Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : One-Way Wubbas (Unintuitive at the least)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
hartleyhair
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 307
IP: Logged
icon One-Way Wubbas (0)  
I've come across a phenomenon that seems odd to me: monster and Slayer player roles cannot kill Wubbas by stepping on them, yet player role Wubbas are killed by monsters and Slayer bodies stepping on them (though not by swords, of course).

Is this intended? It seems unintuitive at least.

[Last edited by hartleyhair at 11-13-2007 08:51 PM]
11-13-2007 at 08:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: One-Way Wubbas (0)  
One of many inconsistencies involving player role. Hopefully they will revamp this stuff in a patch at some point.

11-13-2007 at 11:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
schep
Rank Points: 865
VIPCOOL wrote:
I think that monster player roles shouldn't be able to step on the wubba, but slayer player role should.
Really? My vote would be to change it so nothing, not even slayers, can step on a wubba player. If hooks and swords don't bother it, what's a spiked body suit going to do?
Jatopian wrote: One of many inconsistencies involving player role. Hopefully they will revamp this stuff in a patch at some point.
That's not so helpful. Please do mention specific problems as you encounter them. There's the lack of aumtlich beams, of course, but that would be the hardest change, and the absence is maybe partly intentional. Is there a list of some unresolved Player Role issues I haven't seen or have forgotten?

[Last edited by schep at 12-01-2007 11:27 PM]
12-01-2007 at 11:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
schep wrote:
Is there a list of some unresolved Player Role issues I haven't seen or have forgotten?
There's this, although it strays into feature request territory (hence the forum it's in).

12-01-2007 at 11:46 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
schep wrote:
VIPCOOL wrote:
I think that monster player roles shouldn't be able to step on the wubba, but slayer player role should.
Really? My vote would be to change it so nothing, not even slayers, can step on a wubba player. If hooks and swords don't bother it, what's a spiked body suit going to do?
I concur.
Jatopian wrote: One of many inconsistencies involving player role. Hopefully they will revamp this stuff in a patch at some point.
That's not so helpful. Please do mention specific problems as you encounter them. There's the lack of aumtlich beams, of course, but that would be the hardest change, and the absence is maybe partly intentional.
Yes, implementing a player aumtlich beam was an intentional coding omission. No reason not to add a scripting option to enable one in a future patch, though.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
12-03-2007 at 10:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
I for one would love to see the ability to asplode as a fegundo and the ability to cast beams.

An fegundo asplosion can be coded in, but it isn't straightforward compared to a beam, I think.
12-03-2007 at 11:22 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Sillyman
Rank Points: 339
Player monster powers should take the place of a sword and be toggled using the same mechanism. (Simple hold version check for backward compatibility)

[Last edited by Sillyman at 12-06-2007 09:09 PM]
12-06-2007 at 09:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
Sillyman wrote:
Player monster powers should take the place of a sword and be toggled using the same mechanism.

If you mean the Arm/Disarm token, I disagree, since that token can still take away/give back the swords of mimics and decoys, which have swords (even if the current player role does not)

12-06-2007 at 09:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
schep
Rank Points: 865
icon Re: One-Way Wubbas (+1)  
Okay, Player Role Wubba and Player Role Fegundo will now be invulnerable to monsters and weapons.

[Last edited by schep at 12-08-2007 03:54 AM]
12-08-2007 at 03:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sillyman
Rank Points: 339
Oh fine. But the script command "Set Player Sword" should turn on/off wubba invincibility, fegundo explosiveness, brain helping stalwarts (They sorely need it), spawners spawning friendly monsters, and aumtlich beams.

12-09-2007 at 05:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
hartleyhair
Rank Points: 307
Sillyman wrote:
Oh fine. But the script command "Set Player Sword" should turn on/off wubba invincibility, fegundo explosiveness, brain helping stalwarts (They sorely need it), spawners spawning friendly monsters, and aumtlich beams.

Nah. Power tokens should, if anything.

12-09-2007 at 06:06 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : One-Way Wubbas (Unintuitive at the least)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com