Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Custom Element Contest Compilation (Work to be done)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mauvebutterfly
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 178
IP: Logged

File: Custom Weapons from Contest.hold (31.6 KB)
Downloaded 3 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Custom Element Contest Compilation (+1)  
I thought I already gave permission. People are free to use the briar seeds however they want in their own holds.

People also have my permission to use the custom weapon token included in this post however they want.

This token allows switching between:
sword
rocket launcher
fire traps
net
briar seeds
girkle gun (from the take five contest; it never appeared in the custom element contest, although it could be seen as an implementation for "That Familiar Feeling")

Additionally, it includes a "blank" weapon token that can be used to store a weapon, although doing so will disarm the player.

Unfortunately, the custom weapon token is incompatible with regular weapon tokens, and will reset the player's weapon to be the sword at the start of the room.

As an additional warning, leaving the room with a non-sword weapon will cause you to be disarmed in the next room unless that room contains a script that resets the player's weapon to the sword. Note that the custom weapon tokens themselves already do this, so there is no issue as long as all rooms contain a token and exits to levels without the token have been given a re-arming script.

[Last edited by mauvebutterfly at 05-10-2017 12:52 PM]
05-10-2017 at 12:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3202
icon Re: Custom Element Contest Compilation (0)  
Yes, permission is granted for anyone to use the Bombette, but with a strong recommendation that only the updated version (does not explode onto walls) should be used.

You've uploaded Crimson Moon's entry instead of the compilation, since he also used "Custom Element Contest" as his hold title.

05-10-2017 at 02:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
Aagh, I forgot the one I was supposed to upload was the one with the word "The" at the start! It's the correct one now, sorry. Now it should be possible to see all the stuff I talked about in that post about the update.

I'm under the impression everyone's ok about it but I just want to be doubly sure about the permission stuff.

Thank you mauvebutterfly!

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

05-10-2017 at 03:11 PM
Lucky Luc
Rank Points: 1069
Huh. Thought I had done this before, but apparently not. So yup. Giving permission to use and modify pixies both script- and graphics-wise. The same goes for everything I make and upload here, by the way, unless specified otherwise I guess.
05-10-2017 at 04:42 PM
disoriented
Rank Points: 1198
Yes I am ok with anyone using the firetrap creators, the Net, and the Unidart, as long as Crimson Moon and iQubic feel the same way.

05-10-2017 at 08:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 1966
:yes

05-11-2017 at 02:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
hyperme
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 451
People can reuse my custom elements if they want.

Rockets have been reused already so the spirit of co-operation is already alive.

05-11-2017 at 06:29 PM
mauvebutterfly
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 178

File: Uni-Dart Splitter.png (1 KB)
Downloaded 42 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Custom Element Contest Compilation (+1)  
Not my best work, but I finally got around to making an icon for the uni-dart splitter custom element.

06-06-2017 at 10:22 AM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Custom Element Contest Compilation (Work to be done)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com