Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Pre-August Contest (RPG Game)
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
IP: Logged
icon Pre-August Contest (+2)  
Because the next game is swiftly approaching coppro had asked me to construct a fourm based RPG game. I hope that this will serve as a close representation of what the game will actually turn out to be.[*yeah, except for the RTS-RT part -- mrimer] But as it is we want to make sure that everyone knows haw to play and that there is no bugs in the rules. So everyone can go over these rules. Ask questions, pose situations or give suggestions. (Although I don't know if I'll change it if there is nothing wrong with it)

The DROD RTS

Without the RT bit, 'cuz that isn't, y'know, DROD

Welcome to the DROD RTS, a Massively Multiplayer Forum Strategy Game (an unpronouncable acronym for short). Each of you is a potential general, destined to rule the Eighth (or the fictional infinite-size battleground that we claim is in the Eighth, anyway). Signing up is simple, playing is not. Read on..

The Basic Rules

Each of you is a single general, commanding massive armies of monsters and men. You have captured a small village that has a small number of serfs living in it. This will constitute your income and production (or acquiring of units). You will start with a basic income of 500 greckles per week (a day begins and ends at 12:00 GMT , for some game effects that rely on weeks, the week goes Monday-Sunday). These carry over, so do not worry about posting every day! Each day, you also gain a number of special resources, which you can use for specific tasks (more on this below). You can use your greckles to do many tasks, the most important of which is the purchase of units.

Units (mostly monsters) all have different stats, and these may interact in very interesting ways. Some units may also be given upgrades which has special rules. Units also require upkeep – a fee you must pay from your earnings each day/week (depending on the unit). Upkeep is optional, but if you don't (or can't) pay it, you lose all the units you cannot pay for. Some upkeeps are fractional in cost – that's okay. Always remember it's 1000 grubbles to the greckle. every other day upkeeps come directly out of your income – you cannot used saved money to pay for every other day upkeeps, unfortunately. A unit may not be used until its first upkeep is paid.

You will also be given two Glorthorred researchers to start. Each day, the researchers can work on developing one new technology. Technologies will take a certain number of researcher-days to complete, as well as having a maximum amount of researchers that can participate on the task at a time. It will also cost money to research a technology – this is usually a one-time fee. This one time fee is applied at the end of the research. You may reassign researchers to a new task at any time, however, if the task is already started, they will make no progress the first day as they get used to it. In addition, all tasks will require upkeep fees in order to retain the knowledge about them if they are not yet complete.

Negotiators are required for the hiring of thinking units, and work in the same way as researchers.

Uncollected resources, such as researcher-days and income, may only be kept for one week (note: if income is lost, it will be assumed to pay for upkeep, unless this is not possible, in which case units will automatically be lost starting from the highest-upkeep units). Once a resource has been collected (by making a post for the day), the depletion rate depends on the resource. Greckles may be kept in treasury indefinitely, but researcher-days must be spent on the day of their acquisition. It is important to note that the week backlog exists only as an artificial construct – you must still take and use the resources as if you had posted every day of the week.

You will all begin with a small fighting brigade of 10 roaches.

Fighting

Your units have to be organized into battle squadron. A battle squadron has to have at least one thinking unit to instruct your non-thinkers. Each battle squadron can have up to 25 units. (You, the commander, will count as a thinking unit- and therefore you can have one squadron that does not have a thinking unit.) Thinkers will be negotiated for. Each group will have two action points assigned to them. They can only attack as many people as they have action points. These points are regained at the beginning of each day for each battle squadron. Creation of a battle squadron: you will negotiate a thinker and assign it to a town. You then can add new monsters to this group. (No reshuffling or anything)

Everyone begins with a town that they are occupying. (Please name each of your towns so that people know what town they have to attack) You only control thirty towns. You can only ever control these thirty towns. Even though you own all of the towns they don't give you any money because they are not "active" yet. Each of your squadrons is assigned to each of your towns. If you lose a town that contains a squadron they are homeless and cannot be reassigned. As you come to own more and more "active" towns it will become important that you maintain one or more squadrons inside the towns because they are significantly more vulnerable without you inside. A town that is unowned has the same statistics as one that is owned and has no one inside. (If you ever have any doubts about what sort of strategy, read all of the stats for the units) Remember that your health is a very valuable commodity.

Action points are simple. When a group moves in to fight it will pit its attack against the defenders defense. If the defender is not destroyed it will retaliate with its attack against the attackers defense. The damage taken is done like this: Attacker has 20 attack points and the defender has 5 defense: the defender will take 15 damage. If these are squadrons attacking they will attack each other like risk. (Highest level against highest level, except there may be an uneven amount of attackers/defenders wherein the leftovers would all attack the highest level creature This is one action point. The towns are attacked first and the units inside after the town is destroyed. Each round of these attacks require an action point from the attacker. (With un even numbers: the extra low levels that group together attack's and defense's score will be added together when they do their attack and defense)

The method of finding who goes first will just be based off the positon of the creatures in the battle squadron on the list of monsters. All numbers are added together and the lowest number moves first. (If there is conflict, where two numbers are the same, the person who signed up to play first will move first.) In every case of movement the squadron will move out and move back before the next one moves. (Unless that group captures a town where they would remain in the captured town)

Units

Unoccupied town

HP:1000

Attack: 0

Defense: Cannot be attacked if not activated otherwise it's 0

Cost: N/A

Produces: 0 greckles every other day if not active otherwise it's 500

Occupied town

HP: 20 000

Defense: 20

Cost: N/A

Upkeep: Free

Produces: 500 greckles every other day

Non-thinkers

FORMAT UPKEEP: (every other day)

Roach Level 1

HP: 45

Attack: 20

Defense: 2

Cost: 25 greckles

Upkeep: 2 greckles

Roach Queen Level 2

HP: 60

Attack: 10

Defense: 15

Cost: 30 greckles

Upkeep: 6 greckles

Evil Eye Level 2

Attack: 25

Defense: 0

Wraithwing Level 2

HP: 50

Attack: 10

Spider Level 3

HP: 20

Attack: 45

Defense: 30

Cost: 45 greckles

Upkeep: 12 greckles

Rock Golem Level 3

HP: 70

Attack: 30

Defense: 25

Wubba Level 3

HP: 30

Defense: 40

Wubblade Level 4

Attack: 20

Cost: 60 greckles

Upkeep: 18 greckles

Tar baby Level 2

HP: 15

Mud Baby Level 3

Fegundo Level 4

HP: 70

Attack: 40

Defense: 10

Gel Baby Level 4

HP: 45

Attack: 35

Defense: 35

Serpent Level 5

Attack: 40

Cost: 100 greckles

Upkeep: 25 greckles

Skipper Level 3

Attack: 35

Rock giant Level 6

HP: 150

Attack: 60

Cost: 125 greckles

Upkeep: 30 greckles

Seep Level 5

Attack: 50

Cost: 100 greckles

Upkeep: 25 greckles

Thinkers

All thinkers are similar

Level 5

HP: 50

Attack: 50

Defense: 50

Cost: no cost

No upkeep

Slayer

Bonuses: Plus 5 Attack to all monsters in group

Negotiator Days: 2

Max Negotiators: 1

Guard

Bonuses: Plus 5 defense to all monsters in group

Negotiator Days: 2

Aumtlich

Bonuses: One extra movement point to group

Negotiator Days: 6

Max Negotiators: 2

Mimic

Bonuses: Lower every other day upkeep -5 greckles

Negotiator Days: 4

Clone

Bonuses: Lower daily upkeep -2 greckles

Negotiator Days: 6

Stalwart

Bonuses: Increases town defense (Defense 30) and attack (Attack 25)

Negotiator Days:10

Tar technician

Bonuses: Gives a bonus of 10 to attack and defense of all tarstuff babies

Negotiator Days: 10

Tarluke mudwrit

Bonuses: Gives the ability to change the levels of all the monsters in your squadron. (For each battle)

Negotiator Days: 15

Goblin king

Bonuses: Each of your towns produce double

Negotiator Days: 40

Max Negotiators: 3

Goblin

Bonuses: Gives two extra movement points to squadron

Negotiator Days: 20

Brain

Bonuses: Able to repair 200HP in a town a week and 20HP on each of the monsters in its squadron

Negotiator Days: 50

Max Negotiators: 5

Negotiator

HP: 200

Defense: 5

Cost: 250 greckles

Upkeep: 100 greckles/week

30 bouns greckles daily when in negoatiations

May negotiate new units.

Glorthorred Researcher

HP: 250

Defense: 15

Cost: 300 greckles

Negotiation required: 7 negotiator-days

Maximum negotiators: 1

Stalled research upkeep: 10 greckles/day

Upkeep: 50 greckles/week

Bonus 10 greckles daily when researching

May research new technologies.

Technologies

Fix-a-building

Cost: 500 greckles Initial 50 greckles per use

Researcher Days: 8

Max Researchers: 2

Use: You can buy one once a week and use it to fix 200 HP on a town

Makes-a-more-moola

Cost: 1000 greckles

Researcher Days: 15

Max Researchers: 3

Use: Doubles output from towns (STACKS WITH GOBLIN KING)

Pitch And Boiling Oil

Cost:1000 greckles

Max Researchers: 5

Use: Add 15 defense and 15 attack to all towns

Catapults

Cost: 2000 greckles

Researcher Days: 20

Max Researchers: 4

Use: One use a day on a town. Does 500 damage. No retaliation. (Therefore no attack required)

Ladders

Cost: 2000 greckles 1000 per use afterwards

Researcher Days: 30

Use: Bypass walls of a town

Men of the front lines

Use: Place your armies on the walls so that they are attacked instead of the town

Bulwarks

Cost: 5000 greckles

Researcher Days: 50

Max Researchers: -

Use: Prevent the use of ladders on your towns

Arrow Slits

Researcher Days: 5

Max Researchers: 1

Use: Add 15 Attack to all your towns

Combat Enhancer Level 1

Researcher Days: 10

Use: Gives a bonus 5 to all stats for all monsters, thinkers, or town.

Combat Enhancer Level 2

Cost: 2000 greckles

Use: Gives a bonus 5 to all stats for all monsters and thinkers

Combat Enhancer Level 3

Cost: 3000 greckles

Max Researchers: 2

Combat Enhancer Level 4

Cost: 4000 greckles

Max Researchers: 1

Health Packs

Cost: 500 greckles 50 greckles per use

Researcher Days: 5

Use: You have 50 HP that is assignable to any monsters, thinkers, or town. (Can spread over multiple units)

How do you play?

You will have lost the game when you are not receiving income.

Well there's no map.

You will be able to attack anyone and anywhere on your turn. Each player will have at least labeled all of his towns and Squadrons. You then will say on that day I will attack with [groupA] against [townC] and repeat for your second action point. (Squadrons that have their town destroyed still move and can be attacked) You don't have to attack if you don't want to.

Actions that you can do on a turn :

Buy units (Remember that you need to pay every other day upkeep before you can use them.)

Attack with your groups. (The moderator will determine the movement order and take care of damage, just post and it will all come out in the wash)

Research and negotiate thinkers

EXAMPLES:

I am taking two of my negatioators and getting them to recruit a tar technitian. This will take them 5 turns and three hundred greckles and then I will have to assign it to a spicific town.

I am taking a Glorthorred Researcher to research fix-a-building this will take me eight days and cost me 80 extra greckles

I am sending my battle squadron under Slayer5 (For readers sake 10 Roaches, 5 Fegundoes, 2 Snakes and a Rock giant) against TownLJ3

Results: Roaches do 5 damage each Fegundoes do 25 damage each Snakes do 25 each the slayer does 30 and the rock giant does 45 for a total of 300 points of damage.

I conduct sneaky talks with Mrimer to team up on Someone Else. It's totaly legal and totaly non-binding agreements.

EVERY THING THAT I SAID IS FLAWLESSLY CONSISTENT

AUTHORS:

THE SPITEMASTER

COPPRO

GOOD LUCK

I wish that man would stay away

[Last edited by The spitemaster at 07-27-2008 03:18 AM : Catapults and weekly]
07-23-2008 at 12:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3623
icon Re: Pre-August Contest (0)  
Just to clarify: When a unit attacks another entity, the damage done is the attacking unit's attack power minus the defending unit's defense power, correct?

Just to clarify the use of "negotiator-days" and "researcher-days" - in an example situation where I am researching Pitch and Boiling Oil:

Pitch And Boiling Oil

Cost:1000 greckles

Max Researchers: 5

Use: Add 15 defense and 15 attack to all towns

If I have three researchers assigned to the task, then at the start of every day, the number of researcher-days remaining until the research is complete decrements by three?

Goblin king

Bonuses: Each of your towns produce double

Negotiator Days: 40

Max Negotiators: 3

What does a town with one of these units produce double of? Greckles? Units?

=====

I think this is an interesting idea similar to the Smite to the Death contest a while back, but with Real Time Strategy elements - a genre I enjoy playing (but have a varying level of skill at)

I will declare my interest in participating :)

[Last edited by Chaco at 07-23-2008 02:10 AM]
07-23-2008 at 02:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
The spitemaster
In response to all your questions:
1. You are correct in that expectation. I tried to get make it feel like you have perfect information. The only thing that you don't know is what everyone else will do.

2.Correct. However, something that you may overlook is that if you have three working the first day, making the total days left decrease to 12, and add another researcher that day, for a total of four researchers, the next day will only decrease by three as well. (see paragraph three under basic rules)

3. Well the only thing that the towns ever produce is greckles. (500 basic a day) And the goblin king would double the output of this.

Sorry, as it is the wording makes it appear that it would double all of your towns. This is not true. It is true that
Makes-a-more-moola would do it(the research improvement)

[Last edited by The spitemaster at 08-05-2008 06:15 AM]
07-23-2008 at 05:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jdyer
Rank Points: 327

File: refcardsample.PNG (42 KB)
Downloaded 60 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Pre-August Contest (+3)  
This game is in need of some reference cards. I have made up a quick example using graphics from the editor. I am willing to work on the other game parts but I need Caravel permission for the graphics first.

[Last edited by jdyer at 07-23-2008 09:33 PM : (Oops, forgot attachment.)]
07-23-2008 at 09:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
Thanks, jdyer. That's a very useful organizational format. :)

07-23-2008 at 09:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
:blink Uhh... this sounds... quite fun, if not completely canonical... but I honestly don't think I'll have time to learn the rules, much less play...

07-23-2008 at 10:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jdyer

File: researchA.PNG (190.7 KB)
Downloaded 45 times.
icon Re: Pre-August Contest (+2)  
Putting all the research took two pages worth. I ended up using Wikipedia Commons for the images so I can put these up now.

(EDIT: Revised version due to change in rules down below.)

[Last edited by jdyer at 07-27-2008 04:11 PM]
07-23-2008 at 10:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jdyer

File: researchB.png (176.9 KB)
Downloaded 36 times.
icon Re: Pre-August Contest (+1)  
Research page 2.
07-23-2008 at 10:21 PM
Sillyman
Rank Points: 339
Might I suggest the name "TBS" instead of "RTS"?

Edit: Looked the whole thing over, and it's excellent.

[Last edited by Sillyman at 07-24-2008 06:55 AM]
07-24-2008 at 06:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eb0ny
Rank Points: 484
I suggest DFSG (DROD Forum Strategy Game).

07-24-2008 at 11:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
eb0ny wrote:
I suggest DFSG (DROD Forum Strategy Game).
I'm afraid that acronym is already taken...

np: Radiohead - I Might Be Wrong (I Might Be Wrong - Live Recordings)

07-24-2008 at 02:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eb0ny
Briareos wrote:
I'm afraid that acronym is already taken...
:(

Anyway, I have some question regarding the rules.

1) As I understand it, you begin with 1 city, 2 researchers, a squad with 10 roaches and 500 GRE, right? No negotiators?
2) Can you purchase any purchaseable units in any order, or are there some prerequisites involved?
3) Upkeep is handled automatically by deducing it from income everyday, correct?
4) Is research is paid for once when beginning it, or PRICE/DAYS GRE for advancing it one research day?
5) You gain new towns only when placing a thinkers there?
6) When monsters are inside a town and it has no walls, will attacking force damage just town, or units inside it as well?
7) What happens to squads when their towns are destroyed? Can they be relocated?
8) Why some technologies have "-" in their "Max researchers" fields? Does it means that there is no limit?
9) Can we disband units (to replace them with better ones, for example)?
10) Is there max city limit?

Sorry for quantity of questions, but I need to know.

07-24-2008 at 03:20 PM
The spitemaster
No, go ahead and ask questions.

1. Your assumption is correct.
2.Any purchaseable unit can be bought at any time. Any negotiated unit can be negotiated at any time.
3. Income is weekly as well as upkeep. (But yes it automatically deducts from income not spare cash lying around)
4. The research money is paid at the end of the researcher days. It is a lump sum.
5. You gain new cities when you activate it. So really, whenever you want. However this is a very bad idea because, as you can see an unoccupied town is extremely vulnerable. (And any damage taken is times by twenty when people occupy it) Towns are only occupied when there is someone in it that could defend it.
6. The town structure is the walls and everything in it. If there are no walls then the town has been destroyed. The monsters inside would then be attacked.
7. Squads cannot be relocated. This also goes for negotiators and researchers.
8. That means that there is no limit.
9. You cannot disband on whim. The only way units are disbaned is when you cannot pay for them. (out of your income) You then lose the highest cost ones first. (That's your negotiators) however if one dies in a squadron he can be replaced.
10. You can only ever have thirty cities. If you lose one of those cities it cannot be replaced. 30 * 500 = 15000 * 4 (Two upgrades) = 60000 would be the max amount of income that you could get. (I think that will be fine)

Now about this acronym thing ... Why don't we just call it "The Game" and leave it at that. (At least that way someone could win) And pick your fight with coppro, the name was his idea.

We could call it .... AOTE Age of the Eighth or just AE for short.

07-25-2008 at 01:22 AM
eb0ny
Say what units have daily and what weekly upkeep? As I read it, all units have weekly upkeep (except for stalled research 10 GRE upkeep for researchers), which means that we will only be able to acquire new units once a week, because they become active after their first upkeep, right?

07-25-2008 at 01:52 PM
The spitemaster
There should be no monsters that have daily upkeep. (The stalled research thing is just if you want to shift your researchers around without losing the work that they have done) The deal with the monsters not working until their first upkeep is payed is not stopping you from buying in the middle of the week. However it would be best if you didn't buy in the middle of the week because you don't have any income in the middle of the week. (Therefore, you are able to pay the first upkeep without using your income) It will also become less cost effective later in the week.

07-26-2008 at 12:38 AM
eb0ny
Okay, and one last question. Can negotiators and researchers lead squads? I know that they are thinkers and therefore should, but I'm asking this just in case.

07-26-2008 at 06:44 AM
The spitemaster
Well, yes they can. But.... The game is balanced so that nothing hurts the thinkers. (Only a few cases) Those cases are: either they are fighting someone who outnumbers them and the monsters team up on them, or they are fighting the main group (The group without a thinker on another team and they have a rock giant) Researchers and negotiators could do it but I would have to say that they are also level 5 (For which monsters attack them) and that they cannot do normal duties when they are leading. Also since they are a special case, I will allow them to switch out of any group they create for a normal thinker.

Also since I don't think I addressed this situation, if a thinker dies it's monsters run off. They are just gone.

If the game goes too slowly I might make everything that says a week to mean three days. I would like a consensus on that though. If you don't give a good reason, I might just do it. (It would most likely be best)

07-26-2008 at 09:27 AM
eb0ny
Yes, it should be three days. Imagine the pace when a single cycle is 7 days. You can only get reinforcements once a week, which means that 5 days or so out of 7 will be stagnant, as people won't attack because they won't want to lose units, as they are hard to replace.

And (really) final question: when a city is attacked, and the wall ugrade is not complete, who gets damaged: units or city? If it is the city, then the stagnancy factor to above statement increases.

By the way, when this game will be running? Could give some dates?

[Last edited by eb0ny at 07-26-2008 11:52 AM]
07-26-2008 at 11:47 AM
The spitemaster
First thing. What is this wall upgrade?

The only thing that I see is bulwarks but that just prevents the use of ladders.

The town has some meager defense to start with. (Ten defense)

And that solves that problem. Instead of weekly I will make it every two days. (Three was a little too much)

Soon I want it to start one or two days after the first.

[Last edited by The spitemaster at 07-27-2008 03:42 AM]
07-27-2008 at 02:45 AM
Sillyman
How about every week fragement? Monday+Tuesday+Wednesday, Thursday+Friday, Saturday+Sunday? That way it syncs up with the days of the week, putting the longest portion on the most busy time for working people.

07-27-2008 at 05:59 AM
eb0ny
"Without walls" == "Without men on the front lines research".
With that research, the squad takes all the damage. I'm asking what's the damage distribution without that research.

07-27-2008 at 07:34 AM
techant
Rank Points: 854
I took the effort to study the rules so why waste the effort. So Count me in! Sound like fun. Thanks jdyer for the png too.

Sillyman wrote:
How about every week fragement? Monday+Tuesday+Wednesday, Thursday+Friday, Saturday+Sunday? That way it syncs up with the days of the week, putting the longest portion on the most busy time for working people.

I like that idea but I would split the Saturday+Sunday.
Mine would be Sunday+Monday+Tuesday,Wednesday+Thursday,Friday+ Saturday. That way we get more action on the weekend when most folks are around.

I also have the following:

1)"you cannot used saved money to pay for every other day upkeeps" What is saved money? And where is it saved? Does it have a use?
2)How will we know what everyone has? Do we have to piece it together from the postings?
3)Will there be a specific time we have to post or do we post our actions then wait and see? Seems I would have an advantage if I waited later in the day to post, would I?
4)Given question 3, if I am attacked and have not posted yet will I be deducted from or will that happen after I post? I guess I am just a little confused about the timing with all our different time zones. In snakes we pre-announced our moves and could change them up to the move time and then they were all acted on in order, will this be simular?
5)You said, "You will start with a basic income of 500 greckles per week..These carry over, so do not worry about posting every day!" But these don't carry over past the week is that right?
6)I am a little confused about the cities. We get 30 and but they are not active yet, but they can be attacked right?

That is all for now.. :blush I have headed off to start naming my cities.

[Last edited by techant at 07-27-2008 01:18 PM]
07-27-2008 at 01:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jdyer

File: thinkers.png (77.6 KB)
Downloaded 30 times.
License: Other
Here are the thinkers.
07-27-2008 at 04:04 PM
jdyer

File: researchA.png (190.1 KB)
Downloaded 20 times.
This is a revised version of the first part of the research reference card to account for the change in catapults.
07-27-2008 at 04:07 PM
jdyer

File: August contest reference cards.zip (477.4 KB)
Downloaded 24 times.
License: Other
Finally all four reference cards as a single zip file.
07-27-2008 at 04:15 PM
The spitemaster
OK one at a time.

When a town is attacked it is counted as as many entities as there is attacking. Therefore it will retaliate that number of times as well. Then is you have ten people attacking, you will treat each character as a separate attack. Rock giant has sixty attack and you will take twenty defense off that. The town would take forty damage. The people on the inside are totally protected.

1. There is now very little in the way of daily upkeeps, so I can see why that confused you. The stuff that you don't use from your income can be spent to buy creatures and pay the cost for research. It is saved on the page, you will just write down that you have it and people can go over your history to see that you arn't pulling anything on us.

2. I will do my best to have a comprehensive spreadsheet that shows what everyone has. But I will be piecing it together from the posts, so I might make a few errors. The posts will always be right.

3+4. The posts will be daily and you will be able to change them all the way up to the deadline. People will also be able to double post (give commands for more than one day).

5. The main gist of that statement is that if you have enough income to cover your expense and you don't post, that you are using that money to cover it, we won't assume that you decided to not pay for any of those things. Anything that you didn't use then is assumed to go into your imaginary bank.

6. Cities

You start with 29 unactive cities and one occupied active city. Any unactive city cannot have people in it or be attacked. You can activate at any time.

The week splitting Sunday+Monday+Tuesday,Wednesday+Thursday,Friday+ Saturday seems to be the most attractive.

07-28-2008 at 12:28 AM
Sillyman
No, put Tuesday with Wednesday and Thursday.

07-28-2008 at 08:32 AM
techant
Rank Points: 854
Sillyman wrote:
No, put Tuesday with Wednesday and Thursday.

I can be flexable so I am fine with either.

I have to remember to concider that the cut off time is 12:00 GMT. That is a -8 in my time zone (USA pacific time zone) so my day will end at 4:00pm PST. I think I have this right. I still get confused on how to post it so it show me the correct time. :blush

[Last edited by techant at 07-28-2008 10:43 AM]
07-28-2008 at 10:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
If I have an empty activated city which took some damage and is at 500 instead of 1000, and now I move a squadron led by a Slayer in there, how many HP will it have now?

Can I move squadrons between ctities and how many days it takes?

You cannot negotiate or research more than one type of thing at once, right? Like, if you have two negotiators, you can't tell them to negotiate for a slayer each.

[Last edited by Maurog at 07-28-2008 11:32 AM]
07-28-2008 at 11:30 AM
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
Is it just me, or is this contest massively overcomplicated?

07-28-2008 at 02:17 PM
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Pre-August Contest (RPG Game)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com