Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Catacombs 2 (Easy/Medium Monster Manipulation Puzzles)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.1/10 (8 votes)
σ 0.93
Author Name:Karipto
Submitted By:Karipto
Hold Name:Catacombs 2
Theme:Easy/Medium Monster Manipulation Puzzles
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:3
Number of Rooms:15
Number of Monsters:123
Version:DROD: The City Beneath (3.3)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:1 (+1 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Catacombs 2.hold (8.2 KB)
Downloaded 765 times.
License: Other
icon Catacombs 2  
This is kind of a sequel to the original "Catacombs", except this time I tried to make puzzles without repeating ideas too much, a problem that plagued the original hold. A couple rooms are pretty repetitive (as I feel it is warranted in those cases to make the puzzle work), but generally, I opted to make slight variations in an attempt to make the rooms more interesting.

Most of the puzzles are probably on the easy side, though there's a couple of tricky ones as well. If you completed either "Journey to Rooted Hold" or "The City Beneath", this hold shouldn't be much trouble.

Thanks goes to "mxvladi" for testing the hold for errors/unintended solutions. Also, to "igusarov", "eytanz", and "Tahnan" for their criticisms of the original "Catacombs", which I did my best to keep in mind while creating this.

I hope you enjoy the hold!
02-05-2012 at 05:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dischorran
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3406
icon Re: Catacombs 2 (+1)  
Nice quick set of themed levels, not overly hard. I thought the first level was the best of the three, although my favorite room of the hold was definitely the secret on level 2.

02-07-2012 at 08:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 414
This is a decent little hold with some fairly straightforward monster manipulation. There are 3 distinctly themed levels plus a few secret rooms for a trickier challenge.

I'd have to agree with Dischorran about the secret room on level 2 as that was my favourite here as well.

Apart from that, there's not much else to say - if you're struggling with some of the harder monster manipulation puzzles in other holds then this is perfect for getting in a bit of practice.

My verdict:

Difficulty: 4.5
Fun: 7

Progress - Gavin G
02-07-2012 at 10:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Rinaldo
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
icon Re: Catacombs 2 (0)  
This apparently requires build 3.3. Is this available to Mac users?
03-31-2012 at 11:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
No, not at this point. I'm in the same magically shiny smooth boat.

[Last edited by west.logan at 04-01-2012 03:51 AM]
04-01-2012 at 03:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob
Rank Points: 3741
Even if you can't get 3.3 for Mac, you should be able to get 4.0 for it.

04-01-2012 at 10:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rinaldo
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
Thanks for the suggestion. After reading that, I downloaded the demo of the forthcoming new version. But when I try to launch it, after a momentary appearance of the window it always "quits unexpectedly." Is there any hope for me?

Edited later: Never mind. I bought the full version 4, and the excellent help line told me how to get that started on a Mac. All is well.

[Last edited by Rinaldo at 04-04-2012 10:07 PM]
04-01-2012 at 12:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Catacombs 2 (Easy/Medium Monster Manipulation Puzzles) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com