Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Holds Al Dente (Our Contest for October.)
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
IP: Logged
icon Re: Holds Al Dente (0)  
Yeah, the author's name might be 'mr. no-one' or something, so you could get your anonymity that way.

10-22-2006 at 07:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Krissan
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 89
Hmm, for what time zone does the deadline apply?

10-22-2006 at 10:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
icon Re: Holds Al Dente (+1)  
It applies for the time zone that you set in your profile.

10-22-2006 at 10:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Lst6
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 211
There is a special tag in this forum that adjusts the given time in GMT to your timezone, so the time you see in your post is the time it ends in the timezone you have put on the profile.

Edit: whoops, post collision.

Things related to the Bar:
Click here to view the secret text

Working on: NOTHING
Accomplishments i'm proud of:
-Solving the bar riddle

[Last edited by Lst6 at 10-22-2006 10:26 AM]
10-22-2006 at 10:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Krissan
Hey, that's really great!

It looks like I will have my hold ready just in time for the contest. Just three more rooms to build and then balancing/bugtesting.

10-22-2006 at 11:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
Did you downloaded my entry yet? Or will you check them when the submission time ends?

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

10-22-2006 at 03:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Krissan
There, just submitted my entry. I'm satisfied, considering I started making it... like friday? Also, it's my first hold.

I'm currently in an exam period, so this has been a nice escape from the books. Guess I should return to them now...

10-22-2006 at 04:51 PM
schep
Rank Points: 865
Jeff_Ray... wrote:
Did you downloaded my entry yet? Or will you check them when the submission time ends?
Since the rules allow for replacing holds with updates up to the deadline, I'd imagine Matt won't bother downloading most until the deadline comes around. Then again, it sounded like he had tried some of the earlier ones out just to see how things were going.

Also, my eager anticipation is mounting. Got my fork and napkin all ready.

[Last edited by schep at 10-22-2006 07:04 PM]
10-22-2006 at 06:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
We're up to, what, probably around 20 submissions? So we're looking at 20 hours of DROD playing, or, roughly, one floor of Perfection...:-)

I must say I'm looking forward to seeing the submissions.
10-22-2006 at 10:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Krissan
Tahnan wrote:
We're up to, what, probably around 20 submissions? So we're looking at 20 hours of DROD playing, or, roughly, one floor of Perfection...:-)

I must say I'm looking forward to seeing the submissions.

Perfection for the win!

I'm sitting here, studying for an exam. I guess the holds will be available right after the deadline at 02.00? Just two more hours before I can go...

10-22-2006 at 10:40 PM
techant
Rank Points: 854
I got mine in even though I tried to take a vacation and then got sick and then whatever..... :) I got it up.

20 hours no for all these excellent players it will take them half the time at the most to blast through these moderate holds. So that is only 10 hours - we do that in a few days of regular play admit it all.

My question is when excellent players play moderate holds how will they know they are moderate rather than too easy? Do they measure the boredom factor? :lol

10-23-2006 at 02:02 AM
Mattcrampy
Okay, entries are closed. I shall endeavour to get the voting topic up in the next couple of hours.

10-23-2006 at 03:00 AM
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
techant wrote:
My question is when excellent players play moderate holds how will they know they are moderate rather than too easy? Do they measure the boredom factor? :lol
I guess part of the challenge of this contest is to design a hold that experienced and inexperienced players alike will enjoy... :)

10-23-2006 at 03:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Krissan
Well, time for me to go to bed. I'll check out the holds tomorrow. Just found out that my new computer (I'm going laptop) was shipped last week and should arrive sometime tomorrow.

With these holds and the new computer, my exam is going straight down the drain... O:-

10-23-2006 at 03:15 AM
Tahnan
Oh, great, now I'm waiting for a post with the Al Dente holds and a post explaining Erik's posts. (Which I already love.)
10-23-2006 at 07:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Tahnan wrote:
Oh, great, now I'm waiting for a post with the Al Dente holds and a post explaining Erik's posts. (Which I already love.)
The abbreviation screams "Grand Audition 2" to me. The content of the posts supports this theory as well.

edit: Haha! "Take this Raygun" :lol This'll be awesome.

[Last edited by Doom at 10-23-2006 07:47 AM]
10-23-2006 at 07:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Tahnan wrote:

Same here.

:(
10-23-2006 at 07:44 AM
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
Doom wrote:
Tahnan wrote:
The abbreviation screams "Grand Audition 2" to me. The content of the posts supports this theory as well.

There's a ray-gun in TCB?!
10-23-2006 at 07:47 AM
Tahnan
Doom wrote:
Tahnan wrote:

edit: Haha! "Take this Raygun" :lol This'll be awesome.

Oooooh, cool.

(And yeah, I didn't miss the raygun reference. Quite amused.)
10-23-2006 at 07:52 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Tahnan wrote:

DUDE! I can't belive I didn't know about this till now.
10-23-2006 at 08:04 AM
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
10-23-2006 at 08:43 AM
Mattcrampy
Thread redundancy!

10-23-2006 at 09:38 AM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
So, are all these one-hour holds going to *actually* be compiled into one hold? They've been compiled into one folder, yes, but you still have to import each one manually.

Of course, this defeats the purpose of level statistics timing, but those of us after the contest who still want to play these will want to download one hold, and perhaps take their leisurely time through it.

10-23-2006 at 12:00 PM
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Holds Al Dente (Our Contest for October.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com