Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : A Roach in Oil (A DROD themed oil painting.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
vylycyn
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 486
IP: Logged

File: oilroach.jpg (216.8 KB)
Downloaded 340 times.
License: Public Domain
icon A Roach in Oil (+11)  
I happen to be taking a painting class this semester, and while trying to come up with ideas of what to paint, my thoughts returned to DROD(as usual).
Because of how much I liked the 3D model, I decided to try painting the roach from this thread.
The painting is done in oil paints on a 20x24 inch(50.8x60.96cm)canvas.

<-- A photo of the painting is attached here.

-vylycyn

12-04-2005 at 11:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: A Roach in Oil (0)  
Man, that is awesome! Are you sure you want to attach it as public domain? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but just making sure.

-Erik

12-04-2005 at 11:44 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
vylycyn
Rank Points: 486
icon Re: A Roach in Oil (+2)  
Yeah, the public domain is intentional. If someone wants to do something with a photo of my painting I'm not going to stop them.

12-04-2005 at 11:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
vylycyn wrote:
Yeah, the public domain is intentional. If someone wants to do something with a photo of my painting I'm not going to stop them.
Alright, I'm going to use it for something then. I don't know what yet, but something.

-Erik

12-05-2005 at 12:06 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1908
icon Nice roach art (0)  
Nice job!

I love cool DROD art :yes
12-05-2005 at 12:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: A Roach in Oil (+2)  
Ack! I accidentally used the scroll button on my mouse to zoom in really fast on the face. It totally freaked me out! Good job!

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-05-2005 at 12:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Yellow_Mage
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 267
Excellent painting! Viciously dog-like.

Click here to view the secret text

12-05-2005 at 01:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Leus
Rank Points: 204
Nice. I like it.

12-07-2005 at 10:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Looks perfect for a SS case. o_O
12-07-2005 at 05:11 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
techant
Rank Points: 854
Wow!!

Really good job. Did you get an A+ ?

01-17-2006 at 02:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Stuwy
Rank Points: 212
Kick ass picture man, it's good to finaly see some fresh new fan-art. Especially when it's good too, that's a bonus!
01-17-2006 at 05:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Rank Points: 432
icon Re: A Roach in Oil (+1)  
Awesome! I totally love it.
Oneiromancer wrote:
Ack! I accidentally used the scroll button on my mouse to zoom in really fast on the face. It totally freaked me out! Good job!

Game on,
I once made the computer made one my screen saver and I was up late and closed a window I was using to turn the pc off. I forgot I made it the screen saver and it scared me out of my socks! Boy was I not tired after that, unable to sleep that night! :lol

[Last edited by rowrow at 01-17-2006 05:33 AM]
01-17-2006 at 05:32 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : A Roach in Oil (A DROD themed oil painting.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com