Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Call for Films. (Post your film to be included in part two of the contest.) This topic has been locked
New Topic New Poll
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon Call for Films. (0)  
The second part of the contest will begin early next month. In this part, people will record audio parts for films. If you've made a film that you want to be included in the contest, you should post it here. You could even make a new film in the next few days and add it if you wanted, as long as it follows the original rules for Film Festival entries. The contest will be rating actor's performances, but all film authors will receive an amount of rank points based on how well actors in their films were rated. That system will be detailed later.

If you want your film to be used in this upcoming contest, it should be posted here with anyone-edit permissions by...

Local Time:09-05-2005 at 01:00 AM

You can update your hold and make as many revisions as you like, but in that case, just remove the attachment of your original post and add in the new one. In this way, there will always be one version of your hold available and confusion will be minimized. After the post deadline, we will freeze the holds so that no more revisions will be allowed. If you've got a working hold now, I recommend posting it here now regardless of whether you want to update it or not. This way we can quickly see what's available. Honestly, I think everyone who entered a film into the festival should be putting their film here in this post. There's no extra work for you (beyond making the post itself), and it's just a way of expressing consent to use your work.

I'm not going to describe the exact mechanics of how actors end up on different films yet, but it will work out such that one actor gets one film (he has to record all parts in the hold and edit them into the hold himself) and that probably every film will have parts recorded for it no matter what its popularity is. So don't feel that your film won't be chosen by actors, and it's pointless to enter it. No, the system I have in mind should put an actor on every film.

A few filmmakers in our last contest have learned a second language, English, at some point in their lives and that certainly is admirable. And they have a few glitches in their usage here and there. Actors will be allowed to make corrections to their spoken lines, whether it be to fix grammar or just to make lines that sound more natural to them. However, the text in the holds will be left as-is after the film submission deadline. So if an actor chooses to change his lines, then it won't match the original. And if the actor embellishes and rewrites too liberally, he might get some bad ratings from voters.

-Erik

08-30-2005 at 01:33 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds
vylycyn
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 486

File: The Showroom.hold (15 KB)
Downloaded 73 times.
License: Other
icon Re: Call for Films. (+1)  
I'd be happy to supply my film for this contest.

08-30-2005 at 02:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645

File: DROD Film Festival Entry.hold (7.5 KB)
Downloaded 70 times.
Oh dearie me

I appear to have edited this message

how odd :o

perhaps something else has changed as well?

[Last edited by Banjooie at 08-30-2005 07:02 PM]
08-30-2005 at 06:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594

File: 1 Squeeton Swicks.hold (22.4 KB)
Downloaded 67 times.
Ill also supply a film.

[Last edited by MeckMeck GRE at 08-30-2005 09:17 AM]
08-30-2005 at 09:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708

File: Goblin Skool.hold (3.3 KB)
Downloaded 67 times.
I don't know if it'll be useful, but in case anyone wants it - here's Goblin Skool.

(This version is the same as the one I posted earlier).

08-30-2005 at 12:32 PM
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
You can use mine also (I'm pretty sure it was anyone edit, but if not, get back to me).

08-30-2005 at 03:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds
ErikH2000
icon Re: Call for Films. (0)  
Banjooie wrote:
I'm assuming we don't need the demo?
If your hold requires a demo, then please attach it too.

-Erik

08-30-2005 at 04:46 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226

File: Fairy Tale SE.hold (11.1 KB)
Downloaded 71 times.
! Here's my film. !

[Last edited by Doom at 09-01-2005 04:43 PM]
08-30-2005 at 05:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds
Znirk
Rank Points: 613

File: 9 agdi.hold (6.2 KB)
Downloaded 64 times.
Duh. I was waiting to get home so I could post my film, but now I finally worked out I can just download it from the other thread and backupload it here ...
08-30-2005 at 05:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts
ErikH2000
One thing some of you guys might want to try--mark your demo so that it is shown from the title screen. Then when you export your hold, it will export the hold as well and everything will be in one neat little file. The viewer would then import the hold and choose "Watch Demo" from the title screen. Easy.

-Erik

08-30-2005 at 06:42 PM
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911

File: Beethros Trial.hold (7.1 KB)
Downloaded 66 times.
Here's my "film".
08-31-2005 at 02:02 PM
ErikH2000
There's less than 2 days until the deadline for submitting films. Think how cool it will be to have people recording lines for your story! Maybe you've got a spare hour or so this weekend to put something together.

Also, I hope that everyone who already created a film for the Film Festival contest has had a chance to consider making their film available for the quickly approaching September contest.

-Erik

09-03-2005 at 06:34 AM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838

File: The Flood (Film Hold).zip (39 KB)
Downloaded 60 times.
Oop!

I almost forgot!

Attached is our entry.

09-03-2005 at 11:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds
techant
Rank Points: 854

File: Open Mike Nite.hold (5.6 KB)
Downloaded 59 times.
Sorry missed the deadline. But then my film was ranked at the bottom so I don't think anyone will miss it.:blush

I hope to still try entering this contest though. :w00t

[Last edited by techant at 09-05-2005 08:31 AM]
09-05-2005 at 08:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts
techant
Rank Points: 854

File: Open Mike Nite.demo (792 bytes)
Downloaded 61 times.
techant wrote:
Sorry missed the deadline. But then my film was ranked at the bottom so I don't think anyone will miss it.:blush

I hope to still try entering this contest though. :w00t

I think this is past the deadline but I wasn't blocked so I also added the demo.

09-05-2005 at 08:32 AM
ErikH2000
I'm glad you posted your's, and we'll use it. Since posting your hold isn't part of the contest proper, I don't need to be terribly strict about the deadline here. But today I'll post the new contest announcement, and that will definitely be the end of allowing new holds. Probably we got everybody here that wanted to enter a hold now and it doesn't matter anyway.

-Erik

09-05-2005 at 08:14 PM
ErikH2000
I'm now locking this topic. No new films can be added or revisions to existing films made. If there is something really important to add/change, just e-mail me about it and we'll see what can be done.

-Erik

09-05-2005 at 10:09 PM
New Topic New Poll
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Call for Films. (Post your film to be included in part two of the contest.) This topic has been locked
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com