Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : DROD Survivor 2 (We have a winner! Read the final vote!)
Page 5 of 26
6789>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
RoboBob3000
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1978
IP: Logged
icon Re: DROD Survivor 2 (0)  
Tar's selections are in. I'll work on tabulating the final results and have them ready for you this evening.

02-25-2009 at 11:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3407
8 PM GMT will find me awake, sure, but I can't very well shut everything down at work for this. Depending on what exactly the time commitments here are, I may be restricted to weekends only.

02-26-2009 at 12:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Time commitments are minimal for Challenge #3, but of course, I can't tell you how much time to spend strategizing.

This challenge will be influenced by players that jump out of the gate early, but the impact on the end result will be minimal.

If I post the rules in advance, that should give you some idea of what move you want to make first. All you will need to do at the start time is post your starting move (as an individual), but it is not necessary for everyone to start right when the pistol fires. This will make more sense when you see the rules.

02-26-2009 at 12:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Here are the final results for Challenge #2. I'll opt out of the slow dramatic reveal and give it to you all at once. I'll post the submitted images later this evening.

Tribe Scores:
Click here to view the secret text

Individual Scores:

Final Results:

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 02-26-2009 12:33 AM]
02-26-2009 at 12:31 AM
RoboBob3000
Wow, that was a lightning-fast turnaround on the votes. Nicely done!

Tribal Council #2

First vote...

02-26-2009 at 06:13 PM
noma
Rank Points: 1594
I'm angry at the challenge two results on my team. TripleM insane scores helped tar win even though everyone else's scores were average-low.
I take umbrage! *glove slap* :swordfight:

Nah, I can't really argue that one. Actually I could, but I won't bother. And hey, that's Survivor. Another challenge might find someone on your team who happens to excel crazily at whatever's required. (Go TripleM!)
02-26-2009 at 06:26 PM
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
Well, I did also get a score of 31k for Tontie which would have probably made us win that game (especially if the others would have all sent their scores), but I had already submitted, so I didn't send it in.

Also, with more practice, I believe I could have equalled TripleM's Winterbells score.

His Poom score really is insane though...

EDIT: On second thought, I couldn't have won Tontie for us, since my score was voided. The other players could have though.

[Last edited by Dex Stewart at 02-26-2009 07:00 PM]
02-26-2009 at 06:49 PM
noma
Tar Technicians, you will need to sit two players out of this challenge. You cannot sit the same player out of consecutive challenges, so 12th Archivist will be playing.
Question: can those who sit out still "shout out" advice from the sidelines as it were?

02-26-2009 at 06:50 PM
RoboBob3000
noma wrote:
Question: can those who sit out still "shout out" advice from the sidelines as it were?
I've got no problem with that.

02-26-2009 at 07:27 PM
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
If Mud can lose enough players, eventually Tar will have to sit everyone out and the competition will be a stalemate. What a tricky plan ...
02-26-2009 at 08:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000

File: Challenge#2.zip (6.1 MB)
Downloaded 41 times.
License: Public Domain
Here are the challenge #2 submissions.

02-27-2009 at 10:21 PM
noma
I will be one of the Tar players sitting out the next challenge.
02-28-2009 at 02:41 PM
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
I will be the second of the Tar players sitting out the next challenge.

02-28-2009 at 06:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Thank you - noma and Maurog will be sitting out.

Apologies for the delay. We'll be back up and running soon.

03-02-2009 at 06:53 AM
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
Been a while since I looked around here! This post is just to let you know I'm definitely confirming that I'm playing in the next round even though it was assumed before.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
03-02-2009 at 03:51 PM
RoboBob3000
icon Re: DROD Survivor 2 (+2)  
Challenge #3: Auction

For our third challenge, we will be auctioning off tribal immunity!

Well, not exactly. We’ll be playing an auction game, and the tribe that wins will take home immunity, but there are more opportunities at stake.

For starters, each player will receive 60 greckles. This is your personal bank from which you can make bids. There is no starting bid for any of our lots, nor are there any minimum bidding increments, however you cannot bid with fractions of greckles.

The majority of the items you will be bidding on are dice. At the end of the challenge, players will roll the dice they bought, and add their value to their tribe’s point total. The tribe with the most points at the end wins immunity! In the event of a tie, the tribe that won the most auctions will win immunity.

Here is a breakdown of the items you will be playing for:

There is one more way to earn points in this game. Whenever you choose to do so, you can opt to deposit greckles into your tribe’s Piggy Bank. Every 5Gr in the bank at the end of the challenge earns your tribe one point. Deposits are permanent, and you cannot earn fractions of points.

Bidding
To place a bid, simply make a post that vaguely resembles this format:

“PlayerName bids X greckles on Lot Y.”

To deposit into the Piggy Bank:

“PlayerName deposits X greckles into the Piggy Bank.”

Two players cannot jointly bid on the same item. However, you can transfer any of your funds to another player – just say so in the thread and it will be done (and permanent).

You can only perform one action per post. Posts with multiple actions will be disregarded.

You can only bid, transfer, or deposit as much money as you currently have that isn’t tied up in other bids. For example, if you have 50Gr and have placed a 30Gr bid on Lot 1, you can’t place another 30Gr bid on Lot 2 until someone outbids you on Lot 1, returning that money to your pool. If someone makes a bidding error, it will greatly confuse the game, so please pay attention. I will post full status updates as frequently as I can to keep things clear. You guys can post status updates too if you like since you all should be able to figure it out. I’ll double check everything, of course. If an erroneous action is made, I will reset the entire game to the point before that action. This will be a pain in the butt, so the player who makes an erroneous bid will incur a 3-point penalty on their tribe.

After 24 hours with no valid bids made, the challenge will end and we will proceed to dice rolling. I will explain how the dice work when we get there. Be forewarned – deposits and transfers will not reset the clock, and, deposits can no longer be made once time is up.

Regarding editing and deleting posts: Don’t do it, stupid! You’re going to break the game! I have turned on email notification for this thread, so I will be aware of any deleted posts. If I see that any posts are deleted or edited during this challenge in a way that changes or removes bids, deposits or transfers, heads will roll. The player committing the infraction will immediately lose the challenge for their tribe and will have one penalty vote cast against them.

I realize that there is a small amount of time-sensitivity to this challenge. After some thought, I decided that there is no perfect solution to this problem. That is why I am declaring this challenge to start immediately and go against what I originally said. I figure the best way to approach this is to catch everybody equally off guard. If you have questions, please ask as soon as you can.

Maurog and noma are sitting out for the Tar Technicians. Have fun!

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 03-02-2009 09:52 PM]
03-02-2009 at 09:51 PM
RoboBob3000
Here is the starting status:

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 03-10-2009 03:19 AM : Turning off email notification]
03-02-2009 at 09:55 PM
Dex Stewart
Player Dex Stewart bids 20 greckles on lot 11.
03-02-2009 at 09:56 PM
Dex Stewart
Player Dex Stewart bids 15 greckles on lot 1.
03-02-2009 at 09:57 PM
Dex Stewart
Player Dex Stewart bids 15 greckles on Lot 3.
03-02-2009 at 09:58 PM
Dex Stewart
Player Dex Stewart bids 10 greckles on Lot 10.
03-02-2009 at 09:58 PM
Dex Stewart
STATUS

03-02-2009 at 09:59 PM
zwetschenwasser
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 200
Player Zwetschenwasser bids 25 on lot 1

03-02-2009 at 10:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zwetschenwasser
Player Zwetschenwasser bids 25 on lot 3

03-02-2009 at 10:26 PM
zwetschenwasser
Player Zwetschenwasser deposits 5 greckles.

03-02-2009 at 10:27 PM
RoboBob3000
STATUS

03-02-2009 at 10:39 PM
Dischorran
Player Dischorran bids 10 greckles on lot 2.

03-02-2009 at 10:41 PM
Dischorran
Player Dischorran bids 10 greckles on lot 4

03-02-2009 at 10:42 PM
Dischorran
Player Dischorran bids 10 greckles on lot 5.

03-02-2009 at 10:43 PM
Dischorran
Player Dischorran bids 10 greckles on lot 7.

03-02-2009 at 10:43 PM
Page 5 of 26
6789>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : DROD Survivor 2 (We have a winner! Read the final vote!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com