Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : For the Sake of Succulent Burgers (Various)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.5/10 (10 votes)
σ 0.81
Author Name:navithmastero
Submitted By:navithmastero
Hold Name:For the Sake of Succulent Burgers
Theme:Various
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:6
Number of Rooms:57
Number of Monsters:420
Version:DROD: The Second Sky (5.0.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:12 (+12 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: For the Sake of Succulent Burgers.hold (3.8 MB)
Downloaded 294 times.
License: Other
icon For the Sake of Succulent Burgers  
In which Beethro Budkin must fight his way through some fairly tricky puzzle rooms to get the recipe for the ultimate roach burger!
12-26-2017 at 08:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
IP: Logged
icon Re: For the Sake of Succulent Burgers (+2)  
While it explores similar themes to collection, (the hold Navithmastero less than year before this), Succulent Burgers feels refreshingly different and in many ways more polished. The story-line is enjoyable and the hold makes use of some nice scripting features like a level map and "fast travel" script that lets you jump out of any room you have already cleared.

But more importantly most of the puzzles here are really solid. There is a good amount of variety in the hold, but each level tends to have its own thematic elements and mechanics. A lot of the rooms focus on tarstuff cutting, serpent manipulation, brain path mapping, brained serpents, and Beethro doubles. This combination of elements really lends itself to some interesting rooms that rely on some of the more involved mechanics of DROD. While I wouldn't say that having a PhD in serpent manipulation is a must, this hold is probably a lot more fun if you have a good understanding of some of these mechanics, and probably won't be as fun if you go into each room just trying to wing it. That being said, I had an absolute blast with this. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone who enjoys linchpin style puzzles and thinking through their DROD rooms.

02-07-2018 at 08:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : For the Sake of Succulent Burgers (Various) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com