Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : The Inevitable Patch (TSS 5.1.1, RPG 1.2.8, GatEB 4.0.2, TCB 3.3.0, JtRH/KDD 2.0.17 -- Bug fixes and increased performance)
<<3456
Page 7 of 13
891011>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
IP: Logged
icon Re: DROD 2.0.15 patch released (0)  
NiroZ wrote:
mrimer wrote:
2.0.15 JtRH and KDD patch installers are officially released. The changelog and download link can be found here:
http://caravelgames.com/jtrhpatch.html
So is there any difference between the one on the bugs board and the one on the site?
Good question. I tweaked a couple final things since the patch beta on the Bugs board (which I just removed, btw). I'd recommend applying this official patch so your build is guaranteed to have the latest fixes and is consistent with everyone else's version of 2.0.15.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 02-19-2007 02:18 AM]
02-19-2007 at 02:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
icon 2.0.15.1 Patch Released (0)  
A couple fixes and an improvement to 2.0.15 have been released as 2.0.15.1:

+ Import player speedup.
* Room editor: Fixed bug: allowed cut-and-pasting NPCs onto serpents.
* Fixed a help file error in the 2.0.15 full/demo build. (Now there's a "STUCK? Click here to get help for a room" link at the top of the game's Quickstart help page.)

02-23-2007 at 08:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
trick
Rank Points: 2580
icon Re: The Inevitable Patch (+2)  
Linux installers for 2.0.15.1 are up¹! Only full setups for now, though. If you want, you can uninstall the old one and install 2.0.15.1 while keeping your data in ~/.caravel -- this shouldn't lose anything, provided you used the default 'private data' option when installing, but exporting your player first is always a good idea. Simply re-installing on top of the old install should work too, but might be a bit messy since old files aren't deleted that way.

Anyway, there's gobs of new and improvedness this time. New versions of libraries, fixed sound files to play nice with sdl-mixer, etc, not to mention the installer itself has been updated somewhat with some bugfixes and new features. I also removed the 'private/shared' option; the installer now always installs private data². In stead, there's two new options: You can now do something with your desktop's lack of a DROD icon, and .. extended desktop menu ? Whuzzat ?

Go check it out :)

~ Gerry
__
¹ Thanks for the walrus, coppro! ..I think
² It's still possible to have shared data if you know what you're doing, though ;)

02-27-2007 at 12:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
icon Release: DROD 2.0.15.1 for Mac OS X (0)  
I've uploaded 2.0.15.1 Mac OS X builds of DROD:JtRH and DROD:KDD to the Downloads page for CaravelNet users. 2.0.15.1 demo versions are also available from the usual spot. I tested all these on my Mac and they run fine, but let me know if you experience any problems on your end. If these work for you, then that's good news in more ways than one -- it also means there should be a Mac version of TCB available on time along with the others! :)

(Sorry, no patch, but you can export your holds and player profile from the old version, and then import them into the new version.)

03-02-2007 at 11:55 PM
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Release: DROD 2.0.15.1 for Mac OS X (0)  
mrimer wrote:
(Sorry, no patch, but you can export your holds and player profile from the old version, and then import them into the new version.)
Doesn't the Mac version store all data in the user's home directory as well? If that's the case, shouldn't just replacing the application be sufficient?

03-03-2007 at 12:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Briareos wrote:
mrimer wrote:
Doesn't the Mac version store all data in the user's home directory as well? If that's the case, shouldn't just replacing the application be sufficient?
Yes and no. That should work, but there will be some missing texts, which were added for 2.0.15 and won't be in the user's older text.dat file. Also, in previous versions, the user's data directory was different than it is now (see changelog.txt for details). If the user can work around these issues, then it should work fine to just run the new version.

03-03-2007 at 04:58 AM
Briareos
mrimer wrote:
That should work, but there will be some missing texts, which were added for 2.0.15 and won't be in the user's older text.dat file.
Hmmm... most games I know keep the data files they ship with pristine (for easy replacement during an upgrade) and place all user-made data in extra files that get merged when accessing them - is something like that planned for TCB?

(Not that this has stopped people, for example, from devastating their NWN2 installation by changing the contents of the ZIP files it ships with, causing them to complain that they had to reinstall before patching would work... :rolleyes)

03-03-2007 at 09:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Briareos wrote:
mrimer wrote:
That should work, but there will be some missing texts, which were added for 2.0.15 and won't be in the user's older text.dat file.
Hmmm... most games I know keep the data files they ship with pristine (for easy replacement during an upgrade) and place all user-made data in extra files that get merged when accessing them - is something like that planned for TCB?
That's definitely a good idea. It is already kind of like that, and will be moreso for TCB. But you're not talking about an upgrade here, but rather deploying part of a full install over a previous installation. That's an ad-hoc solution that wasn't planned for, especially since I just picked up Mac maintenance with 2.0.15.

[Last edited by mrimer at 03-03-2007 03:56 PM]
03-03-2007 at 03:56 PM
Briareos
mrimer wrote:
That's an ad-hoc solution that wasn't planned for, especially since I just picked up Mac maintenance with 2.0.15.
Well, I'm usually thinking of a patch as a device to transform the full install of the earlier version into a full install of the current version; i.e. install both, do a binary diff and ship it.

In that case, installing the newer full version over the older one should have quite the same effect. But then again, I usually don't ship games or patches - most of my released GPL-ed stuff is video filters that get replaced as a whole anyway... :)

03-03-2007 at 04:08 PM
noma
Rank Points: 1594
mrimer wrote:
I've uploaded 2.0.15.1 Mac OS X builds of DROD:JtRH and DROD:KDD to the Downloads page for CaravelNet users.
I've looked here for it, but all I see is the patch for Windows. Is there another Downloads page or am I just not seeing it? I've searched the FAQ but no joy there.
03-03-2007 at 06:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
noma wrote:
mrimer wrote:
I've uploaded 2.0.15.1 Mac OS X builds of DROD:JtRH and DROD:KDD to the Downloads page for CaravelNet users.
I've looked here for it, but all I see is the patch for Windows. Is there another Downloads page or am I just not seeing it? I've searched the FAQ but no joy there.
Uh, no. Like Mike said, there is no patch, but rather a 2.0.15.1 *full* installer, which I can see under "CaravelNet downloads" - it's the fourth one there.

np: Autechre - 777 (LP5)

03-03-2007 at 06:46 PM
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
Briareos wrote:
[Uh, no. Like Mike said, there is no patch, but rather a 2.0.15.1 *full* installer, which I can see under "CaravelNet downloads" - it's the fourth one there.

. . .and it's a whopping 69MB!!! :w00t :~(

fine if you've got broadband! :weep

03-03-2007 at 06:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
icon Re: The Inevitable Patch (0)  
What about the people who purchased JtRH, but not CaravelNet? We don't have access to that fancy CaravelNet Downloads page you're talking about there.

[Last edited by Chaco at 03-03-2007 06:50 PM]
03-03-2007 at 06:49 PM
noma
Chaco wrote:
What about the people who purchased JtRH, but not CaravelNet? We don't have access to that fancy CaravelNet Downloads page you're talking about there.
Huh? I'm confused. Purchase CaravelNet? Is that something on top of CaravelNet membership?

[Last edited by noma at 03-03-2007 06:58 PM]
03-03-2007 at 06:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
noma wrote:
Chaco wrote:
Huh? I'm confused. Purchase CaravelNet? Is that something on top of CaravelNet membership?
No, purchasing CaravelNet is purchasing a CaravelNet membership... which you have done :)

03-03-2007 at 06:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
Well, it seems reasonable to me that the CaravelNet Downloads page is only visible to you if you have a CaravelNet membership currently running, no?

At least, I haven't found the CaravelNet downloads page anywhere, and I haven't got a CaravelNet membership right now.

EDIT:

*crash* Post collision with Kevin.

[Last edited by Chaco at 03-03-2007 06:57 PM]
03-03-2007 at 06:57 PM
Kevin_P86
Chaco wrote:
At least, I haven't found the CaravelNet downloads page anywhere, and I haven't got a CaravelNet membership right now.
It's the same page http://forum.caravelgames.com/downloads.php. It just has an extra section at the bottom for CaravelNet subscribers entitled "CaravelNet Downloads" which includes the full versions for each platform.

[Last edited by Kevin_P86 at 03-03-2007 07:00 PM]
03-03-2007 at 06:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
noma
I'm not seeing that extra section/link. I'll PM Mike and see if we can find out why.
03-03-2007 at 07:03 PM
Kevin_P86
Assuming you are going to that page when you are logged in, you should see it.

The first section, simply entitled "Downloads" should start with "DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold 2.0.15.1 Patch (Windows)", and end with "German Language Help Files for DROD 2.0."

Then immediately after that you should see a heading "CaravelNet Downloads", which currently contains 4 items (2.0.13 for Mac, 2.0.15.1 for Windows, Linux and Mac).

[Last edited by Kevin_P86 at 03-03-2007 07:07 PM]
03-03-2007 at 07:07 PM
noma
Kevin_P86 wrote:
Assuming you are going to that page when you are logged in, you should see it.

The first section, simply entitled "Downloads" should start with "DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold 2.0.15.1 Patch (Windows)", and end with "German Language Help Files for DROD 2.0."

Then immediately after that you should see a heading "CaravelNet Downloads", which currently contains 4 items (2.0.13 for Mac, 2.0.15.1 for Windows, Linux and Mac).

No, I don't see that at all (and never have) and I am logged in. I've PM'd Mike about it so hopefully it'll get figured out. Hmm. I have a idea I'm going to try.
(Edit: it didn't work.)
(Edit: Mike has fixed this.)

[Last edited by noma at 03-16-2007 05:43 AM]
03-03-2007 at 07:09 PM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
If you didn't get your purchase assciated with your account, you'll need to PM them to get them to do it.

I smell an FAQ question.
03-03-2007 at 09:42 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Elfstone wrote:
fine if you've got broadband! :weep
Didn't you actually order broadband ages ago? :(

Such glacial speed puts even our internet providers to shame, and those are dead slow, for the most part... :~(

np: Autechre - VI Scose Poise (Confield)

03-04-2007 at 12:16 AM
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
icon Re: Release: DROD 2.0.15.1 for Mac OS X (+1)  
Briareos wrote:

Didn't you actually order broadband ages ago? :(

Yes - back in October, but you may remember that we had a "weather event" at the end of that month and the resulting flood took away my bridge and the destroyed the public road? Well, to cut a (very) long story short, the phone cable here is not right for broadband and will have to be replaced, but for technical reasons that has to be done in conjunction with the repair of the public road. The road here was/is not a priority (one of the "A" roads is still being repaired - and they've been working on it continuously since the flood), but the surveyors have now been out and the plans drawn up. The work should start next month. Such is the damage that it's going to cost a staggering quarter of a million pounds to rebuild/repair!!!!!!! :w00t

03-04-2007 at 10:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
I desperately hope they're not charging you for broadband while all this is taking place, Elfstone.

03-06-2007 at 03:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
trick
Rank Points: 2580
icon Re: The Inevitable Patch (+2)  
03-27-2007 at 09:07 AM
mrimer
icon DROD:TCB 3.1 "The Golden Fegundo" (+1)  
The TCB 3.1 patch ("The Golden Fegundo") is now available for Windows (download it here).

3.1 Linux and Mac builds forthcoming.

You may see the lengthy list of bug fixes and changes since 3.0.0 here.

[Last edited by mrimer at 10-01-2007 06:28 PM]
10-01-2007 at 06:23 PM
mrimer
icon DROD:JtRH/KDD 2.0.16 Patches (0)  
The KDD+JtRH 2.0.16 patches are now available for Windows (download them here).

Linux and Mac builds forthcoming.

Bug fixes and changes since 2.0.15.1 may be found here.

[Last edited by mrimer at 10-02-2007 02:18 PM]
10-02-2007 at 02:12 PM
chisquare05
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
icon Re: The Inevitable Patch (+1)  
Have the full purchase versions of TCB for Mac and Linux been updated to 3.1 yet?

I'm guessing not but wanted to check. I've had plenty of holds to play after JtRH, and I was letting my anticipation for TCB build. Why bother with a patch, I thought, when I can just buy the updated version straight off....

My apologies if I've missed the news or posted this query to the wrong thread.

Thanks for your help.

-- Chris

11-20-2007 at 07:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
chisquare05 wrote:
Have the full purchase versions of TCB for Mac and Linux been updated to 3.1 yet?

I'm guessing not but wanted to check. I've had plenty of holds to play after JtRH, and I was letting my anticipation for TCB build. Why bother with a patch, I thought, when I can just buy the updated version straight off....

My apologies if I've missed the news or posted this query to the wrong thread.

Thanks for your help.
Good question. I haven't published a 3.1 full version Mac build of TCB, but I plan to make it available for purchased/registered download later this week. Stay tuned!

11-20-2007 at 07:56 PM
chisquare05
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
Thanks, Mike.

Where should I look for an indication that it is available?

Happy Thanksgiving,

Chris

11-21-2007 at 03:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
<<3456
Page 7 of 13
891011>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : The Inevitable Patch (TSS 5.1.1, RPG 1.2.8, GatEB 4.0.2, TCB 3.3.0, JtRH/KDD 2.0.17 -- Bug fixes and increased performance)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com