Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Devilishly Dangerous Dungeons of Doom : Wide Wet Wintery Waters : 1 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Pinnacle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1129
IP: Logged
icon Devilishly Dangerous Dungeons of Doom : Wide Wet Wintery Waters : 1 West (0)  
I can get all the monsters into the 3x3 square in the center, but I can't kill the queen.
Assumed solution:
Click here to view the secret text

1 and 3-5 are trivial, but I can't for the life of me keep the queen on the hot tile.
Detailed instructions would be appreciated.

07-29-2008 at 09:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
icon Re: Devilishly Dangerous Dungeons of Doom : Wide Wet Wintery Waters : 1 West (+2)  

-Noah

My stuff:

07-29-2008 at 10:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
icon Re: Devilishly Dangerous Dungeons of Doom : Wide Wet Wintery Waters : 1 West (+1)  
Another little hint...

07-29-2008 at 11:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
icon Re: Devilishly Dangerous Dungeons of Doom : Wide Wet Wintery Waters : 1 West (+1)  
False hint! If you want, I can PM you my demo that doesn't step on the trapdoor section.

07-30-2008 at 01:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
calamarain
icon Re: Devilishly Dangerous Dungeons of Doom : Wide Wet Wintery Waters : 1 West (0)  
Really? My intended solution involved stepping on one of the trapdoors. Clearly you've found another!

07-30-2008 at 01:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Rank Points: 1129
icon Re: Devilishly Dangerous Dungeons of Doom : Wide Wet Wintery Waters : 1 West (0)  
NoahT's solution doesn't require stepping on a trapdoor either.

07-30-2008 at 01:41 AM
robin
Rank Points: 842
I've got the position of Golem, WW, Wubba.
But I don't seem to get the queen killed :(

EDIT: never mind, thanks anyway (post-for-help-and-found-solution-syndrome)

[Last edited by robin at 08-05-2008 01:05 AM]
08-05-2008 at 01:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
bodkin
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 26
Could anyone please help? I can't see the room picture NoahT put up - even though I'm logged in. (It must just be a bad day.)

Could you give it to me as - - M etc.. I'm just going round in circles. (I don't have any mod points, so I'm afraid it will have to be without earthly reward.)
10-19-2008 at 06:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
calamarain
Alright. For my intended solution - you have to get the monsters into the following position...

G = Golem or Wubba
R = Roach Queen
W = Wraithwing
G..
RW.
G..

with the wraithwing on the hot tile. Then, take a step forward onto the trapdoor. The wraithwing will move forward, and then the roach queen will too. And then burn on the hot tile.

Then just use the decoy to kill the wraithwing and splat the golem on the hot tile. It helps to use the wraithwing if you need to pin the G's in place temporarily while you arrange this.

If you're still stuck after this hint I can post a demo. I realise this is different from the previously posted one, but this is the solution I know :)

[Last edited by calamarain at 10-19-2008 06:31 PM]
10-19-2008 at 06:29 PM
bodkin
Rank Points: 26
Thank you Calamarain, that worked brilliantly. I had that set-up a few times, but couldn't see that I could step forward onto the red tiles.
10-19-2008 at 07:15 PM
balanemate
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
Then just use the decoy to kill the wraithwing and splat the golem on the hot tile. It helps to use the wraithwing if you need to pin the G's in place temporarily while you arrange this.

If you're still stuck after this hint I can post a demo. I realise this is different from the previously posted one, but this is the solution I know :)

i do not get it - how to kill WW with decoy? I can't put it inside arrows box where WW is stuck... Post a demo, please :)
11-07-2008 at 11:23 AM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
balanemate wrote:
i do not get it - how to kill WW with decoy? I can't put it inside arrows box where WW is stuck... Post a demo, please :)

Yes you can. Decoys can be placed on hot tiles. (They'll burn up the next turn, but they'll still stab things.)

11-07-2008 at 11:29 AM
balanemate
Rank Points: 14
Yes you can. Decoys can be placed on hot tiles.

damn it, i had pile of burned rocks on the oven :)

thanks a lot
11-07-2008 at 11:36 AM
Alberttox2
Rank Points: 4
icon Re: Devilishly Dangerous Dungeons of Doom : Wide Wet Wintery Waters : 1 West (-3)  
Room image not avaiabe?

:~( :weep

how to kill gueen? :unsure

[Last edited by Alberttox2 at 01-04-2010 07:55 AM]
01-02-2010 at 09:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TheLaughingMan
Rank Points: 22
icon Re: Devilishly Dangerous Dungeons of Doom : Wide Wet Wintery Waters : 1 West (-1)  
Alberttox2 wrote:
Room image not avaiabe?

:~( :weep

how to kill gueen? :unsure
:? LOLWUT

05-16-2010 at 11:58 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Devilishly Dangerous Dungeons of Doom : Wide Wet Wintery Waters : 1 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com