Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Chronometry Confusion (Time tokens)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.7/10 (6 votes)
σ 1.11
Author Name:navithmastero
Submitted By:navithmastero
Hold Name:Chronometry Confusion
Theme:Time tokens
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:4
Number of Rooms:22
Number of Monsters:83
Version:DROD: The Second Sky (5.0.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:2 (+2 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Chronometry Confusion180709.hold (31.8 KB)
Downloaded 298 times.
License: Other
icon Chronometry Confusion  
This short hold focuses on time shuffling and comes boxed with a little story to hopefully keep you interested. Warning: contains snakes.

Permission was gained from Skell to modify TCB: Dugandy 1N1E!

Enjoy :)

-navithmastero
07-11-2018 at 09:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
navithmastero
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 596
icon Re: Chronometry Confusion (+1)  
Looks like I forgot to mention it above but big thanks to beta testers, particularly Insoluble, mauvebutterfly and Moo, for their feedback!

One of your local HAs.

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by navithmastero at 07-11-2018 06:18 PM]
07-11-2018 at 11:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: Chronometry Confusion (+3)  
Though it is the narrative follow up to last year's "Succulent Burgers", "Chronometry Confusion" is much less story focused and is a much more thematically unified and compact hold. All the rooms here focus on the more advanced, and in my opinion, interesting aspects of time tokens. You won't find much dull grindy "blind fighting" here. Instead, the rooms focus on things like disrupting the timeline, multi-pushing with timeclones, and offsetting timeclones in both time and space. Super interesting stuff, but the difficulty can get pretty intense for those not really comfortable with the more arcane aspects of time clone management.

On the whole I had a lot of fun with this hold. The difficulty is pretty uniform across the rooms, and while room titles sort of imply that difficulty should increase as you go south, I didn't actually find that to be the case. At any rate, the hold has an open layout and so you can explore the whole thing and tackle puzzles in whatever order feels right to you. The aesthetics are really nice here (make sure to have alpha blending on) and the visual design really adds to the mind twisting feel of the puzzles. Some rooms were super elegant, with 2S1E, 1S3E, 2S3E, and 3S3E all being real standouts. Those last two in particular explore some really interesting mechanics with time clones and speed potions that I don't think I've ever seen in a published hold before. All in all, a really nice small to mid sized hold that's definitely worth playing if you have any interest in time tokens.

07-13-2018 at 06:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Chronometry Confusion (Time tokens) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com