Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : TCB Style Example
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
vylycyn
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 486
IP: Logged

File: TCB Volcano.zip (472.6 KB)
Downloaded 255 times.
License: Public Domain
icon TCB Style Example (+7)  
This is a TCB version of my Volcano style. The original can be found in this thread.

If you toss the contents of this zip file into your bitmaps folder for TCB, it should replace the City style.

04-04-2007 at 01:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381

File: Volcano.dmf (478.5 KB)
Downloaded 242 times.
License: Other
icon Re: TCB Style Example (+2)  
That's an awesome style, vylycyn.

Attached (with permission) is the style in DMF format, so people can install it along side the existing styles. To do so, go to Build, then click Manage under the Room Style listbox.

04-04-2007 at 01:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Sergenth
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 296
icon Re: TCB Style Example (+1)  
It is great to see the styles pop into TCB this easily!

Looking real nice, vylycyn! Fits in well with all of the new goodies too. :thumbsup

I'm now looking forward to the upcoming and imminent style explosion!!
04-04-2007 at 05:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: TCB Style Example (0)  
vylycyn - just to confirm that you meant to release this to the public domain (since people might want to embed this in holds, and it'd be good if they know if they need to explicitly ask permission or whether there's blanket permission).

[Last edited by eytanz at 04-04-2007 06:18 AM]
04-04-2007 at 06:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
eytanz wrote:
vylycyn - just to confirm that you meant to release this to the public domain (since people might want to embed this in holds, and it'd be good if they know if they need to explicitly ask permission or whether there's blanket permission).
Permission isn't needed to use it in your hold as a room style, since the actual images aren't embedded, only the style name. You have to import the style separately.

It might be good to know about the explicit "license" anyway, though, if people want to make modifications or just include parts of it as an image floor/wall/pit.

04-04-2007 at 10:42 AM
vylycyn
icon Re: TCB Style Example (+1)  
Yeah, that's definitely intentional. It's released into the public domain, just like most of my artwork that I wasn't paid for. If I have no intention of making money off of something, I see no reason not to let other people use it freely.

[Last edited by vylycyn at 08-31-2020 09:46 PM]
04-04-2007 at 11:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
I don't suppose an explanation of what dmf format is and how to make files in that format is in order? :)

04-04-2007 at 11:31 AM
vylycyn

File: TCB SanctumTwo.zip (1 MB)
Downloaded 134 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: TCB Style Example (+4)  
DMF stands for DROD Media format. If you make a style, add the files to your bitmap directory, and modify the drod.ini file changing the bottom of the [Graphics] section to look something like:
SanctumTwo=SanctumTwo
Style=Aboveground;City;Deep Spaces;Fortress;Foundation;Iceworks;SanctumTwo
It should add your style to your game. Then go to the editor, click the manage button over on the right, and you should be able to import DMF files and export your created style as a DMF.

Also, here is the Sanctum 2 style. This time the DMF is inside the zip.

[Last edited by vylycyn at 04-04-2007 11:49 AM]
04-04-2007 at 11:48 AM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Is there supposed to be a lot of black boxes in the Volcano style? It looks kind of weird.
04-04-2007 at 02:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
Rank Points: 468
The obstacles in Volcano and Sanctum 2 aren't the same as the one in City. Intentional?

Keep posting,

04-04-2007 at 08:56 PM
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
vylycyn wrote:
Also, here is the Sanctum 2 style. This time the DMF is inside the zip.
Shouldn't that be "Sanctum 3"?

04-05-2007 at 02:58 AM
The Architest
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 254
When there will be RPG version of Volcano style? :?
01-22-2009 at 12:07 PM
vylycyn
icon Re: TCB Style Example (+2)  
mxvladi wrote:
The Architest wrote:
When there will be RPG version of Volcano style? :?

Never, I think. vylycyn doesn't seem to be active nowadays.

unless someone who can make mods will somehow get permission from vylycyn to make RPG-version of volcano style

I probably won't bother to convert my styles to 44x44 size tiles, but if anyone else wanted they are more than welcome to. Not that they need my permission anyway, as the styles are in public domain.

Oh, and I'm here alright, I'm just not very talkative (or writative).

[Last edited by vylycyn at 08-31-2020 09:45 PM]
01-23-2009 at 12:32 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : TCB Style Example
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com