Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : Out Of The Oven (December 2022)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
IP: Logged

File: treacle stew 616x353.png (292.1 KB)
Downloaded 799 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Out Of The Oven (+6)  
Out Of The Oven

We've been holding our breath for this one... but, with a sigh of relief,

The Main Course - TREACLE STEW is PUBLISHED

Click here to view the secret text

A new Smitemasters' Selection is now available, authored by veteran architect Chaco (previously known for Smitemasters' Selection Finding the First Truth). It is themed around the Forbidden Gel element, and thereby helps fill in a chapter of Beethro's story, and some potential lore exploration of Gel.

The hold is published on all storefronts! On the Caravel site, you may buy a download credit, then with credit in hand, visit the Purchases page to download the hold. (Or, after claiming it, download it in-game with CaravelNet.)

On Steam, for consistency with past Smitemasters' Selection releases, the hold is DLC for DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder, as DROD: Smitemaster's Selection Expansion 13.

We hope you enjoy this new hold full of both gentle and fiendish puzzles alike, and the great voice acting that brings it all together. Please let us know all your thoughts and opinions on the forums; that's what they're there for!

Other Dishes

There's only been a few holds released in 2022, but each one of them has plenty of puzzle potential and careful polish applied to it. These chefs, I mean, architects, should be proud to display their works!

- Make a Good Drod Level Compilation by Xindaris, and all community contest entrants
- Rhombusland by SDK / disoriented
- Copious Devastation by MaxxSaigen / Crimson Moon
- Scrumbly Hollow by hyperme

We also have a host of other DROD _and_ DROD RPG holds still actively undergoing architecture, so stay tuned!

The Enormous Tray-Bake - Entry Point Development Continues

An extra shout-out to Nuntar and the Entry Point crew, for getting their tremendously large, tremendously great project ever-closer to completion. Their architecture is reportedly very close to finished, their epic story is fully written, and Dragon Fogel has been singlehandedly video streaming the whole thing from start to finish, offering commentary on puzzle-solving and architecture alike. Cheer them on!

The Neighbor's Main Course - The Godkiller Development Continues

A brief further shout-out to Erik Hermansen, who is continuing to live-stream further development on Godkiller Chapter 2 and onwards. The man is tireless.

Oh geez, I haven't even played Chapter 1 yet. I better get on that sometime.

- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@seespacelabs6077/videos
- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/erikh2000

The Not-Asked For Dessert

I only wish I had time to write more newsletters so I could give out more prizes.

This newsletter's Don't Ask award goes to enzi666, specifically for having the courage to try building DROD from source - an intimidating task, for sure, but every new set of eyes on the process helps. This is essentially my way of both saying "welcome back!" and "keep going, you can do it!"

enzi666, pick a free prize from the Prize Pile!

After-Dinner Chat

Alright, that's enough, I won't keep you any longer.

You're still here? OK, sure, one more thought for the road. This release is good and all, but really, I'm more looking forward to the next one, whatever that may be. The Smitemasters' Selection submission process is still open, and we could always use more candidates - so if you have an idea, put it forward, or even go forth and make it! The whole point of Smitemasters' Selections is that they come from the community.

- Chaco

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 12-12-2022 09:57 PM]
12-12-2022 at 09:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Illusionist
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 165
icon Re: Out Of The Oven (+2)  
Oh man, long time no see. The current wars were occupying my mind. Finally a news I can use :D

It's a relief to see Treacle being released - hopefully there will be some let's play, so I can show it to my frens so they can hear me in a game
01-20-2023 at 09:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
icon Re: Out Of The Oven (+3)  
ThemsAllTook started one. Here's the first video.
01-20-2023 at 10:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
Quick update: There have also been a few other Let's Plays of Treacle Stew started:

* navithmastero - Let's Play DROD - Treacle Stew (Part 1)
* Pearls - Let's Play DROD: Treacle Stew [Part 1]

Of course, if anyone else is out there also doing this, maybe off of the Steam forums or in some other community entirely, post it here so we can all see!

I'm also starting a Director's Commentary series on the hold myself, focusing mostly on the design work and references that went into the hold, but hopefully also eventually on the puzzle themes, ideas, and ways to get them done easier. Updates will be sporadic as usual, but I hope to get another episode or two done this weekend so I can start on Level One proper:

* Chaco - DROD - Treacle Stew Director's Commentary, Episode 1

[Last edited by Chaco at 02-04-2023 02:47 PM]
02-04-2023 at 02:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
navithmastero
Rank Points: 597
Sorry that there hasn't been a video posted of mine recently. I ended up being ill for an extended period through December and January (which was when I had a lot of time for DROD) and unfortunately couldn't play during that time. I'm still planning on finishing of TS but due to other commitments uploads are gonna be a little more sporadic.

One of your local HAs.

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

02-04-2023 at 08:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : Out Of The Oven (December 2022)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com