Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Ray Gun for Beethro
<<4567
Page 8 of 8
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
calamarain
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 933
IP: Logged
icon Re: Ray Gun for Beethro (0)  
One method I've seen for it is to have the month in Roman numerals, so it's clear whether you have it before or after.

e.g. 1st April 2007 would either be 1-IV-2007 or IV-1-2007.

It's not a very common method though,m I'm personally more fond of "Apr 1 2007"

09-14-2007 at 05:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: Ray Gun for Beethro (+1)  
I use binary... that way the project manager's have no idea when I'm supposed to finish the project. It also proves they don't read my specs... but at least I'm covered ;)
09-14-2007 at 06:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838

File: DRODIS2.jpg (25.5 KB)
Downloaded 129 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Ray Gun for Beethro (+2)  
I know that necroing a thread is probably frowned upon, especially one of such, err... caliber as this one, but I have to say I'm surprised at exactly how many of these feature requests have actually come perilously close to being included in DROD!

Apologies for the inevitable duplications that will have arisen, but I can't seem to find a topic where they are all together in one place.

DiMono wrote:
How about giving Beethro a Ray Gun? Every turn, things in a line in front of him die! And then there could be a potion that makes it 3 lines! Wouldn't this be cool!?
Click here to view the secret text

Oneiromancer wrote:
DiMono wrote:
Step on the potion, be teleported somewhere random on the screen, including the middle of walls!

It's true. A game isn't really a game unless you can be telefragged.

Game on,

joker5 wrote:
Tar would probably become ACID! So if you're next to it you DIE!

joker5 wrote:
YAY LEAPERS! We need more complex monsters like this for their own sake, not for how they would interact with other critters in DROD!

~joker5

Chaco wrote:
No, if he gets a sugar high he moves 2 squares per move! That makes much more sense.

Chaco wrote:
Uh... don't we already have that?

Ooh! I have a great idea! What if Beethro could fall into the nothingness and die?

Giant-Nator22 wrote:
Hmm. This is back to the ray gun thingy, sorry. But, what if there were some enemies that could reflect his ray gun? With that, the ray gun could trap another enemy. And you would need to keep that trapped one there so that lets say, the pressure plate would be down for another enemy.
Kind off confusing, but it would be cool.

I'm impressed with how TCB incorporates these suggestions (and perhaps others) without deviating too significantly from the original DROD concept.

02-10-2009 at 12:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
agaricus5 wrote: I'm surprised at exactly how many of these feature requests have actually come perilously close to being included in DROD!
It's elementary, my dear Watson. You forget that none of our admins are trained in the field of sarcasm.

02-10-2009 at 08:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Snacko
Rank Points: 448
How about there's like, a thing, and this thing unlocks a combo system and the combo breaks if a turn goes by without a monster being killed. Every 10 combo counts you get an item that can lets Beethro take an extra hit and every turn you're in a combo, you get an amount of gold equal to your total combo count, this can be transported to other holds.

You see, that's the other thing the thing does, Beethro becomes a persistent character who keeps every upgrade you buy. With this, you can go back to older holds you were never able to beat and do so easily. Of course, this also makes a good deal of holds unsolvable, but you can save up to 600 Beethros.

PUZZLE POTENTUL! PUZZLE POTENTUL!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111

Oh, and bump.

04-11-2009 at 09:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
agaricus5
Snacko wrote:
Oh, and bump.
I fear you have stumbled in on the wrong board for this particular request.

04-11-2009 at 10:06 PM
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
I know this is just a sarcastic (albeit enjoyable) thread, but you could make the game insanely easy if you played a hold you made where you just slash monsters all day. Six-thousand turns straight of killing monsters will get you those 600 extra lives you want. Once you had all those lives, you could just zip to any hold you wanted to and kill mercilessly!

Although, this could be a realistic feature request provided there are ways to prevent this from being too powerful.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
04-11-2009 at 10:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eb0ny
Rank Points: 484
12th Archivist wrote:
Although, this could be a realistic feature request provided there are ways to prevent this from being too powerful.
Infinite continues not good enough for you, eh?

04-12-2009 at 02:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Snacko
Rank Points: 448
The driving idea behind my request was that it would quite simply destroy every hold ever made.

04-20-2009 at 05:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Oh! Oh! How about every time Beethro steps on a checkpoint, kills a monster, or toggles any type of door, he becomes invulnerable for 30 turns!

Or how about when Beethro steps on a checkpoint, kills a monster, or toggles any type of door, all doors in the hold close! Wouldn't that be awesome!?!?

Ooooooooh! How about Beethro steps on a potion that enlarges his sword by 7000 tiles? That means he can kill everything in the entire level just by rotating! PUZZEL POTNTIL PUZZEL POTNTIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-20-2009 at 11:29 PM
agaricus5
I don't know about you, but IMO, the funniest requests in this thread were those that sounded silly, but could conceivably be introduced into DROD without too much hassle and which were delivered to us with a semblance of mock seriousness.

Although this thread is sarcasm, I'm sure you guys could put a little more effort into your ideas and try to be a bit more thoughtful in posting.

This sort of thing:
PUZZEL POTNTIL PUZZEL POTNTIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
isn't all that funny since you're spoiling your own joke.

04-21-2009 at 12:11 AM
12th Archivist
Well, I was just trying to imagine feature requests that would seriously break the game. I wasn't trying to be all that thoughtful, because it's surprisingly easy to break the game like that.

For example, an idea of a ludicrous but still reasonable feature request in DROD would be something like this:

"How about a monster in the game that needs to be awakened, is invulnerable to Beethro's sword, is deathly afraid of decoys, and moves like a rock giant."

It sounds a little silly and wouldn't be implemented, but it doesn't purposely break the rules of the game. Although it's not as humorous as some of the other insightful feature requests on this page, it still follows the rules.

Misspelling "Puzzle Potential" is just a little tradition for this thread. Being a guy who follows ludicrous traditions for unknown reasons, I decided to follow.

I hope now you understand the reason for posting the things we did in the format we did.

04-21-2009 at 01:30 AM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Am I really in a thread where I'm supporting 12th Archivist over Agaricus

really?

really?
04-21-2009 at 09:29 AM
agaricus5
Banjooie wrote:
Am I really in a thread where I'm supporting 12th Archivist over Agaricus?
Well, alright. I guess I should just have said that yelling "puzzle potential" like that was getting a bit old and left it at that.

On that note, maybe Beethro could tell some really bad Eighther jokes when you click his portrait. You know, like:

Q: Why was the tar mother late to the party?
A: She was being tar-dy!

04-21-2009 at 10:53 AM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
Q: What do mud coordinators hate on their sandwiches?
A: Gelly.

04-21-2009 at 01:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zwetschenwasser
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 200
*facepalm* Archivist wins the thread. Move along, people.

04-23-2009 at 12:02 AM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Q: Why did the gel roach?
A: Because the tar
04-25-2009 at 11:22 AM
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
Trickster wrote:
Watcher wrote:
Now look what you just did. My sarcasm meter exploded!
How is this not the thread?!?!!!? :weep
I am fairly sure it is ;).

03-02-2012 at 12:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
Yep, this thread worked for me. Shame you bumped it. ;)

03-02-2012 at 12:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
There are many threads that match. We could move it to one of the others instead.

Just kidding ;)

[Last edited by Tim at 03-02-2012 01:14 PM]
03-02-2012 at 01:13 PM
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
Yikes! And how would I have known it was this thread when the last post was two years before I even joined the site? :blink

03-02-2012 at 02:03 PM
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
Out of all people on this forum I know best. And what I wrote is true ;) .

03-02-2012 at 05:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
<<4567
Page 8 of 8
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Ray Gun for Beethro
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No