it soon after it is posted.

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 04-23-2009 10:14 PM]
04-23-2009 at 10:10 PM
noma
I'm GMT -5. Good times for me: tonight (2300 GMT until 0400 GMT Friday); Friday 2000 GMT to Saturday 0500 GMT; or Saturday 1400GMT to 0500 GMT Sunday.
04-23-2009 at 10:23 PM
TripleM
Most times between 0000 GMT to 1200 GMT in the next few days should be ok with me.
04-23-2009 at 11:08 PM
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
Whatever.. I never sleep.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
04-23-2009 at 11:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kie
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 221
TripleM wrote:
Most times between 0000 GMT to 1200 GMT in the next few days should be ok with me.

What he said...

04-24-2009 at 12:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Hmm, this might be tricky to schedule. Between the six of you, we've got three distinct timezone groupings.

TripleM +13
kie +13

noma -5
larrymurk -5

Maurog +2
Dex Stewart +1

What does everybody think of around 2000-2200 GMT Fri? It's sort of a compromise/prediction. Participation for this challenge will be quick - make a simple post and then you won't have to check up again for a couple hours.

04-24-2009 at 02:19 AM
TripleM
I can be here from 2100 - 2145 or so, then I'll be out for a couple of hours.
04-24-2009 at 02:25 AM
noma
Good for me.
04-24-2009 at 02:51 AM
<<13141516
Page 17 of 26
18192021>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : DROD Survivor 2 (We have a winner! Read the final vote!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com