Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : DROD Survivor 2 (We have a winner! Read the final vote!)
<<10111213
Page 14 of 26
15161718>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
IP: Logged
icon Re: DROD Survivor 2 (0)  
Without any direct implications, I will hint at the one thing that was bugging me before. But surprisingly, it seems that Robobob3000 either missed it or didn't count it... Regardless, it wouldn't change who won, even if the scores weren't final.

And it is: Under the interpretation of the rules implied by this post (meaning a strict interpretation of "all/none of your posts" outside this thread and beta), somebody listed as "no p" and/or "no e" did not win either. But I'll PM Bob to see what he has to say.

I won't point out other things because some people have already deleted posts, and I didn't commit to memory who made each post.

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 03-21-2009 07:37 PM]
03-21-2009 at 07:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
I presume you mean 12th Archivist's post http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=28436&page=1#278774) which confused me when he did it as he posted it right between other posts with no punctuation etc, which made all the other posts pointless.
03-21-2009 at 07:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Yes, that's the one. And I was disappointed when I saw it because I had just finished typing a post confirming that his earlier post was valid for No Punctuation (of course, I said nothing about Bustd Kyboard).

So I'll just forget PMing Robobob3000 and instead ask here: Why wasn't that counted?

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 03-21-2009 09:45 PM]
03-21-2009 at 07:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Really? I'd hate to be back down to 159...

And not to complain, but everyone should have opted for Ultimate Sacrifice. If every team member gets an extra vote against them, it's like none of them did, but with 25 extra points.

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 03-21-2009 11:55 PM]
03-21-2009 at 11:52 PM
TripleM
Kwakstur wrote:
Really? I'd hate to be back down to 159...

It's a little number that displays on the page that I never look at. I don't know why anyone would worry about it..
03-22-2009 at 12:00 AM
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3407
Kwakstur wrote:
And not to complain, but everyone should have opted for Ultimate Sacrifice. If every team member gets an extra vote against them, it's like none of them did, but with 25 extra points.
You should redo your analysis taking the upcoming merge into account.

Also, is there some reason in particular why you didn't just volunteer for the game at the outset? ;)

03-22-2009 at 01:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
It appears I made a couple of scoring errors in this challenge, but nothing that should have affected the outcome.

I short-changed Maurog 5 points. He completed "no p" and "no e". I failed to copy over one of his posts. That error was slightly offset by my second mistake: I gave 12th Archivist "no p" for 3 points when he hadn't actually earned it. I don't know how I messed up on that one.

Final score should be 51-47, Mud victorious. Did I get that right?

Dischorran wrote:
You should redo your analysis taking the upcoming merge into account.
What upcoming merge? What makes you think we're coming up on a merge?

Edit: Tribal Council will be a bit late tonight. I'm still waiting on one vote. If I get that vote in before I start preparing Tribal Council, I won't count it as a self-vote.

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 03-22-2009 10:26 PM]
03-22-2009 at 10:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Tribal Council #4

This time, we've got six players voting, but nine votes to be read. During this round's challenge, three of the Tar Technicians opted in to receiving a single vote to start this Tribal Council. Those three players are...

Click here to view the secret text

We have six more votes to read.

Fourth vote...

03-23-2009 at 07:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
icon Re: DROD Survivor 2 (+2)  
They say that stressful situations are actually surprisingly good at bringing people together. I have to say that I’m definitely seeing that proven true with you guys. Not only have you formed tight bonds through teamwork within your own tribe, but you’ve also had plenty of shared experiences with the other tribe. That last challenge we had was one that you can all look back on and say, “Geez, I can’t believe I acted so stupid with all of these people I don’t even know all in the name of a silly game!” It was almost like a fraternity hazing ritual. I can definitely say that after that challenge, you’ve all gelled together in a very unique way.

Hmm, I wonder if there’s any reason for concern. You might actually be gelling together a bit too well. Yeah, now that I think about it, you shouldn’t be gelling together like this. You’re supposed to be competing tribes – you can’t get all buddy-buddy on me. No! Watch it! You’re standing too close! Get away from each other! No! Before it’s too late! Nooooooo!!!

Yes, we are now entering the second phase of the game. From here on out, all challenges will be for individual immunity. Every player will vote at every Tribal Council from here on out – including the player currently holding immunity.

Individual immunity is transferrable. Immediately after a challenge ends, I will call for your votes, but at any point before the votes are read, the player currently holding immunity may declare in this thread who he or she wishes to give immunity to. If this happens, I will reset all votes already cast and reset the voting deadline.

That’s all there is to it. If you have any questions about how this phase of the game works, ask away. I will aim to have the challenge posted tonight.

03-23-2009 at 08:07 PM
noma
Rank Points: 1594
Hey... don't we get a feast or something? And wine. I'm sure there's supposed to be wine. You know, then one of us gets stupidly drunk, starts mouthing off and the rest of us raise our eyebrows meaningfully at each other, while glancing sideways at the plastered player passed out in the sand.
03-23-2009 at 09:28 PM
RoboBob3000
noma wrote:
Hey... don't we get a feast or something? And wine. I'm sure there's supposed to be wine. You know, then one of us gets stupidly drunk, starts mouthing off and the rest of us raise our eyebrows meaningfully at each other, while glancing sideways at the plastered player passed out in the sand.
I'll permit you a Pepsi smiley.

:pepsi

03-24-2009 at 04:19 AM
RoboBob3000
icon Re: DROD Survivor 2 (+1)  
Challenge #5: Survey
I figure you all need a break. Let’s start the Gel tribe off right with a quick and simple challenge.

I have a list of survey questions pertaining to your tribe mates. I need you to fill out this survey and PM it back to me. Each answer must be the name of exactly one other player in the game. After you fill out the survey, I want you to fill it out a second time for me – this time predicting the most popular answer for each question.

Each time you correctly guess the most popular response for each question, you will earn a point. If there are multiple responses that are tied as the most popular response for a question, guessing either of them will score you a point. The player who scores the most points will win immunity! In the likely event of a tie, I will have a tiebreaker question to determine the winner.

All valid submissions are final. If there are any issues with your submission, I will let you know and have you resubmit. Challenge scoring will begin as soon as I have submissions from everybody. Your first survey submission will be kept private. Your second submission (containing your guesses) will be made public during scoring.

03-24-2009 at 04:21 AM
TripleM
Can I suggest that this would be hugely improved if we only filled out the form once? If we fill it in once, then we will truly be aiming to guess the most popular answer for each question. Filling it in twice means everyone is going to make up answers for each question in the first submission that are completely untruthful solely to try to make everyone else's most popular answers wrong.
03-24-2009 at 04:37 AM
Dischorran
Wouldn't that strategy hurt one's own guess also? Or am I misanalyzing it (again)?

03-24-2009 at 05:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
TripleM
Dischorran wrote:
Wouldn't that strategy hurt one's own guess also? Or am I misanalyzing it (again)?

Yeah, probably. I just feel that filling it in twice can't be better than filling it in once. But I guess either way I'll probably go for truthful anyway.
03-24-2009 at 05:53 AM
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
Can we have a list of the current Gel members please?

(I prefer the one answer per question, but whatever the rules guy wants)

[Last edited by larrymurk at 03-24-2009 11:46 AM]
03-24-2009 at 11:45 AM
noma
The Gel tribe members:
larrymurk, mxvladi, VIPCOOL, noma, Dischorran, Maurog, Someone Else, TripleM, Dex Stewart and kie
03-24-2009 at 01:58 PM
RoboBob3000
I've given it some additional thought, and I would like to continue with this challenge as originally planned. Yes, it is possible to game the two-submission system, but it's also possible to game the one-submission system. I think it is important to distinguish between filling out the survey for your opinion as well as filling it out for your prediction.

If you wish to only submit one list and have it count for both opinion and prediction, please inform me in your PM.

03-24-2009 at 07:48 PM
kie
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 221
icon Re: DROD Survivor 2 (+3)  
Can we choose ourselves?

03-25-2009 at 08:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
I think that is ruled out (for the first submission) by 'other':
Each answer must be the name of exactly one other player in the game.
(at least, that's what I assumed when I sent my answers in.)

[Last edited by TripleM at 03-25-2009 09:01 PM]
03-25-2009 at 08:23 PM
Kwakstur
Good point, but I would assume that at the very least you can predict yourself for a category.

EDIT: Whoops, you did already say "for the first submission."

Frankly, if it were up to me, I'd say you should even be able to vote for yourself in a category.

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 03-25-2009 10:17 PM]
03-25-2009 at 10:13 PM
RoboBob3000
I didn't intend to rule out the possibility of choosing yourself in the survey - I apologize for the wording.

If this info affects how you would answer and you've already submitted, I'll permit you to submit again.

03-25-2009 at 11:35 PM
RoboBob3000
I'll give you guys 48 more hours to submit your surveys. If you fail to submit anything, it does without saying that you are eliminated from this challenge.

03-26-2009 at 07:18 PM
noma
I think the sand has run out.
03-28-2009 at 09:57 PM
RoboBob3000
Yup, I'll tabulate the results later today.

03-28-2009 at 10:16 PM
RoboBob3000
Sorry for the delay. Busy weekend.

Here are the results for Challenge #5. Since mxvladi did not submit a survey, he is automatically eliminated from contention for immunity.

1. Which player will be the strongest at individual challenges?

2. Which player would be the strongest at challenges that require DROD optimization?

3. Who is the smartest player in the game?

4. Which player has the strongest chance of winning the entire game?

5. Which player has the worst chance of winning the entire game?

6. Which player is your biggest threat in the game?

7. Which player is the most trustworthy?

8. Which player is the least trustworthy?

9. Which player is the most boastful?

10. Which player is the least invested in the game?

11. Which player would you never cast a vote for?

12. Who would you like to see voted out next?

13. Which player should have been voted out by now?

14. Which player would be the most deserving winner?

15. Which player would be the least deserving winner?

Here are the complete submissions for the second survey.

03-30-2009 at 12:11 AM
Dischorran
RoboBob3000 wrote:
Because they took the "Ultimate Sacrifice" in challenge 4, both larrymurk and Dischorran will each start with one vote against them.
I believe you mean larrymurk and Someone Else.

03-30-2009 at 12:25 AM
noma
Congrats to psychic kie!
03-30-2009 at 12:41 AM
RoboBob3000
Dischorran wrote:
RoboBob3000 wrote:
Because they took the "Ultimate Sacrifice" in challenge 4, both larrymurk and Dischorran will each start with one vote against them.
I believe you mean larrymurk and Someone Else.
Right! I'm sorry. Someone Else and larrymurk both start with a vote against them.

If this misinformation influenced your vote, I'll allow you to change it.

03-30-2009 at 03:25 AM
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
Uhm, so are we doing a tribal council vote now?
03-30-2009 at 12:48 PM
<<10111213
Page 14 of 26
15161718>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : DROD Survivor 2 (We have a winner! Read the final vote!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com