Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Bluff Me Again Submission Thread (2008 Entries)
Page 2 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
techant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 854
IP: Logged
icon Re: Bluff Me Again Submission Thread (0)  
I won a toy store "get as many toys as you can" contest. (57)
I am the lucky one in the family my Mom always says. When I was a little kid my mom entered me in a contest at a toy store. I don't remember which one. I won and I got to go through the store picking out all the stuff I wanted. There was some kind of limit, which I don't remember, but I sure got alot of stuff.

I was on the "Bozo the Clown" show when I was a kid. (54)
Like I said my Mom always says, Im the lucky one. It was my birthday and I got picked to be Bozo's sidekick. I asked my Mom why she didn't have any photos but she said she didn't remember why but that she was probably holding my little sister all the time and it was a live show.

I won a toy store "get as many toys as you can" contest. is FALSE.
I was on the "Bozo the Clown" show when I was a kid.is TRUE. While I was not the sidekick as stated in my evidence, it was my birthday and I did get to be a special person on the show. I remember being on the show and my Mom will confirm it but I have no other evidence.

[Last edited by techant at 04-05-2008 05:50 AM]
04-05-2008 at 05:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Pneh
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 154
I once jumped off a swing and landed on my head.(48)
It happend in the forth grade. It was a during 20 minutes break at school. I had never attempted to jump off a swing while standing before so I decided to give it a try. When I jumped I lost controll and landed om my head. Luckily I broke my fall with my arms. The only injury I got was a sprained wrist.

I once got dropped from 190 cm off the ground and landed flat on my stomach.(76)
It was accually recently. My school is now doing the musical "West Side Story". With my role of A-rab I will be lifted about 190 cm off the ground to be put down and be cut in my ear. During a practice they dropped me and I fell flat on the ground. I lost my breath and got a bruise om my chin. Ten minutes after they dropped me we tried it again with success!

I once jumped off a swing and landed on my head. is true.
I once got dropped from 190 cm off the ground and landed flat on my stomach.is false.

[Last edited by Pneh at 04-05-2008 09:16 PM]
04-05-2008 at 09:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eb0ny
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 484
Apricots are growing in my back yard. (35)
Although they are rather rare in this climate, but they do grow in my back yard, along with cherries, strawberries, peaches, apples and grapes. The proof:
Click here to view the secret text

Last summer I had a full-time job in a cloth knitting company. (63)
I worked for approximately two months, and I have earned ~1300 litas (which would be about 260 pounds or over 500 dollars). My job was to load/unload boxes, carry stuff around, take out the trash etc. The proof:

The answers:

[Last edited by eb0ny at 04-06-2008 01:46 PM]
04-06-2008 at 07:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
techant
eb0ny wrote:
Apricots are growing in my back yard. (35)
Although they are rather rare in this climate, but they do grow in my back yard, along with cherries, strawberries, peaches, apples and grapes.

What stage are the Apricots at?

04-06-2008 at 07:50 AM
eb0ny
Rank Points: 484
techant wrote:
What stage are the Apricots at?
They're already putting forward their buds. The plant itself is rather young, as you can see in the photo I have attached to the submission post. That's what you wanted to know... right?

04-06-2008 at 01:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Znirk
Rank Points: 613
Inspired by Pneh, here's an accident with a stage and another with a swing.

I did "break a leg" on stage. (29)
Not during performance though; I fell down a stepladder while taking down a spotlight the day after closing night. I was very lucky on balance -- the ladder in question is about six meters high, but I fell from only 1 1/2 or 2 m above stage level. The fracture was a minor (though painful) crack in the shinbone, not broken all the way through.

I was injured by a playground swing to the face. (48)
I don't remember this too clearly, because I was a) about four years old and b) concussed. I walked too close past another kid's swing, which promptly hit me in the forehead. There was no fracture, but the wound needed stitches, and the scar is still visible if you know where to look.

My second statement is the true one. I never had a fracture in my life, and I haven't witnessed any stage-building accidents either. I did get my scalp cut (surprisingly cleanly) by a playground swing, way back when my forehead was down at swing level.
04-06-2008 at 02:03 PM
noma
Rank Points: 1594
icon Re: Bluff Me Again Submission Thread (+1)  
@rheb: what kind of car ran you over?

@marphlets: both are very possible -- heck, supposedly I'm descended from Charlemagne and I'd guess most people would be surprised at their "illustrious" pedigree -- but the Chastain connection is an odd thing to know. The dates are off in the blurb but, as we know, that doesn't mean anything. So my question is: what colour are your eyes?

@Chaco: Did you ever try training wheels? Regarding the camping: what trail/park were you on/in?

@The spitemaster: well, I'd almost have to say the wild party statement is true, based on the probability that every 17 year old has had one, whether or not they remember it. But I'm curious -- and surprised no one has asked this yet: what "difference" did the border guard supposedly "see?"

[Last edited by noma at 04-06-2008 02:59 PM]
04-06-2008 at 02:58 PM
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
I've passed a hunting exam, but I’ve never wanted to hunt. (58)
I am a vegetarian, I have never hunted, and I never want to. I did my hunting exam in school. I am from the countryside in Sweden, and it was a compulsory subject. It was a bit cool to learn to handle a rifle, though.

I have never eaten anything I couldn’t finish. (46)
Most people are quite picky with food. Not me. As long as I know that what I eat is edible I eat it. Of course I wouldn’t eat something that is intentionally foul tasting, but I don’t try to either. Nowadays I don’t eat meat, though, but that’s a different story.

My first statement is true, although it wasn’t a compulsory subject. And it never included weapons training. If you want to hunt with rifles you have to learn to handle it first. The subject, which was called game care was part of an environment program.

My second statement is then obviously false. As a matter of fact I hate onions with a passion. I could never ever eat something containing raw onions.

04-06-2008 at 02:58 PM
Rheb
Rank Points: 1211

File: Proof.jpg (7.6 KB)
Downloaded 444 times.
License: Public Domain
Znirk, it's definitely the second one. The scar can easily be spotted.

[Last edited by Rheb at 04-06-2008 03:05 PM]
04-06-2008 at 03:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
noma
@Blondbeard: aside from the cut wrist, were there any other repurcussions from your display window adventure?

@techant: in which state did you live when all this happened?

@Pneh: what apparatus was used to raise you 190 cm?

@Znirk: what was the name of the performance and did you have to wear a cast? If so, for how long?

04-06-2008 at 03:15 PM
Rheb
noma wrote:
@rheb: what kind of car ran you over?
I really can't remember. Those kind of things tend to fall out of my memory in 4 hours normally. And I was way too chocked to even think at the time. But I'm quite sure it was red, and I do remember that Peter (I think it was), the driver was nice, as he gave me a lift home.

04-06-2008 at 03:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
noma wrote:
@Chaco: Did you ever try training wheels?

Of course I did, and was able to ride the bike successfully... only when the training wheels were on. As usual, when the wheels came off I never made it past the driveway. The problem with training wheels (that I can see now) is that they essentially reduce the problem of riding the bike to the problem of riding the tricycle (to which the rider already has the solution), so the person doesn't actually learn anything.

Regarding the camping: what trail/park were you on/in?

We were at the Glen Hudson campground. I still remember because there was a river about a mile or so from where we ended up pitching our tent, and my father was hoping we'd be able to go fishing the next day (which is one of many things I've never done, but that's another story) Unfortunately our plans were spoiled unceremoniously.

Keep in mind that one of my two above paragraphs is a complete bluff.

04-06-2008 at 03:45 PM
Pneh
noma wrote:

@Pneh: what apparatus was used to raise you 190 cm?

My classmates.

[Last edited by Pneh at 04-06-2008 08:44 PM]
04-06-2008 at 04:24 PM
Blondbeard
@noma: I can't remember the episode very well. In fact I don't remember the actual jumping at all. I do, however, know that I mostly cut my hands. Even drunk I guess I had sense enough to use my arms to protect myself when jumping. It was during autumn, so I was luckely quite well clothed for window jumping.

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 04-06-2008 05:08 PM]
04-06-2008 at 05:08 PM
noma
@blondbeard: I guess what I was asking was were you charged with anything? Mischief, public drunkenness, vandalism, etc?
04-06-2008 at 05:14 PM
Blondbeard
Yes. I actually had to pay for the window :P
04-06-2008 at 05:33 PM
Znirk
noma wrote:
@Znirk: what was the name of the performance and did you have to wear a cast? If so, for how long?
I could have sworn I replied to this one this afternoon ... but whatever. The show was Return to the forbidden planet, a pretty funny Shakespeare/1950s-sci-fi hybrid musical. I did have a temporary cast for a week or two; after that a plastic-shells-and-fabric splint that looked a bit as if it'd been cut off Leela's boots in Futurama. I wore that for about two months, with brief interruptions (I was allowed to take it off to wash the leg, and also for some of the later physiotherapy). The way the medically smart people explained it, the injury was closer in type to a fatigue fracture than to your standard Crash-Aargh job.
04-07-2008 at 12:49 AM
Znirk
icon Re: Bluff Me Again Submission Thread (+2)  
Double-posting, I know, but the last one was a reply. This one is me asking some of the more obvious questions.

calamarain wrote:
I have punched someone in anger, sending them through a glass window.(70)
About how big was that window? How big were the largest glass fragments? Was there any injury from the punch, either to his jaw or your hand?

coppro wrote:
I have ran out of air while diving.(35)
Do you know why you lost air faster than expected? When you say "ran out", does that mean you were holding your breath while surfacing?

coppro wrote:
I have been in Italy for less than 2 hours.(42)
Where in France were you staying? Do you remember which Italian place you visited?

deftriver wrote:
I have eaten horse. (19)
How would you describe the flavour and texture, compared to other kinds of meat? Do you know how old "your" horse was?

Rheb wrote:
I was once run over by a car.(29)
Instead of paying for each bus ticket separately, can't you get a monthly or yearly season ticket?

Chaco wrote:
I have camped in mountains with my father. (42)
Are we talking about a tent here? Same place all week, or moving from place to place? How did you deal with the mountain-typical absence of level ground to camp on?

The spitemaster wrote:
A border guard saw through me at the crossing.(47)
What was the difference? Is this literally something the guard "saw"?

calamarain wrote:
I own the complete Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.(46)
You say you wanted something that would last. Did it? Have you, summa summarum, watched the whole thing more than once?

techant wrote:
What was the best single item you got on that occasion?

Blondbeard wrote:
Apart from the firearms angle, what was the most interesting thing you learned for that exam?

Blondbeard wrote:
I have jumped through a display window and I got handsomely paid for it. (72)
What was on display in the window? How big was the window? What this money literally paid to you at one point, or did it go directly from insurance to health provider? Did the sum you were paid cover the total cost of treatment, or did you end up paying some out of your own pocket? How much did the new window cost? Do you have private health insurance?
04-07-2008 at 01:32 AM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
Znirk wrote:
Chaco wrote:
I have camped in mountains with my father. (42)
Are we talking about a tent here? Same place all week, or moving from place to place? How did you deal with the mountain-typical absence of level ground to camp on?

Yes, we are talking about a tent. It was the same place all week, since we never had a good chance to un-pitch the tent, move our stuff, and re-pitch it.

We dealt with the mountain-typical absence of level ground to camp on by, well, okay, we didn't camp on level ground at all. The tent managed to stay up on the incline we eventually chose, despite the extremely mushy ground.

04-07-2008 at 02:52 AM
techant
noma wrote:
@techant: in which state did you live when all this happened?

California USA :cowboy :tumbleweed:

Znirk wrote:
techant wrote:
What was the best single item you got on that occasion?
I got a lot of board games and some dolls, my Mom said she told me to get as many things as I could rather than just big things. I really don't remember everything I got, I was young and it was now over 40 years ago. I mostly remember just grabing stuff, it was fun.
:fun :bounce
EDIT
My favorite game I got was "Flip, Flop Go" which I played against my sister for years to come. ( I edited this because I read biggest rather than best when I first answered).

:~(

[Last edited by techant at 04-07-2008 04:05 AM]
04-07-2008 at 03:21 AM
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
Znirk wrote:
calamarain wrote:
I have punched someone in anger, sending them through a glass window.(70)
About how big was that window? How big were the largest glass fragments? Was there any injury from the punch, either to his jaw or your hand?

calamarain wrote:
I own the complete Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.(46)
You say you wanted something that would last. Did it? Have you, summa summarum, watched the whole thing more than once?
The window was about 6.5ft high, and 3 ft wide, the standard inset in a patio door. The largest glass fragments were several inches across, I think, but it was mostly lots and lots of tiny ones (1 inch or smaller). As for what damage, my hand wasn't injured and he didn't admit to feeling any pain in his jaw, we were all panicking a bit much about the cuts on his neck to worry really.

Regarding the DS9... I have indeed watched the whole thing. TOok me four months to do it, including some epic weekends where I watched a silly amount of episodes (10-12). Some of the episodes weren't that brilliant really, but you can't have every episode a winner. I've not watched it all again, but I have watched selected episodes again, the really good ones. I suspect what I'll end up doing is not watching it at all for 2-3 years, then coming back to it, it'll seem reasonably fresh again.

04-07-2008 at 04:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
marphlets
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
@noma

My eyes: brown. (My maternal great-grandfather and paternal grandfather were Native American. I didn't have much choice in the matter ;) )

My Great-Grandmother's (the Chastain) eyes: I have no idea. I've never actually met the woman (at least not when I was old enough to remember.) She and my grandmother past away awhile ago, so I never got the chance to know her.

Is there some particular eye color inherent to Chatain's? The only conection I get to my heritage is the tidbit's I am told by my aunts and uncles.

@ calamarain

What is your favorite DS9 episode?

[Last edited by marphlets at 04-07-2008 08:39 AM]
04-07-2008 at 06:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Znirk wrote:
coppro wrote:
I have ran out of air while diving.(35)
Do you know why you lost air faster than expected? When you say "ran out", does that mean you were holding your breath while surfacing?
No, I never figured out why I lost air that fast. I buddied with the guide when we were surfacing (fortunately, he had plenty)

Znirk wrote:
coppro wrote:
I have been in Italy for less than 2 hours.(42)
Where in France were you staying? Do you remember which Italian place you visited?
Opio. Don't remember which Italian town it was.
04-07-2008 at 02:25 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
noma
noma wrote:
...what colour are your eyes?
marphlets wrote:
Is there some particular eye color inherent to Chatain's?
heh heh... Sorry, the question wasn't meant to be taken seriously. It was just a random question I threw in since I had no idea what to ask you.
04-07-2008 at 02:42 PM
Blondbeard
Znirk wrote:

Blondbeard wrote:
Apart from the firearms angle, what was the most interesting thing you learned for that exam?

Blondbeard wrote:
I have jumped through a display window and I got handsomely paid for it. (72)
What was on display in the window? How big was the window? What this money literally paid to you at one point, or did it go directly from insurance to health provider? Did the sum you were paid cover the total cost of treatment, or did you end up paying some out of your own pocket? How much did the new window cost? Do you have private health insurance?

Heh! I get the impression that you don't know very much about Sweden. Anyway... A quite interesting thing I learned from the game care course was that there are hunters who wants to make it easy for others to become hunters as well. The person overseeing our examination (A hunter himself) activly gave tips on how we should answer on the questions! I don't know how common this is though. It might not be common at all, but that was how it was for me. Since I've never hunted I don't remember very much about what I actually learned though. I do however remember that we studied where you should shoot animals in order to kill them as effective and painless as possible. The lungs seemed to be the most favourable area.

About the window: In Sweden health care is almost free. You don't pay for the actuall cost. Tax money does that. All I paid was a very low sum of money (I think around 30$). The window was quite large, and I had to pay around 3000$ to replace it. All in all I got a lot of spare money. Almost all of the 60 000$.
04-07-2008 at 03:58 PM
Rheb
Znirk wrote:
Rheb wrote:
I was once run over by a car.(29)
Instead of paying for each bus ticket separately, can't you get a monthly or yearly season ticket?
Well, Arvika is a pretty small city, and the buss company here really sucks. I could by a monthly ticket I suppose, but even if I went by bus two times a day I wouldn't gain much on it.

04-07-2008 at 04:11 PM
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
marphlets wrote:
@ calamarain

What is your favorite DS9 episode?

Favourite ep is probably "If Wishes were Horses"

04-07-2008 at 04:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pneh
I have once marched into a street-pole.(40)
I play in an orchestra that occationally plays while marching. And in my town there is poles on the streets that are about 4 foot high. One time when we marched I accidently marched straight into one of them, and I'm a guy. It hurt pretty much getting a pole in my crouch, but I actually didn't stopped marching.

I once talked to my biggest idol through e-mail.(49)
My biggest idol is only known in Sweden, and he's not very big in Sweden either. But he is a comedian and he got a radio program. I like him mostly because I like his comedy. How I "talked" with him: I needed a little melody that I had heard in his radio program for a school-project. So I e-mailed to the program's official e-mail and asked if they could send it to me. They replied very quickly with the melody. Then I replied to them to thank and asked who wrote the e-mail. And it turned out to be my idol! Then we sended e-mails back and fourth for a while, about 5 e-mails each.

I have thankfully never marched into a streetpole, but I have "talked" with my idol.

[Last edited by Pneh at 04-08-2008 08:09 PM]
04-07-2008 at 04:59 PM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1299
Pneh wrote:
I have once marched into a street-pole.

I've done this. Only, I did it while reading a book. And while running. (Not two seperate occasions). It was quite funny to the people around me.
04-07-2008 at 07:01 PM
The spitemaster
Rank Points: 354
@Numa
It didn't really account to much in the end. He realized that I didn't have a full drivers licence (I needed a passport) and that I shouldn't be crossing the border by myself. It wasn't his problem and he let me go, but it could have been trouble if I was caught.

I wish that man would stay away
04-07-2008 at 10:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 2 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Bluff Me Again Submission Thread (2008 Entries)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com