Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : DROD Survivor 2 (We have a winner! Read the final vote!)
<<891011
Page 12 of 26
13141516>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
noma
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1594
IP: Logged
icon Re: DROD Survivor 2 (0)  
Sorry zwetschenwasser. :(
03-13-2009 at 10:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Also, before I post the challenge, I'll need one member of the Tar Technicians to sit out. Since noma and Maurog sat out last time, they cannot sit out this time. That means you need to choose between TripleM, 12th Archivist, kie, and mxvladi.

The upcoming challenge is named Distasteful.

03-13-2009 at 11:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
I will sit out.
03-14-2009 at 12:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Sounds good.

I'm going to be a little bit late with this challenge. It'll be up tomorrow.

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 03-14-2009 07:28 AM]
03-14-2009 at 07:28 AM
RoboBob3000
icon Re: DROD Survivor 2 (+1)  
Challenge #4: Distasteful

TripleM will not participate in this challenge.

Every so often on Survivor, the producers will hold a challenge that asks the contestants to eat disgusting things. You know, stuff like exotic bugs and animals, sometimes raw, sometimes still squirming. The tribe that does a better job of keeping their food down wins immunity.

I looked into it, and the cost of shipping cockroaches and grubs to all corners of the world for you guys was just a little beyond my budget. Don’t worry – I have a plan B.

I’ve established a list of individual tasks that I believe you’ll find somewhat distasteful. Each task is scored (all-or-none) for each player that attempts it, and each task is worth a different amount of points. The tribe with the most points at the end wins immunity! In the event of a tie, I will award victory to the tribe with more players opting-in to the "Cut in Half" task. If still tied, I will invite an impartial judge to choose a winner based on style.

No posts in this thread will count towards the challenge. This thread will be your one haven in which you can ask questions and behave respectfully. All PMs will also be exempt form these restrictions.

Click here to view the secret text

Before we begin, I want each tribe to submit to me their proposed signatures/avatars for the other tribe to opt in to for the "For Sale" tasks. You can create a specific signature/avatar for each opponent, if you wish. Once I have those proposals, I will post them publicly. I'll then set a time for the challenge to start, giving you a window of time to update your profiles. The challenge will continue for five days.

If anybody watching the game has creative proposals for tasks, please PM me and I will consider them for inclusion.

I realize that there are a bunch of grey areas here, so please ask your questions. Apologies in advance to the forum community. The way I see it, I’m just making up for the DoOD’s lost time. Have fun!

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 03-17-2009 05:20 PM]
03-14-2009 at 11:03 PM
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3408
oh dear god

Do private beta boards count? For instance, you can't see mine, but there's a Tar team member who can and who could therefore bust me for using punctuation, etc.

03-14-2009 at 11:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Dischorran wrote:
Do private beta boards count?
Nope. If it's not somewhere where I can see it, I don't care about it. I don't have access to any active private boards, so you shouldn't have to worry.

03-14-2009 at 11:35 PM
noma
This sounds like a lot of fun (but distasteful, definitely distasteful.)

Can one post cover multiple tasks?
03-14-2009 at 11:36 PM
RoboBob3000
noma wrote:
Can one post cover multiple tasks?
Yes. Note that some of the tasks refer to "all of your posts" or "none of your posts".

03-14-2009 at 11:43 PM
RoboBob3000
I edited the challenge to add task "The Fear," inspired by a suggestion from Kwakstur.

03-15-2009 at 12:04 AM
noma
I'm guessing that signatures will not count for or against the tasks, right?
03-15-2009 at 12:51 AM
RoboBob3000
noma wrote:
I'm guessing that signatures will not count for or against the tasks, right?
Right. Except for the signature task.

03-15-2009 at 12:52 AM
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
RoboBob3000 wrote:
I edited the challenge to add task "The Fear," inspired by a suggestion from Kwakstur.
Wow, you really turned my suggestion upside down and inside out. And then cut it into four pieces, swapped two of them diagonally, flipped over the other two, and glued it back together.

But "The Fear" sounds cool. It will get some interesting reactions.

03-15-2009 at 01:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
noma
One more question: are you going to wait until you have the avatar/signature suggestions from both tribes before you post them?
03-15-2009 at 01:13 AM
RoboBob3000
noma wrote:
One more question: are you going to wait until you have the avatar/signature suggestions from both tribes before you post them?
Yes.

03-15-2009 at 01:42 AM
RoboBob3000
Regarding signatures and avatars: I reserve the right to veto any proposals you might have. If it bugs me too much, I'm going to axe it. Steer clear of sigs and avatars that purposefully occupy tons of space or require large downloads. I trust that you guys can be more creative than that.

03-15-2009 at 05:06 AM
RoboBob3000
Additionally: I've updated the "Oh, Yeah" task. It now requires two successes, not three.

03-15-2009 at 05:15 AM
RoboBob3000
I'm not seeing any signature/avatar designs. I'll give you another 24 hours to submit them. If I still don't get much, I'll go ahead and scrap those two tasks.

I've been thinking a bit and I want to impose one more small rule. Even though TripleM is sitting out, he can still technically influence the "Oh, Yeah" task. In order to guard against that, I'm going to declare his posts invisible when it comes to scoring that task.

03-16-2009 at 08:18 PM
RoboBob3000
Since I've only seen one submission so far (thank you, BTW, you know who you are), I'm going to scrap the signature/avatar portion of this challenge.

The challenge officially starts in 24 hours from the timestamp of this post. Enjoy your last day as regular people.

03-17-2009 at 05:20 PM
noma
Wait. Shouldn't those of us who want to opt in to the signature and/or avatar tasks be able to do so regardless of whether or not the other team prepares something? That was part of the task no?
03-18-2009 at 12:16 AM
RoboBob3000
Then I think judging of those tasks gets too goofy. This was partially my fault for being too vague. Would that mean that if one tribe posts no submissions and the other tribe doesn't change their signatures, would that second tribe score all of their points?

I'd rather not have to make weird calls like that, particularly if the majority of the players in the game didn't seem interested in creating content, which was the impression I got. My apologies to the one player who did go to the trouble to put some suggestions together. I owe you a beer.

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 03-18-2009 01:36 AM]
03-18-2009 at 01:35 AM
Dischorran
I wonder if part of the apparent lack of interest has to do with spring break for the students. I could chip in a pair of quality sigs for the Tar tribe to buy if we really need to get that part off the ground (and, well, one of those just came to me now), but I'm still waiting to hear back from most of my tribe.

03-18-2009 at 02:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Between needing to goad people into it and the trickiness of kicking it off and the trickinesss of judging whether or not someone accomplished the tasks, I'm think it's better to just push those two aside anyway. Comparatively, they represent a drop in the bucket of this challenge.

But I won't stop any of you from sharing your ideas with the other tribe or from actually putting them in your signatures/avatars in the spirit of the challenge. Might earn you style points. ;)

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 03-18-2009 02:28 AM]
03-18-2009 at 02:27 AM
RoboBob3000
For those keeping score, this challenge starts in about 10 minutes.

03-18-2009 at 05:12 PM
Dischorran
In that case, I'd like to encourage Maurog to replace his sig with:
---
:blowup

03-18-2009 at 06:03 PM
Dischorran
RoboBob3000 wrote:
Happy Birthday Team Bonus (up to 5pts) – You can score bonus points for accomplishing the Happy Birthday task simultaneously with your tribemates. Your bonus will equal the maximum number of your tribemates that I see apparently sharing the same birth date. For example, if I log on and see three of your names on the list, your bonus will be three points until you can exceed that maximum.
Are you counting the year/age or just the month and day?

03-18-2009 at 10:41 PM
RoboBob3000
The year and age doesn't matter at all.

03-18-2009 at 11:06 PM
TripleM
Dischorran's last two posts in this thread count towards all the tasks, right?
03-18-2009 at 11:35 PM
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
Read the challenge post more closely.

TripleM, I'm a frayed knot; this topic and PMs are safe.

And before Mud says anything about 12th Archivist capitalizing ADD in an otherwise lowercase post (which I have a feeling somebody might have brought up) happen, the punctuation challenge only says that each word must be all caps/all lowercase.

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 03-19-2009 12:00 AM]
03-18-2009 at 11:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
Oops. I skipped straight to the secret tag. Heh. Ignore me.
03-19-2009 at 12:17 AM
<<891011
Page 12 of 26
13141516>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : DROD Survivor 2 (We have a winner! Read the final vote!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com