Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Community Project (Not a contest exactly)
<<2345
Page 6 of 7
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3626
IP: Logged
icon Re: Community Project (0)  
Hey, welcome back Hikari! A very nice part of our community is here once again. :)

12-02-2006 at 02:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hikari
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 438
Hee... Thanks. ^^ So, um... where do I fit into the lineup now, and, um... where's the most recent version of the hold?

12-02-2006 at 10:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Chaco
The most recent version of the hold is in Jason's last post in this thread.

We're on Scene 12 now, so I suggest you play through any scenes you haven't, or at least view a couple rooms in the editor, so you have an idea of where we're going.

Basically, since you were gone at the time of my completion of Scene 11, we had Jason do Scene 12. You're basically allowed to take your turn whenever you want since you were skipped.

[Last edited by Chaco at 12-02-2006 11:00 PM]
12-02-2006 at 10:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hikari
OK, I just downloaded it, so I'll be playing through that probably tonight, reacquainting myself with the storyline, and I'll get right on scene 13. ^^ I guess I'm after Jason in the lineup now...

12-02-2006 at 11:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Hikari
So, um, whoever did Level 10 (I think Tokyokid?), is it OK with you if I fix the tunnel error in 2E that gets Beethro inescapably stuck? ((almost caught up... I'd forgotten how nasty Level 7 is))

12-07-2006 at 09:35 AM
Chaco
Uh, if it's what I think it is, there's a secret wall - there are a lot in that level.

But if not, then go ahead and fix it.

12-07-2006 at 12:06 PM
tokyokid
Rank Points: 453
Sure, Hikari! You didn't have to ask you know, if there's a bug, go ahead and fix it! :)

[Last edited by tokyokid at 12-09-2006 05:00 PM]
12-07-2006 at 12:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hikari
Hee... oki. Seems to me there was a comment made earlier about 'don't mess with other people's levels' so I just wanted to make sure that was OK. And... Chaco, I searched everywhere Beethro's sword could hit in there, nooooo secret walls that would let me get back to where I was supposed to be.

12-07-2006 at 06:50 PM
Chaco
Hmm, that's odd.

Guess you'll have to restore to the blue-door room and start again :/

Don't worry, the next level has a lot of puzzles. Some very devious puzzles. :)

12-07-2006 at 09:07 PM
Hikari
Yeah, I already did the restoring thing and all. I got stuck, um... well, I can't figure out L11 2W.

However, as the room is pass-through-able, I can honestly say that... well...

1N4W is *awesome*! XD

[Last edited by Hikari at 12-08-2006 09:39 AM]
12-08-2006 at 02:58 AM
Chaco
Heh, thanks. I'm not sure whether you tried that or not during your construction of Scene 5, but I enjoyed KDD level 6 and often have fun making small variations of rooms. :)

2W is a puzzle I do like. Suffice to say, there's a lot of setting up you have to do.
Click here to view the secret text

If you need more help with that room or anything else on the level, feel free to PM me.

[Last edited by Chaco at 12-08-2006 08:41 PM]
12-08-2006 at 08:38 PM
Hikari
It's just the last step there that I'd missed... Got it now. ^^

And no, I hadn't tried doing that with my room. When I was doing my level the first time around, the entire point of what I was doing was trying to keep the difficulty down for the most part. Calm before the storm, so to say. I just wanted to get my pile of story out there. ;)

..... >_< Oh lovely, now I'm stuck in L12 1W... I swear, I need to do a storyline-heavy floor for L13 to break up this stuff...

Or maybe I'm just out of practice and these rooms aren't *really* as hard as I'm finding some of them.

[Last edited by Hikari at 12-09-2006 10:04 AM]
12-09-2006 at 08:46 AM
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
It's anyone edit, so you can check out everything. :/

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

12-09-2006 at 02:48 PM
Chaco
Actually, that room took me a while too - longer than any of the other rooms on that level.

I was actually hoping there'd be some plot development, which is why I tried to lead into that. But maybe it was one of the other People in scene 12 pretending to be the Person from scene 11.

Your call, Hikari.

P.S. In case you're interested, I've already come up with two more challenges for existing rooms in this hold, combined with a desk room makes three for the next level I end up doing. One of those is again, your room. :)

12-09-2006 at 05:22 PM
tokyokid
Hey, does anyone mind if I re-do my level, Scence 10: The Ambush Way Revisited?
I was *really* out of ideas back then, and I might be able create something better now, it noboby minds. :)

And yes, that room in Jason's level is really hard! I don't think you're out of experience, Hikari, it's just hard... took me awhile to solve it too.
12-09-2006 at 06:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Speaking of hard things, I *finally* conquered Scene 7. Some of the rooms were extremely difficult, but after getting a spoiler for the "golem ring" room I finally conquered it.

Then I played Scene 8 and finished it extremely quickly. :)

Yeah, go ahead Tokyokid, I don't really mind.

[Last edited by Chaco at 12-09-2006 07:02 PM]
12-09-2006 at 07:02 PM
tokyokid

File: Tokyokids Community Project.hold (123.6 KB)
Downloaded 44 times.
License: Public Domain
Okay, made the level much better; Included all scenes in it (just copy paste mine.) I didn't change any story either. But I like the puzzels better. Sorry for the inconvinence, Ezlo.
12-09-2006 at 07:40 PM
Chaco

File: Community Project.hold (123.5 KB)
Downloaded 49 times.
Actually, while we're at it, there are two (count them, two!) trivial solutions to Clinging Route: Once North. After playing Tokyokid's level, I'd like an opportunity to fix it.

EDIT:

Here's the fixed hold. I've also fixed a mimic character in Tokyokid's room that ends for no apparent reason, and the instructor actually leaves the room.

Following the lead of Passing of the Hold, I've made a player file for all of us to share in order to keep the hold "the same" and saving all of our progress.

[Last edited by Chaco at 12-09-2006 08:09 PM]
12-09-2006 at 07:51 PM
Chaco

File: Architects Association.player (989 bytes)
Downloaded 43 times.
And here's the Architect's Association player file, used to create the previous hold.

In order to add your level, simply load your own player file and create your level in your copy of the hold. Then load the Architect's Association player file and copy and paste your level in. Then your level will be authored by Jason or Chaco or Tokyokid or whoever you are, but the hold will still be recognized as the "same hold" and you won't have to redo Scene 7.

Actually, you will, but only once, in the Architect's Association version. By standardizing in this way, we won't have to remove the "authored by" messages and we can keep our progress each time there's an update. Not to mention it looks more smooth and polished. :)

12-09-2006 at 08:11 PM
tokyokid
Good idea but, Ezlo just downloads the new version, and copy pastes the new level, so there wouldn't be 'originally authored by ...', or at least, I think. :)

Edit; Hikari, in your level maybe you should include Halph, becuase he dispeared after scene 10.

[Last edited by tokyokid at 12-10-2006 01:52 AM]
12-10-2006 at 01:46 AM
Chaco
Yeah, but ever since Scene 7 we just seemed to be making Geomatrx's Community Project, Jason's Community Project, Tokyokid's Community Project, etc.

Also, it's Hikari's scene. He (she?) can do whatever he wants with it.

12-10-2006 at 02:22 AM
Hikari
That'd be a he, and I'm gonna go ahead and use Architect's Association. I should be starting my level tomorrow at some point.

12-10-2006 at 05:55 AM
tokyokid
Okay, then, I'll download the file too. :)
12-10-2006 at 02:56 PM
Chaco
Yeah, this way the hold ends up not being authored by Ezlo, but by the entire community.

I'm not sure how submitting this to the Holds board would work, though. Would we create a new forum account, or what? Well, I'm sure we'll figure something out by Scene 50. ;)

Looking forward to Scene 13 while I replay the whole story!

P.S. In case anybody's interested, it is possible to get stuck in Scene 5 (Tokyokid's first scene), requiring a restore. I'll let you figure out how. :)

12-10-2006 at 04:27 PM
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
That's what I was thinking. Create an account called "Comunity Projecters" and every time it has enough mods to mod the person the made scene 1 up one, scene 2 up 1 etc until we reach the end. It'll be a while until anybody gets modded up! :lol

12-10-2006 at 04:46 PM
Chaco
It is also possible to get stuck in Scene 5, needing a Restore.

The updated Scene 10 also contains a problem, in that there is nothing stopping you from just going North, but then there is no room.

12-11-2006 at 10:21 PM
tokyokid
Oh. Please address the problems if you can, if not, you may leave them in.
12-11-2006 at 10:47 PM
Chaco
Well, it's not my turn; it's Hikari's. And I don't want to take a third turn when several people have only gone once, or not at all.

12-11-2006 at 11:59 PM
Hikari
I motion that Ezlo submit the completed hold when it's done, as the whole thing was his brainchild.

Also, um... Someone remind me how to copy levels from one hold to another without losing their creator tags? ^^:;

And, um... Chaco, if you're not wanting to flaunt the errors in rooms publicly, PM me with the problems so I can repair them before submitting Scene 13 to the forum, ok?

[Last edited by Hikari at 12-12-2006 06:23 AM]
12-12-2006 at 06:21 AM
Chaco
Nah, I'll post them publicly.

Scene 4: Go to Once North, Twice East, and solve the room. Then cut the mud blob and leave by the tunnel to the unrequired room to the west. The green and black doors will be shut when you return.

Scene 5: Go to Once North after defeating both side rooms. Wait for the NPC to strike the orb and leave, then backtrack to the left side. When you return the NPC will be gone, and you can't go forward.

Similarly, but less fatal, returning to the auditorium the instructor keeps turning into a goblin and doing nothing. In TCB, of course, this will be less dramatic and the dialogue will make less sense.

Scene 10: All you have to do is go up the North route in Once West, striking the orbs, and there *should* be a room in Once North, Once West... but there isn't, so you'll have to restart and go west. How boring.

12-12-2006 at 12:10 PM
<<2345
Page 6 of 7
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Community Project (Not a contest exactly)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com