Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Collection (A collection of puzzles with a range of different themes)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.5/10 (6 votes)
σ 0.96
Author Name:navithmastero
Submitted By:navithmastero
Hold Name:Collection
Theme:A collection of puzzles with a range of different themes
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:2
Number of Rooms:66
Number of Monsters:238
Version:DROD: The Second Sky (5.0.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:1 (+1 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Collection.hold (24.5 KB)
Downloaded 360 times.
License: Other
icon Collection  
This is a collection of my favourite rooms from various attempts at holds over the last few years, all mashed together to make a single hold - enjoy!
05-18-2017 at 10:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dischorran
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3405
icon Re: Collection (+1)  
Navi "hey, listen!" Thmastero's latest work has a bunch of creative puzzles of very reasonable difficulty, which are always in demand and worth trying.

The rooms tend to be rather dark, so don't forget that alpha blending can be turned off in the settings menu and right-clicking on a tile drops a temporary light there.

05-18-2017 at 10:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2429
icon Re: Collection (0)  
Backtracking issue that made it through: It's possible to leave Puzzle Level 2E from the east before clearing it. Then you can't go back.

This could easily be fixed with a green door at the east room edge. There aren't many demos just yet and I doubt this will break any.
05-19-2017 at 07:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
navithmastero
Rank Points: 595

File: CollectionBacktrackFix.hold (24.5 KB)
Downloaded 65 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Collection (0)  
Alright, attached is an update which should hopefully fix the backtracking issue. Hopefully the CNet version of this hold will be updated soon (thanks for the help Schik :)).

One of your local HAs.

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

05-19-2017 at 05:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: Collection (+1)  
This is a nice small to mid-sized hold that I had a fun time both testing and re-playing. There's a large variety of elements and puzzle types here, and the hold definitely expects you to be familiar with some of the more involved DROD mechanics like serpent manipulation,and brain path-maps. But experienced DRODers should find it pretty approachable still.

There's also a lot of variety in terms of the kinds of rooms you'll see here. They run the gamut from classic linchpin style rooms to intense monster manipulation, and even the odd horde room here and there. That and the fact that the hold is pretty much open format means that just about anyone can pick up this hold and explore around until they find something they like.

There were a handful of rooms that were on the fiddly side, but those were mostly relegated to secret rooms and could be avoided. On the whole most rooms were quite enjoyable and the few rooms I didn't like that much were at least easy to skip. There's also a nice reward for completing the hold in the form of some rather impressive minimap art in the hub level. I'd recommend giving this one a try. Even if you decide it isn't for you, you'll probably at least be able to find a few rooms you an enjoy here.

Lastly, if you haven't already seen it, ThemsAllTook has done an LP of this hold that's worth checking out.

[Last edited by Insoluble at 06-23-2017 09:40 PM]
06-23-2017 at 09:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Collection (A collection of puzzles with a range of different themes) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com