Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : JtRH is in 3.2 (Now downloadable in-game for CaravelNet users who have registered JtRH)
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
IP: Logged
icon JtRH is in 3.2 (+5)  
Good news from the desk of Danforth Strout:

The official DROD:Journey to Rooted Hold hold has been updated to work in the 3.2 game engine. Registered JtRH owners logged into CaravelNet may now download JtRH into their DROD:TCB installation from the game's Hold Management Screen. That is, you must be using the 3.2 game engine or newer and have registered your copy of DROD:JtRH to your CaravelNet user account for this option to be available.

As a bonus, purely stylistic changes have been made here and there in the hold to take advantage of the three new room styles featured in 3.0 and the new weather and lighting effects. (If you are using the TCB demo and not the full version, then the hold will appear in the default City style, as usual.)

Thanks to Schik for helping to make this all possible.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 05-16-2008 04:08 AM]
05-16-2008 at 04:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: JtRH is in 3.2 (0)  
SWEET.
*downloads just to see changes*

05-16-2008 at 04:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
JoMax
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 65
Done - and imported progress/saved games

Thanks Schik and mrimer
05-16-2008 at 05:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
icon Re: JtRH is in 3.2 (+1)  
Hey, um, Caravel guys, minor problem with the hold ending:
Click here to view the secret text

05-16-2008 at 06:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
halyavin
Rank Points: 52
Jatopian wrote:
It is because game treats main hold specially and so JtRH substituted it with credits. So you could saw this message only in the editor. It is not surprising that CaravelNet have forgotten about the message.

[Last edited by halyavin at 05-16-2008 07:16 AM]
05-16-2008 at 07:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
What a great reason to upgrade! Finally we can keep the JtRH hold on our TCB installation, and restore to its rooms whenever we want rather than booting up another copy of DROD.

Thanks, Schik! Must have been a lot of work. :)

05-16-2008 at 11:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Chaco wrote:
Thanks, Schik! Must have been a lot of work. :)
Now if only he'd post in here so we could mod him up accordingly... :)

05-16-2008 at 11:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Jatopian wrote:
Aw, man. I do need to fix that. Sorry about that. I'll get a new version to Matt that he can put on the server.

05-16-2008 at 06:30 PM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Okay, one question. When will we receive CaravelNet extensions that we were promised due to the demo service being down?
05-23-2008 at 06:17 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
coppro wrote:
Okay, one question. When will we receive CaravelNet extensions that we were promised due to the demo service being down?
Schik said he's going to take care of that pretty soon. I'm not exactly sure when. He'll probably respond if you PM him.

05-23-2008 at 03:25 PM
Monkey
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 190
How do I get JTRH for 3.2? I've got both DRODs registered, but... :(

(sorry if this was a bump/necro, but this seemed the best place to ask)

[Last edited by Monkey at 05-25-2008 08:53 PM]
05-25-2008 at 08:52 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Monkey wrote:
How do I get JTRH for 3.2? I've got both DRODs registered, but... :(
Well, I was able to download it like a regular SmS from inside TCB; if you can't maybe Schik needs to associate the JtRH hold with your account...

(sorry if this was a bump/necro, but this seemed the best place to ask)
What, after just 2 days? Are you kidding? :look

05-25-2008 at 09:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
Hint: look at the timestamp on the previous post to know if you're necroing.
05-26-2008 at 06:44 AM
AtkinsSJ
Rank Points: 107
Now, I'm probably going to sound like I'm having a right old moan, but bear with me...

The forums know which SMSs I have, without currently having Caravelnet. And yet I cannot download TCB or JtRH 3.2 in the same way, though I've bought TCB and JtRH. I just can't see why it shouldn't be possible, unless being able to get what you've already paid for is a special feature of Caravelnet. :?

Is this on purpose, an oversight, actually impossible to code, or just my browser acting up?

~ AtkinsSJ
05-26-2008 at 10:57 AM
Jatopian
TCB should be downloadable for you from the site's Downloads page. JtRH 3.2 doesn't seem to be externally downloadable yet, but since it seems to be not quite ready I expect that won't happen until it is.

05-26-2008 at 11:22 AM
AtkinsSJ
Thanks, but the point is that TCB isn't on the Downloads page, just a bunch of patches, because I don't have CaravelNet. I checked, and it doesn't appear in IE either (I use Firefox).

Presumably this is the "special download section just for CaravelNet members" mentioned on the CaravelNet page, but I really don't see this as fair.

I'll probably just end-up getting CaravelNet again at some point.
05-26-2008 at 06:56 PM
robin
Rank Points: 842
Is there a possibility to get JtRH in TCB on my other computer, a computer without internet?
(I have a laptop where I only play games on, it doesn't have internet, so I don't get crap on it.)

06-06-2008 at 08:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mrimer
robin wrote:
Is there a possibility to get JtRH in TCB on my other computer, a computer without internet?
(I have a laptop where I only play games on, it doesn't have internet, so I don't get crap on it.)
The only way you can do that is to copy your .dat files from one computer to the other.

06-06-2008 at 09:25 PM
JoMax
Rank Points: 65
mrimer wrote:
The only way you can do that is to copy your .dat files from one computer to the other.

I do this all the time to transfer my game state (holds/player/progress etc) between my laptop and desktop and find it a very effective method.

Note - doing this also transfers Game Settings, so you may have to re-assign the movement keys etc (It also transfers your CaravelNet key - but this won't affect you if you don't have an internet connection)

06-07-2008 at 02:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
robin
Thanks both, it works!

06-09-2008 at 09:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
t_z
Rank Points: 34
I'm not clear from reading these posts...
Are there plans for releasing JtRH as a downloadable .hold file in the future, thus not requiring a CaravelNet membership to install?

t_z
06-11-2008 at 06:47 PM
mrimer
t_z wrote:
Are there plans for releasing JtRH as a downloadable .hold file in the future, thus not requiring a CaravelNet membership to install?
No, there aren't any plans for this at present. (Please understand this isn't a ploy to push CaravelNet. I just don't want a JtRH hold file floating around at present.)

06-11-2008 at 07:52 PM
AtkinsSJ
mrimer wrote:
t_z wrote:
No, there aren't any plans for this at present. (Please understand this isn't a ploy to push CaravelNet. I just don't want a JtRH hold file floating around at present.)

Ah. Sorry about what I said earlier then. I can see that makes a lot of sense.
06-11-2008 at 10:34 PM
Fafnir
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 315
Jatopian wrote:
TCB should be downloadable for you from the site's Downloads page. JtRH 3.2 doesn't seem to be externally downloadable yet, but since it seems to be not quite ready I expect that won't happen until it is.
That's strange - I bought TCB when it came out, but I can't see it on the downloads page (although I do see JtRH 2.0.16 under "CaravalNet downloads"). Am I missing something here? I'd quite like to download it - I've completely moved over to Linux now, and I've got the Windows version currently installed... :(

Also, this means I've been sucked back into DROD again. Yay! :)

EDIT: I'm guessing you mean http://forum.caravelgames.com/downloads.php?

[Last edited by Fafnir at 06-11-2008 11:26 PM]
06-11-2008 at 11:14 PM
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
icon Re: JtRH is in 3.2 (+2)  
Yeah, that's the right page.

Did you activate the extra free month of CaravelNet when you bought TCB? That's also what ties it to your forum account. If you didn't do that and you still have the email, that should fix it.

Otherwise, emailing support@caravelgames.com is the way to go.
06-11-2008 at 11:35 PM
Fafnir
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 315
Yup, that did the trick - thanks!

06-11-2008 at 11:38 PM
robin
icon Re: JtRH is in 3.2 (+2)  
just mastered it! (again offcourse) :p

And, ...

:thumbsup

07-18-2008 at 05:26 PM
nabla
Rank Points: 122
I just preordered the TCB deluxe boxed set and, while at it, bought a copy of JTRH as well.

Now I can't seem to find how to register JTRH in order to link it to my caravel account. I already entered my caravel net key into JTRH, but that didn't seem to do the trick. Also there has not been any registering one-month-free-membership-link as there was with TCB.

Does anyone know what to do?
08-08-2008 at 12:27 PM
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
You should have received an email with a free month of CaravelNet for buying JtRH (that's how the registration thing works). If you didn't get one, you'll need to email support at caravelgames.com. It'd probably speed things up if you forward them whatever you did get from Plimus -- did you get a "Receipt for your Payment" email?

[Last edited by Tuttle at 08-08-2008 12:49 PM]
08-08-2008 at 12:49 PM
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1228
Tuttle wrote:
You should have received an email with a free month of CaravelNet for buying JtRH (that's how the registration thing works). If you didn't get one, you'll need to email support at caravelgames.com. It'd probably speed things up if you forward them whatever you did get from Plimus -- did you get a "Receipt for your Payment" email?

A receipt is not needed if you supply the email address you bought the game with. Both options are perfectly OK, and it doesn't really matter which one you choose. Both will be answered in the same time, because both methods are easy to look up for the support staff.
08-08-2008 at 04:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : JtRH is in 3.2 (Now downloadable in-game for CaravelNet users who have registered JtRH)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com