Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Look! Links! (For posting cool links for all to see)
<<51525354
Page 55 of 55
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Garlonuss
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 264
IP: Logged
icon Re: Look! Links! (+2)  
Okay, so this is shameless self promotion, but I've been working on this project for a little over 5 months.

I've been working on a Scooby-Doo parody called Skunky Mutt and the Puzzle Posse. I got the idea a good while back when a couple characters of my MisFitZ cartoons mentioned watching shows called Skunky Mutt and the Puzzle Posse and Professor Y (a take on Doctor Who).

Anyway, it's been a lot of work and I figured I'd share it with as many people as I could. It's called Skunky Mutt and the Puzzle Posse: The Blackwater Beast

(Fair warning, though. While my MisFitZ animations typically ran no longer than 5-7 minutes, this new one runs almost 24 minutes long.)

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Garlonuss at 04-23-2014 04:31 PM]
04-23-2014 at 04:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1172
icon Re: Look! Links! (+1)  
Look! Here's a huge list of links that are worth checking out!

04-23-2014 at 08:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Vike91
Rank Points: 217
icon Re: Look! Links! (0)  
quote:
stigant wrote:

:tongue

04-23-2014 at 09:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1613
quote:
stigant wrote:

I

I'm dying
04-24-2014 at 06:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Vike91
This happens every single time I shave.

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Vike91 at 04-26-2014 11:55 AM]
04-26-2014 at 11:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1160
Legend of Zelda is cheat proof

05-31-2014 at 01:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2322
quote:
DiMono wrote:
Legend of Zelda is cheat proof

Welcome to the world of Pseudorandom number generators.

05-31-2014 at 05:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 790
What are you going to do today? (With Jellybeans!)

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
07-01-2014 at 05:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 790
This picture getting drawn has to be one of the most captivating videos I've ever seen. Didn't much care for the commentary, though.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
07-29-2014 at 08:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
navithmastero
Rank Points: 220
If you ever have some spare time I'd recommend watching God on Trial. 'God on Trial is a 2008 BBC/WGBH Boston television play written by Frank Cottrell Boyce, starring Antony Sher, Rupert Graves and Jack Shepherd. The play takes place in Auschwitz during World War II. The Jewish prisoners put God on trial in absentia for abandoning the Jewish people. The question is if God has broken his covenant with the Jewish people by allowing the Nazis to commit genocide.'

It asks and raises some interesting philosophical questions and is generally a good watch, if quite heavy.

WARNING: Contains buzz words.

-nm
10-21-2014 at 09:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
azb
Rank Points: 167
Death Illustrated is a good game, if old (2003-2002) and abandoned. The singleplayer campaign is worth checking out, because even though there are few maps (about 35, 2 of which are blank) these are levels sure to last you a lifetime, no matter how scarce.

Multiplayer (because it is abandoned) doesn't work (no servers), but if you could set up your own server, you could get people to play DI again for sure.

On singleplayer modes, 19 levels are Campaign, the other (about 16) are Deathmatch.

Be warned... on some computers like mine directly clicking "Death Illustrated" doesn't work, and instead click "death.bat".

It's completely free, you don't have to pay at all.

04-18-2015 at 10:07 PM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1160
Caution: shameless self-promotion ahead

I have a Twitch stream. A while ago, I started playing through the Myst series on stream. I finished 1-3, but I had to stop at Myst IV because the visuals were choppy and I couldn't figure out a way to fix it. I believe I've figured it out now, and I'm planning to pick up where I left off: at the very beginning of Myst IV. I'll be starting in about 3 hours, at noon Eastern Time.

If you'd like to join me in my stream, it's at http://twitch.tv/thedimono and I'm planning to stream there every Sunday at that time - when I finish Myst IV I'll be moving on to another puzzle game, and so on.

08-23-2015 at 02:03 PM
Vike91
Look! I'm streaming!

http://www.twitch.tv/vikester

edit: streaming over. I'll inform later of the next streaming time.

[Last edited by Vike91 at 01-08-2016 01:22 AM]
01-07-2016 at 11:56 PM
averagemoe
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 81
Well if anything goes here, I'll link to a flash animation that's been just like a flash animation to me. (You'll get that joke about 3 1/2 minutes into it.)

01-23-2016 at 06:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2322
I know that by internet age it's super old, but my wife just shown me The Coconut Song and it's so awesome I can't not share :D.

05-27-2016 at 09:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
superluminal
Rank Points: 52
I stumbled across this today: A poem on AI rights.

Pretty fun read!

06-14-2016 at 01:45 AM
superluminal
Rank Points: 52
Racing for Rupees!

Hands down, one of the best (non-Pixar) animations I've ever seen.

07-02-2016 at 10:03 PM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3091
Project Euler

This came up in DROD chat a few times - it's essentially a collection of math puzzles about number properties, or in some cases geometry. For example, you might be asked to find the index of the first Fibonacci number with 1000 digits, or figure out whether each of a thousand triangles contains the origin or not.

A surprisingly large number of them are solvable just with paper and pencil, but since several of them involve very large numbers, very large data-sets, or both, you're generally encouraged to do some programming to have your computer help you out with searching for the answer.

This combination of mathematical deduction, to reduce the size of your search space, and clever programming to efficiently search said space, or do the computations in a straightforward manner, means that solving any one single puzzle is quite an accomplishment.

Anyway, here's my friend key in case you want to share progresses:

743381_VkXHaIiXuipT7mwLRNssohIBZLm6ZJ8m

03-24-2017 at 02:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pekka
Rank Points: 266

This video has some video previews of technical papers from SIGGRAPH 2017. It's good for a brief glimpse into recent computer graphics research. It's 3m 11s.
05-07-2017 at 07:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pekka
Rank Points: 266
Pedro Medeiros ( https://twitter.com/saint11 ) creates frequent pixel art tutorials and post them on his Twitter feed. They feature a variety of pixel art specific techniques and more general animation techniques.

Here is a link for an advanced search that shows just the tweets with the #tutorial hashtag. Search results.

They are also freely viewable on his Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/saint11/posts?tag=tutorial
06-07-2017 at 06:41 AM
<<51525354
Page 55 of 55
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Look! Links! (For posting cool links for all to see)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com