Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : blocks you can push
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Réchèr
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon blocks you can push (0)  
I have just a new idea that could add some fun and enigmas in the game. What do you think of boxes? They would act exactly as walls, except that they could be pushed by Beethro!

I do not know if you remember and old game called soko-ban. You had a little guy, little boxes to push and you had to rearrange them. It would be a good idea to have this in Drod, you could build enigmas based only on boxes, Beethro would have to push them to make his way to an orb or a roach for example.

You could also make enigmas combined with boxes and other monsters. Beethro would have to use a box as a shield, to protect one of his side from attacking monsters. Or he could push a box in order to create a dead end for a serpent, or he could block a passage with a box, to prevent a tar growing, etc...

It is so a simple idea I can not realize why nobody thought about this before me.

Of course, there will be problems to think about. How does the boxes act in relation with the trapdoors? And wil the boxes fall into pits or not? Well, I let you think about this.

:P

04-26-2003 at 10:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mister
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 104
icon Re: blocks you can push (0)  
I don't remember where I read it, but pushables blocks are big no-no in Drod. The author just don't want it; too much push-puzzle games out there.

Now, i'm thinking... why not the other way around? Blocks that can push Beethro and/or monsters. Or make it that can squash too, kinda like a Dungeon automatic defense system... (triggered/turned on/off by an orb?)

04-26-2003 at 11:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Re: blocks you can push (0)  
Mister wrote:
I don't remember where I read it, but pushables blocks are big no-no in Drod. The author just don't want it; too much push-puzzle games out there.

Now, i'm thinking... why not the other way around? Blocks that can push Beethro and/or monsters. Or make it that can squash too, kinda like a Dungeon automatic defense system... (triggered/turned on/off by an orb?)

I have already submitted an idea like this. Go and see the "Silver Orb" at:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=595349&group_id=10939&atid=360939

04-26-2003 at 11:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Malarame
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 220
Personally, I'm not a big fan of the idea of movable blocks. I never liked games like Sokoban.

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
04-27-2003 at 05:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
leventdal
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 31
If placed right, doors can do the same job as pushing blocks.
06-16-2003 at 02:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : blocks you can push
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com