Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Architecture salon ((and so new hold ...))
Page 1 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
jokokoe
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 71
IP: Logged

File: Architecture Salon_final.hold (183.2 KB)
Downloaded 69 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Architecture salon (+2)  
Hold Complete ! Testing time

Hi everybody ! I'm starting a new Hold , so I'm posting it here

It would talk about the architecture salon where architects meet each other to compare, study etc. everything related to architecture.
So as we can imagine I'll try to do as many different level based on different aspect of the game as I can.
It's a big challenge and I think that it may be a good thing for me to train my skills and imagination to create rooms.

The first level will be the place where you can find every levels so it will be possible to choose in which order you want to clear them.
As a bonus , when a player will conquer a certain number of levels he will be granted an access to different " battle arena".
In those arena the player will have a goal to achieve and a record will be saved so he will be able to come back whenever he want and try to beat his record !
( Well , it's going to be very, very interesting to see the score of the best DROD players :w00t )

For now I've only made one level based on aumtlich. Not really new but it make the job ( the last room is my favorite).
I also made the first battle arena. The goal is really simple in this one, kill as many roaches has you can.
Every 30 turns a door open with a new roach queen inside so finally the player will be surrounded by roaches.
The killing count stop when you walk on oremites so beware ! You can see your score at the end so feel free to post it :)

Finally, If anyone would like to add a level in the hold ( the only rule is that the level need to be based on something particular) just tell me , it would be a pleasure to make this new project with other players !
Feedback is welcome ! have a nice play...

List of Levels :

- The Salon => need testing

- The labyrinth => complete
- Roaches Of Death (Battle Arena) => complete
- Ice And Fire => need testing
- Rocky Archipelago => complete (3N1W need testing)
- Hungry Adder (Battle Arena) => complete
- The Eye => complete
- Beethro Learns Painting => complete
- Crossing River => complete
- Holes => need testing
- Fegundo Training Area => complete (southern rooms need testing)
- Tiny Rooms => complete
- Colorful Cavern => complete
- Unprotected => complete
- Imprisoned => complete
- The Summer Garden => need testing
- The Swampy Lake => complete
- Sokoban Island => need testing
- Small Sands => need testing
- Adders And Brains => need testing
- Impact Crater => need testing
- Dismantling Plant => need testing
- The Yard => need testing
- Soldier War (Battle Arena) => need testing
- The Ungazing Aumtlich => need testing

- The Director's House => post master level, don't test it if you plan to master the hold

Architecture Salon
Do it Again

[Last edited by jokokoe at 02-09-2019 02:37 PM]
11-11-2015 at 12:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Lucky Luc
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1215
icon Re: Architecture salon (0)  
Quickly played through it. Some nice rooms! Sounds like a fairly ambitious project, but you can't get far without ambitions, right?

Specific comments:

1N: There's a backtracking issue here, I think. Leave the room to the south after conquering it and there's no way to get to 2N. Also maybe add a little variation to this? I basically felt like I was doing the same thing four times.

2N: This is possible using only 5 aumtlich, which might make for an interesting challenge. I don't think 4 is possible, though.

2N1E: Really liked this one.

3N: My solution's probably unintended, cause it's really simple.
Click here to view the secret text

The arena room is interesting. 171 seems to be the best I can do.
11-11-2015 at 09:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jokokoe
The labyrinth:

-Fixed the tunnels in 1N so it's now possible to go back to the entrance.

-The challenge has been added in 2N (found the solution after reading your message, good job finding this !)

-Changed the mirror and added a wall in 3N so now I don't think it's anymore possible to solve the room like this or in a similar way.

Also added a new level called "The eye". Currently I'm not really glad of it so I may change some things or even rooms but I added it in the Hold.
I may write the names of best players in every arena on a scroll later if it's not a problem.
For now I'll work on two new levels : one that may be called " Fire and Ice" and the other " rocky Island "...

Edit : Ice and Fire created and added to the file.

Architecture Salon
Do it Again

[Last edited by jokokoe at 11-12-2015 01:27 AM]
11-11-2015 at 10:54 PM
jokokoe
New level added : " Rocky archipelago "

This level contains only rock golems and giants for a total of 6 conquerable rooms and 2 additional challenges.
Aside from the challenges the level isn't so complicated at all. I hope the design is good cause it take me a long time to create it !

For the others level :

- The eye : what I like is the design but I think I'll only keep the two left rooms ( the one with roaches and the other with gentryiis ) and craft again the eastern rooms.

- Fire and Ice : The concept is simple, I've made 3 rooms on south and reflected them north but changed one or two things ( like change your weapon) so the north rooms are more harder.
I may had one or two more rooms to complete this level.

I'm waiting to have at least 7 or 8 level to start building the first big one that will grant access to every other levels.
As you will see my levels aren't so big, For this hold I'd like to make lot's of little levels instead of few bigger ones.
It will be always possible to come back to the first level even if you didn't conquered the one were you are so if a player is in trouble with a level he will have the possibility to try another one and come back later. I will also try to design the levels as less lineary has possible...

For now I'll try to focus on a new battle arena with an adder . Don't forget to post your highscore !

Have a nice play !

P.S : Forgive my english , it is not my native tongue :D

Architecture Salon
Do it Again

[Last edited by jokokoe at 11-13-2015 01:09 AM]
11-13-2015 at 01:06 AM
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3408
jokokoe wrote:
For this hold I'd like to make lot's of little levels instead of few bigger ones.
It will be always possible to come back to the first level even if you didn't conquered the one were you are so if a player is in trouble with a level he will have the possibility to try another one and come back later. I will also try to design the levels as less lineary has possible...
Always a good plan!

11-13-2015 at 10:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
jokokoe
It looks like there is not the event "monster eaten" in the script command ...
Anyone know how could I get a count of every monsters eaten by an adder ?

Edit : nevermind, I can use " monster stabbed", as beetrho is wielding the staff. But that may be good to add a specific event for this !

- New battle arena added were you have to feed an adder with as many roaches as possible. It's getting tricky really fast but there are 1 are 2 good techniques to get a nice score. enjoy !

Architecture Salon
Do it Again

[Last edited by jokokoe at 11-14-2015 01:22 AM]
11-14-2015 at 12:24 AM
Lucky Luc
Rank Points: 1215
The old rooms seem to be fixed now. Solved all the new rooms except for The Eye 1N2W and the adder battle arena. Pretty nice job, mostly! A few comments:

Rocky Archipelago: Very neat! A few broken things though:

2N1W: Since there's a floor tile next to the seeding beacons, I can easily turn them off before releasing either rock giant, then kill both of them wherever I want.

2N: I suppose the pressure plates were meant to close off the room if you don't enter from the south. You'd need to extend the door to (17,16) for that, though.

2N1E: The challenge is very cool! Otherwise I'm not quite sure what you wanted me to do here. I can easily press all of the four pressure plates myself and kill the golems wherever I want. Also sort of a backtracking issue: You can leave this room to the south by wading through shallow water. When you return, you're stuck with a sword and there's no way out until you clean the room (so you definitely can't get the challenge).

The 1N row seemed to work.

The Eye: This is the one I'm most skeptical about. Certainly the most difficult level so far, but I thought some of the rooms were more annoying than fun. Neat minimap art, though :)

1W: I needed way too long for this. The eye manipulation is clever, though the second time just felt like repetition. The aumtlich part didn't really seem to rely on any time clone interaction.

2W: Nice and simple puzzle.

1N1W: I have mixed feelings about this room. The good: The goblin puzzle is really nice. The bad: The time clone part really didn't add much to the room except for ennui. Both sections can be solved pretty much independently, which I'm really glad about. However, that means once you find a good way to handle the roaches, all you have to do there is to repeat it like 7 times or so just to give yourself enough time for later.

1N2W: Nope. I'm not gonna solve that one :P . I think it's clear what would need to be done, but handling three gentryii heads sounds like no fun at all. If I'm missing a clever lynchpin I'm sorry; otherwise I would suggest changing that room. (Might be just me though)

Ice and Fire: Nice idea, and the rooms seemed to work nicely. I thought the rock golem part in 3E was more difficult than the one in 1N3E, though.

Anyway, keep up the good work! I like where this is going.
11-14-2015 at 09:38 AM
jokokoe
Rocky Archipelago :

2N : door extended on (17,16)

2N1W : I've forget to add swallow water near the seeding beacons ! ( I was testing the challenge and forgot to put swallow water back ...) Now it's okay.

2N1E : What I wanted to do was the player to use the sword if he didn't want to do the challenge.
That was hard to find a way to do this but I think now it's okay. Fixed also the swallow water unwanted way.

Hungry Adder :

Fixed a PP so the doors will close as expected when walking on it and also the minimum score is now 15, not 20.

Ice And Fire :

3E and 1N3E : the last part in the ice path will have to be finished with sword and the fire path with the staff ( also added a fifth pp in the fire path so you can't push out one of the golem )

The eye :

I've kept the 2W room and changed the others.

1N2W : Variation of the initial room with only one gentryii in every section , it's now more clever and easier.

1W : The room is now using only eyes ( variation of the first puzzle) , the last part may be a bit tricky tough.

1N1W : 5 time clones at the same time, May look hard to manage all the goblins but it's not if you choose the right combination...

I'll try next to design a new level that may be called "Beetrho learn to paint". Maybe I'll make two levels for this, one easy and another more hard.

Architecture Salon
Do it Again

[Last edited by jokokoe at 11-16-2015 11:07 AM]
11-15-2015 at 11:56 PM
jokokoe
I'm in trouble , how could I script a character so a door will open when tar, mud or gel is detroyed from a chosen area ?
I need to script something that would look like 7N1E of the scorching path ...

It looks like there is " wait for item tar " ( and maybe mud and gel ) in the 5.0.2 version of TSS but I can only download the 5.0.1 version...
I also found that I could use the _myscript variable but I'm unable to do that even with file help. I need help :D

Architecture Salon
Do it Again

[Last edited by jokokoe at 11-16-2015 11:07 AM]
11-16-2015 at 11:07 AM
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
PPs under tarstuff?

11-18-2015 at 12:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
jokokoe
Ok guys , new level release : " Beethro Learn Painting ".

In this level the player will have to cut through tar, mud and even gel in the requested way in every rooms.
Some rooms contains mothers and some other not. Maybe the last two rooms are more challenging but the overall difficulty is average.
That was very long to script everything so I'll hope the command " Wait for Tar " will be in the next patch !
There may be still some errors, so if you test the level , try cutting the tar not exactly as it is ask and see if the door open...

1N2W :

I was thinking of a challenge for this room " drop X mirrors before opening the gate ", where X could be the maximum possible.
Anyone can tell me how much worth X ? I'm not so good at all to find it ...

Some help for the last room , 3N :

Now I'm focusing on the level "Master Painter", I think you can already imagine what it will talk about. Have a nice play, feedback is always welcome :)

Architecture Salon
Do it Again
11-18-2015 at 04:00 PM
bbb
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 215
icon Re: Architecture salon (+1)  
I'm Rocky Archipelago 2N1W you can do the challenge by deactivating one beacon twice.
11-22-2015 at 02:09 PM
jokokoe
Fixed !

Architecture Salon
Do it Again
11-22-2015 at 10:40 PM
jokokoe
New level added : River Crossing.

It's all about a staff , eyes and mirrors. Enjoy !

I've also added a challenge in the level Beethro Learn Painting, the one I was mentioning earlier.
You'll have to drop 3 mirrors into the void. Haven't found a way to drop 4 and clear the room so I think 3 is the highest value...
I still need to work on Master Painter. I think level will be much more harder than other levels in the hold but as nothing will be lineary the player will be able to focus on something else and do that in last.

Have a nice play !

Architecture Salon
Do it Again
11-29-2015 at 11:21 PM
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1531
I decided to download and try this hold, so here are my comments on what I've gone through so far:

First of all, I wish you'd rename the hold and its file; having a hold named "Hold" is definitely going to confuse me later.

Secondly, a lot of the text has spelling and grammar errors, which annoys me particularly. I'd be happy to proofread your text if you want me to.

The Labyrinth:
This is neat idea, but I got tired of it after 1N. 2N1E was a nice change of pace, after that I didn't feel like doing any more for now.

2N: The trapdoors should probably be Trapdoors Over Water instead, since otherwise they awkwardly become pit tiles in an area that doesn't have pit anywhere else.

Rocky Archipelago:
Loved this one, for the most part.

1N: I wonder what this room would be like with 4 Constructs in place of the rock giant. If it's still solvable like that you might add it as a secret room or something.

2N1W: I just can't figure this out at all. I think it's just that I'm really bad with rock giant manipulation.

2N: For leak checks like this and 1N1W, I would really appreciate the leak checks being changed to some arrows keeping the golems/giants in place until the player steps close to the actual puzzle area instead of buttons that close off the puzzle and force the player to leave and come back again. Just a personal preference, but it would be easy to do in this room by putting a one-time pressure plate right on one of the arrows going in.

The Eye:
Brilliant time puzzles, but exhausting to figure out. Love the map-art.

Beethro Learn Painting:
First of all, should be "Learns". Aside from that: This is an amazing idea. It doesn't look impressive at first, but the variations of it are what make it work.

1N1E: The detection doesn't work right. I have a giant glob of mud, some of the apparent "target" space is empty, and it suddenly said "well done!" I haven't looked, but I suspect the problem is that you're just waiting for it to be the way it should be rather than waiting for the player to leave the "canvas" area and THEN checking with some if statements to see if everything's the way it should be. This works fine elsewhere but not when the mud can be cut and then come back.

1N2E: "Don't spawn any mud babies" would be an interesting challenge here. Not sure if achievable though. "Stay armed" might be another challenge, too, i.e., requiring the player to never step on the disarm token (would require you to move it out of the player's direct path) and then awkwardly turn their sword around to move the fegundo instead of being able to just freely bump into walls.

1N1W: Babies spawn at outside corners in a way that I think makes the pattern impossible to achieve. I'll take your word for it if you've tested and made work a way to do it, though.

River Crossing:
Another case of a good idea that I got tired of after a bit.

Here are some links to Things!

[Last edited by Xindaris at 11-30-2015 02:51 AM]
11-30-2015 at 02:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
bbb
The Eye: 1N1W:

11-30-2015 at 03:52 PM
jokokoe
Thank you for the feedback !

First of all, I wish you'd rename the hold and its file; having a hold named "Hold" is definitely going to confuse me later.

Secondly, a lot of the text has spelling and grammar errors, which annoys me particularly. I'd be happy to proofread your text if you want me to.

I'm sorry for every grammar errors, english isn't my native tongue and I try my best to avoid them ! It would be a pleasure if you could help me with the text !

The labyrinth :

2N : the trapdoors are now fixed.

Rocky Archipelago :

1N : Nice idea , will try it !

2N1W : Have you trouble finishing the challenge ? here are some hints for it :

2N and 1N1W : I did what you say , I've put force arrows instead of having to enter the room again.

The Eye :

For what you said bbb => I've added a force arrow near the conquer token so it's impossible to enter back from this part of the room.
Also, the forces arrows that were activated near the goblins have been changed, they now close the entire room.
So I don't think there's anymore way to clear this room but the one supposed. Thank you !

Beethro Learns Painting :

Scripting was a really hard part on this level. I had the same problem on every rooms : If I select an aera with "wait for item" , it only need one of the selected item to be true.
So if there was Tar in a square but I needed it in an entire area it was still working...
So for a lot of rooms I had to put in the script a lot of "wait for item" (sorry for my bad english , it's a bit hard to explain my problem, I hope you understand).

1N1E : I think the room is now fixed.

1N2E : I was thinking of those challenges but they seems to me more boring than challenging so I haven't implemented them.

1N1W : Haven't you noticed the force arrow on the south west corner ? :)

Crossing River :

I'll talk a bit about this level. The main challenge of every rooms is to NOT active any eyes or door will close and the player will be block.
There are six conquerable rooms separated in two different types : 3 where you have to cross the room without activating the eyes and 3 others where you are on square, surrounded by eyes.
For the last room :
As gentryii's are made of steel, it would be very interesting if they had the same ability as mirrors. It would make great rooms combined with eyes or aumtlich !

Architecture Salon
Do it Again
11-30-2015 at 06:47 PM
Xindaris
I'll look into proofreading soon.

You might consider making some of the things in the scrolls of The Labyrinth into Level Entrance descriptions; the first one, for example, would be a good one for the Labyrinth itself.

For the coding, I've actually inspected 1N1E's code and it still looks to have issues. Here's a rough of what I would do to make sure there is mud only where the tar "template" says it should be:

What this does is, every turn it checks to see whether mud is in the areas it should be. If it is, it checks (via the ELSE statements) that mud is NOT where it SHOULDN'T be. Only if the mud is both present where it should be, and not present where it shouldn't be, then it jumps out of the checking loop to the label "Success" and lets the player finish the room.

EDIT: Actually, this code has a problem I hadn't thought of. "Wait for item.." Returns TRUE if there is ANY of the requested item in the specified area, so what this actually needs is a wait for item on EVERY SINGLE TILE that's supposed to have the mud on it. That's an issue that's going to be true in all the other rooms of this level, too...:no

The best way I can think of to make this not require an if-wait for item statement for every tile that's supposed to have tarstuff on it involves coding something that will take specifications for a rectangle and then use loops to check every tile in that rectangle for presence of the desired item. Still a nightmare to put together and any use of it requires knowing how to use its inputs and outputs, a bunch of excess variables and things. Probably more trouble than endless if statements.

[Last edited by Xindaris at 11-30-2015 07:50 PM]
11-30-2015 at 07:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
jokokoe
That is exactly the problem I had for most rooms ! But I think it's possible to divide aeras in larger part than only one square since some tar or mud arrangement seems really impossible to have and in the same time conquer the room. I've tried different setup for every rooms and for now it works but there may be still some troubles. I'll try another code for 1N1E and if it doesn't work I'll do it square by square !

Nice idea for the labyrinth. I think I'll put every text that are wrote on the scrolls in the description. I am much more afraid of writing a description for every levels than designing them :D

EDIT :

In Beetrho Learns Painting I had forget to put back the mirrors in their original position ( room 1N2W ).
There's also a new level named "Holes" but it still in construction. Feel free to test the rooms already designed.

Architecture Salon
Do it Again

[Last edited by jokokoe at 12-01-2015 01:05 AM]
11-30-2015 at 08:16 PM
bbb
Ice and Fire: 1E, 1N1E

Backtracking problem, if you solve these rooms and leave west, you can't go back east.
12-01-2015 at 07:19 AM
jokokoe
Fixed the backtracking problem on 1E and 1N1E of Ice and Fire.

New level added named Holes with 7 conquerable rooms. It is talking about platforms movement being unsworded.
It's a bit (just a bit) like a drod/tetris for 2 rooms, meaning you'll need to place the platforms in such a way the room is conquerable...
I think the room in 2S is a bit more challenging than the others but nothing to fear. Have a nice play.

Architecture Salon
Do it Again
12-03-2015 at 11:10 PM
jokokoe
New update :

I've fixed the trivial solution in 1S1W of Holes, now the only way to conquer the room is by doing what it is mean to do !
I've also modified a bit the scripted NPCs in Beethro Learn Painting and added a room.

I've also added secret rooms in some levels... Here is the list :

Now I'm focusing on a new level, "Fegundo Training Aera". I think I'm going to give up Master Painter and just add more rooms to the initial level Beetrho Learn Painting.

That's all for now, thank you for playing !

Architecture Salon
Do it Again
12-07-2015 at 01:25 AM
jokokoe
Fegundo Training Aera complete with 5 conquerable rooms and one secret room.
The NPC's in one of the room ( 1N ) still need to be scripted but I don't know how. I've posted a demand on "Developpement" board, I'm waiting for an anwser.

I've also improved a bit the script in some rooms of " Beetrho Learns Painting ".

Have a nice play :)

Architecture Salon
Do it Again
12-12-2015 at 12:32 PM
jokokoe
Level added called " Tiny Rooms " . Nothing really new but it makes the job.

Architecture Salon
Do it Again
12-18-2015 at 12:45 AM
Xindaris
Time for a massive post about everything, but mostly proofreading stuff!

In general, you seem to have a habit of putting a space between the last word of a sentence and punctuation. I eventually just stopped counting those in my revisions because there were so many. Just please remember that there shouldn't be a space there. For example:

"Very nice !"

Should just be...

"Very nice!"

Now for the blow-by-blow...

The Labyrinth:

Description

Original:

Suggested revision:

2N:
If intent of challenge is "kill exactly one aumtlich, then step on the conquer token, then kill the remaining aumtliches," this would do it:

The current code will award the challenge if the player kills all but one aumtlich, steps on the token, then clears the room, for example.

If that is the intent, I would rephrase the challenge as "Step on the conquer token with exactly 5 aumtliches still alive."

Rocky Archipelago:

2N1E:

The scroll here makes it sound like the player has to step on the plates at the exact same time as taking the staff, which is decidedly impossible.

Original:

Suggested revision:

Also, to make the coding for this room's challenge more robust, I would suggest Wait for Item Firetrap (active) at each of the four places there are firetraps for the buttons to open instead of waiting for specific entities on the buttons in an expected order. Even though your placement of the player and monsters on the buttons is probably the only one, people have been known to do amazing things in DROD in the past.

2N1W:

Challenge scroll, original:

Suggested revision:

You could make this challenge just "Have both seeding beacons off with one rock giant still alive." with the following code:

(_MyscriptF = 35 overrides the entity type in "Wait for entity type" so that it looks for a Rock Giant, which is what you need to do to be sure that the player hasn't just stabbed both giants and then a few golems. Setting it back to -9999 ensures everything else works correctly by not overriding anything else in the rest of the code.)

Ice and Fire:

The Entrance:
Is the scroll saying that the icy way is easier than the fire way, or just saying the player is allowed to start with the icy way? If it's saying the icy way is easier, it might say something like "I suggest you start with the icy way." to make it more clear.

Roaches Of death:
(Title capitalization should probably be "Roaches of Death" instead)

Various bits of dialogue that are scripted, in original-then-revision form:

Hungry Adder:
Like the above level...

Also, a character on the north side has dialogue using the "$frag$" variable where it looks like you may have intended it to use $frag_adder$?

Beethro Learns Painting:

The Entrance:

Original dialogue:

Suggested revised dialogue:

I did more than just grammar here, trying to make the tone of Beethro's lines sound a little more in-character for him.

1N1W:
Suggested revisions:

1N2E:
Suggested revision:

The word order matters here; your version sounds like the brush is being set on fire, while my version says that fire is being used as a brush.

Fegundo Training Aera:
You've misspelled the word "area", it should probably be "Fegundo Training Area".

1N:
It looks like you have some invisible citizens who don't do anything? If they're supposed to be visible remember to tick the "Visible" box in the bottom right corner.

1W:
Suggested revisions:

1N2W:
Suggested dialogue revision:

Let me know if you have any questions on all this.

[Last edited by Xindaris at 12-18-2015 04:43 PM]
12-18-2015 at 04:39 PM
jokokoe
Thank you very much, you are giving me a very helpful hand !

I've writen everything like you said, so I think now eveything is fine.

For the challenge in The labyrinth, I haven't changed the code but what was written in the scroll, it's now more clever.

Rocky Archipelago:

2N1E: Now if the player step on the staff token, the only way to conquer the room and escape is to activate the 4 PP's at the same time, so the code for the challenge is much more easier to write ( I've just put 9 briars instead of 1...)

2N1W: The code is working great, thank you !

Hungry Adder :

The north caracter need to usethe "frag" var and not the "frag_adder" because it is use while the player is in the square.
It let the player know how many roaches has been ate by the adder using the special command.

Fegundo Training Aera:

1N : there are two caracters invisible. I still need to code this room. What I want to do is that when the player have conquered the level, the fegundo demonstration will start.
But I need to know how to code a caracter looking like a fegundo that will turn to ash when hitting a wall or something. I've posted a demand on the " developement chanel" and I'm still waiting for an anwser.

Everything else has been changed like you said. I'm going to try to write a little description for every levels in the " level description" and I'll post what I wrote here. I may still need you help ... :D:D:D

For the Hold :

Got some ideas for the new levels : I'd like to create one that will focus on the staff, another with hote tiles everywhere. I'd also like to make a level dedicated on fluff and another one with bridges but I think it's going to be hard for the last one. I'll also make the third " battle arena" that will be almost like " Roaches of Death" but with constructs.

I had also some questions about master walls. If there is a level entrance behind master walls, does the rooms in the level need to be cleared before the master walls to open ? Or do I need the entrance of the level to be accessible then put master walls all around the entrance ? thanks !

Architecture Salon
Do it Again
12-18-2015 at 07:04 PM
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
The conditions to go through a Master Wall are:
-The hold is conquered (beaten).
-All rooms marked as secret have been conquered. They do not have to be beaten on the same save, as long as you completed each room (which includes exiting it).

The Hold Complete Wall works the same way except it only requires the first condition.

Both walls function identically to an ordinary a wall for everything except the player, regardless of whether the hold is mastered or not. Attempting to bump the wall will give an error message and won't even use up a move.
12-18-2015 at 07:33 PM
jokokoe
Here are the text I wrote for every levels :

----------------------

Hold Description :

Every years, The DAA organize the great architecture salon of the Eight where architects, but also smitemasters meet each other to discuss and compare everything related to architecture.

And this year, our beloved and bravest hero decided to take a look at it...

Rocky Archipelago :

Beethro was wondering what kind of blood was flowing in the veins of the rock golems. Or maybe they had no blood? And if they were made of steel, could he crush them with his sword? At least one thing was sure, he knew how to deal with them.

The Eye :

Beethro was feeling really embarrassed. Someone, or something, was watching him, he knew it.

Ice and Fire
:

Nothing was disconcerting for Beethro, neither the highest and coldest mountains nor the biggest, emptiest desert.

Beethro Learns Painting :

Painting is a true expression of art, the reflect of what we have in our mind, in our heart and in our flesh. The colors and the shapes form a whole, the curves express their purity. Today I will transform your sword into a brush, today begin your first painting lesson.

-1st painter.

River Crossing :

- "Why make things so complicated? They should have simply build straigh right to the other side".

- From a citizen crossing the bridge.

Holes :

We never understood why these holes were here or even what (or who?) created them. The only thing we are sure is that they are big and deep, really deep...

Fegundo Training Area :

The Surface-Avian Based Emergency Response, usually called S.A.B.ER, is a defensive system created to counter any sudent infestation. It is giving you the control of flying, almost immortal creatures nammed "Fegundo". Use with caution.

Tiny Rooms :

A lot of smitemasters are thinking that tiny rooms are always easier and quickier to conquer. They may be right, but maybe not...

-------------------------------

Well, that doesn't sound as good and poetic as I would like but I can't do better with my poor english... :blush

Architecture Salon
Do it Again
12-19-2015 at 01:22 AM
Shendy
Rank Points: 132
Ice And Fire 3E: The player can't leave the room due to the force arrow at (5,17), which is supposed to be inactivated by the orb at (31,17)
12-19-2015 at 10:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jokokoe
Fixed !

Architecture Salon
Do it Again
12-19-2015 at 11:09 AM
Page 1 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Architecture salon ((and so new hold ...))
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com