Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Do Not Disturb Compilation Hold (Unofficial contest compilation)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
techant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 854
IP: Logged
icon Re: Do Not Disturb Compilation Hold (+1)  
PM this but just in case posted it here:

I have been busy so today is the first time I have looked over in build mode only and saw what you changed. As far as I can tell all seem fine. I recommend a different name for the level maybe "Better Late Than Never" or anything else you can think of. I noticed other levels were changed from their original one.

Again thank you for all your hard work.

03-27-2012 at 07:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
brian_s
Rank Points: 587
Off to the HAs!
03-28-2012 at 01:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
icon Re: Do Not Disturb Compilation Hold (0)  
Okay, I've played through almost all of the hold, and have reached the Challenges Level. This is a pretty tough hold, but there's some great puzzles in here. :)

For Hold Administration purposes, I'd like to make an open request for somebody to provide demos for Challenges 1W, 1S1E, and 1E. Those three rooms are pretty much beyond my ability at the moment and I'd like to quickly confirm that those rooms are solvable (which I'm sure they are, but I'd like to see it).

After that, I can just confirm the stairs in Challenges The Entrance goes to Hub 1N1E properly, and vote Yes on getting the hold through the HA promotion process.

07-21-2012 at 07:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Trickster
Rank Points: 662
Chaco wrote:
For Hold Administration purposes, I'd like to make an open request for somebody to provide demos for Challenges 1W, 1S1E, and 1E. Those three rooms are pretty much beyond my ability at the moment and I'd like to quickly confirm that those rooms are solvable (which I'm sure they are, but I'd like to see it).
I don't recall which rooms those are offhand, but I know I can handle all but two of the Challenge rooms at least (if 1E is the mirror one that's mine, and I can ace it for you later this week). I may be able to get one or even both of the others but I'll have to play to see.

mxvladi is responsible for a couple of the harder challenges and he can probably get you demos the fastest, though. I still have not beaten his rooms or the challenges he proposed, save one or two.

Official Hold Progress
Click here to view the secret text

Favorite Unofficial Holds (I need to play more!)

My Holds

07-22-2012 at 06:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mxvladi
Rank Points: 2505
icon Re: Do Not Disturb Compilation Hold (+4)  
I've finally replayed the whole thing. I just hope that hold ID doesn't change again and I won't have to restart for the third time...

Attached .zip has demos for Challenges 1W(my challenge) and 1S 1E(not my challenge, but I guess noone else will bother playing through the whole hold and providing demo for this one). EDIT: attachment removed.

Trickster is more than welcome to give demo for Challenges 1E (I think giving demo for brian_s's 1E which involves leaving three mirrors to spare will be enough in this case). In fact, I think she ought to give it, since it's her challenge. If she doesn't provide demo in a week, I'll do it, though it will make me wonder whether she completed the challenge herself(I mean, if she did, she must have demo of solution-with-spare-mirrors for 1E of brian_s's entry?) Oh, and while I'm here, I'll say that it's possible to do with 4 mirrors to spare, or maybe even more, so challenge version could, in theory, be made harder.

[Last edited by mxvladi at 08-19-2012 03:39 AM]
08-11-2012 at 09:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Trickster
mxvladi wrote:
Trickster is more than welcome to give demo for Challenges 1E (I think giving demo for brian_s's 1E which involves leaving three mirrors to spare will be enough in this case). In fact, I think she ought to give it, since it's her challenge. If she doesn't provide demo in a week, I'll do it, though it will make me wonder whether she completed the challenge herself(I mean, if she did, she must have demo of solution-with-spare-mirrors for 1E of brian_s's entry?) Oh, and while I'm here, I'll say that it's possible to do with 4 mirrors to spare, or maybe even more, so challenge version could, in theory, be made harder.
I'll do it very soon.

I was fairly certain it was possible to do it with four mirrors free, but "challenge" doesn't have to mean "so hard only five players will be able to beat it". :)

Official Hold Progress

My Holds

08-12-2012 at 08:07 PM
Trickster
Interesting turn of events. :thumbsdown

DROD TCB uninstalled itself from my desktop machine.

Completely.

Without a trace.

I have no idea how this could have happened. GatEB is still there. TCB is completely gone. It's not in Program Files or Program Files (x86). It's just gone.

I reinstalled it and did the "gimme my saves dammit" dance. However, I cannot find DnD saves anywhere on my desktop or laptop.

Since I cannot save a demo from the editor, this means I need to beat the entire DnD yet again to demo that one room...and I have not yet beaten mxvladi's rooms.

So, here are your options.

1) Tell me some non-stupid way to do this. Can I copy the room and demo that? Is that good enough?

2) Wait for me to beat the entire dogdamn hold, which may be a while because I'm currently strapped for time.

3) I can beat the room in the editor and then describe sufficient hints such that Chaco should be able to ace it without any difficulty.

I favor option 3, but I need some feedback on this. (Also some explanation as to how TCB could have removed itself from my machine, including deleting all the directories it had created and the Start Menu entries, without my knowledge...that'd be great.)

Official Hold Progress

My Holds

08-13-2012 at 09:34 AM
mxvladi
I'd say it's fine to provide demo for 1E in brian_s's entry(original room, not challenge version - you don't need to beat anything in order to reach original room) which involves leaving three mirrors to spare. Since challenge version is the same except there're three less mirrors, three-mirrors-to-spare demo for 1E will basically be solution for it(demo just will import in a different room, but it's a minor problem).

Though, maybe it's time to beat my rooms? You can't run from them forever *evil laugh*

[Last edited by mxvladi at 08-13-2012 02:20 PM]
08-13-2012 at 09:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Trickster
mxvladi wrote:
I'd say it's fine to provide demo for 1E in brian_s's entry(original room, not challenge version - you don't need to beat anything in order to reach original room) which involves leaving three mirrors to spare. Since challenge version is the same except there're three less mirrors, three-mirrors-to-spare demo for 1E will basically be solution for it(demo just will import in a different room, but it's a minor problem).
That will work, though the slight room differences won't allow it to be a "perfect" copy of a demo for the challenge room. But I'll do that, thanks.
mxvladi wrote:
Though, maybe it's time to beat my rooms? You can't run from them forever *evil laugh*
I look forward to them. :) But this hold has been in HA forever and needs to go up sooner than I'll have time for it.

Official Hold Progress

My Holds

08-13-2012 at 06:44 PM
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3407
Throw an mxvladi:1S1W non-challenge demo onto the demo pile and I'll get back to trying to HA this monstrosity.

08-13-2012 at 10:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626

File: DNDC The Lazy Architects Dungeon 1S1W Victory.demo (2.4 KB)
Downloaded 46 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Do Not Disturb Compilation Hold (+2)  
Sure, here you go. This was a pretty tough room.

08-13-2012 at 10:04 PM
Trickster
My first attempt with fewer mirrors failed so I'll need to spend about an hour on this bad boy to remember how to do it. So, the next time I have a whole hour free, I'll finish a demo and drop it here. (It will be with the regular room, since I can't reach the challenge.)

However, I can at the very least tell you what you need to do to get the trick to work...

Let me know if that helps, but I'll do up the demo anyway.

Official Hold Progress

My Holds

08-14-2012 at 10:36 PM
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3407
Since the hold's anyone edit, you could copy the room over into a temporary hold and solve a perfect copy there. Post the hold and the demo and we should be able to take it from there.

08-15-2012 at 04:16 AM
Trickster
Dischorran wrote:
Since the hold's anyone edit, you could copy the room over into a temporary hold and solve a perfect copy there. Post the hold and the demo and we should be able to take it from there.
Alright, I'll do it that way. I'll do it as soon as possible.

It will be a while though. This week and next are hell for me so I can't do much of anything except the occasional post until I get through them.

Official Hold Progress

My Holds

08-15-2012 at 05:06 AM
mxvladi
icon Re: Do Not Disturb Compilation Hold (+2)  
Trickster wrote:
It will be a while though. This week and next are hell for me so I can't do much of anything except the occasional post until I get through them.

Well, if you can't provide a demo for a couple of weeks, I guess that in the end, it'll be faster if I do it. EDIT: attachment removed

[Last edited by mxvladi at 08-19-2012 03:39 AM]
08-15-2012 at 07:42 AM
Trickster
Thanks. Sorry for the flake, but I really can't focus until the quarter-to-semester switch is complete. It's kind of a nightmare at the moment.

Official Hold Progress

My Holds

08-15-2012 at 01:51 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Do Not Disturb Compilation Hold (Unofficial contest compilation)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com