Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Mafia the Second (In a VR Internet game :P)
Page 3 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3626
IP: Logged
icon Re: Mafia the Second (0)  
RoboBob3000 wrote:
In lieu of other rationale:

Vote: Someone Else

I believe Mafia are more likely to cast a killing vote than other players.

Ah, but I can apply your argument to your own vote! ;)

Nevertheless...

12-12-2008 at 09:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
Me? I'm here. I think that it's best to make a vote than to have the mafia get free kills, so I guess I'll go with Someone Else too. That's the only way to get a slim chance at catching the bad guys.

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

12-12-2008 at 09:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1228
Jeff is right I guess.

VOTE: Someone Else
12-12-2008 at 09:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
Aw, now anyone that casts a vote later on is going to be suspected ;) But I'll vote anyway.

However, I think it is a good idea for everyone to say what the item they were carrying is. It is quite possible that the Mafia's items give themselves away, so they would have to make up items and it may be possible to spot the fakes.

12-12-2008 at 10:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Woah. I didn't realize the bandwagon would fill up so quickly. Let's at least give Someone Else a chance to speak.

Unvote: Someone Else

12-12-2008 at 10:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
icon Chaco's Mafia II Items (0)  
I don't feel entirely safe revealing both of my items at once, so I'll say that one of my items is a muffler. Hope you guys can make use of that.

(This is actually not the muffler I am carrying.)

12-12-2008 at 10:28 PM
Sillyman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
Okay, this is interesting. So, Chaco, you have two items? Is, by any chance, the second a clue to your role? For I also have two items, one of which is a pack of gummi bears. Mmm... delicious gummi bears.

12-13-2008 at 01:52 AM
Lamkin
Rank Points: 606
Sillyman wrote:
...I also have two items, one of which is a pack of gummi bears. Mmm... delicious gummi bears.

Gummi bears?! I'd kill for some gummi bears (so to speak). ;)
12-13-2008 at 02:42 AM
Monkey
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 190
Okay, vote count:
Someone Else: 4 (TripleM, Chaco, slimm tom, Jeff_Ray)
Ten alive means 6 to lynch.

[Last edited by Monkey at 12-13-2008 02:59 AM : oops]
12-13-2008 at 02:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Ten alive means six to lynch.

Or do we have some sort of undead faction?

12-13-2008 at 03:00 AM
Chaco
Sillyman wrote:
Okay, this is interesting. So, Chaco, you have two items? Is, by any chance, the second a clue to your role?

That would be telling. (And I'd probably puddle up dead tomorrow if I went and told everyone. :) )

12-13-2008 at 03:13 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Um, monkey, are you going to reveal our roles, or do we have to do that ourselves?

I was a 'suspcious looking guy' whose role meant that even though I was a townie, I would show up as supicious. Thus, the chances are is that that sherrif shot me.

I would have been more active, but I've had little access to the forum at the moment.
12-13-2008 at 08:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Rank Points: 355
Roles are not meant to be revealed.
12-13-2008 at 08:49 AM
Monkey
Because of the sudden inactivity, in two days, the person with the most votes will be lynched.

Just sayin'...

12-14-2008 at 02:29 AM
TripleM
Woah, it's only been a day, thats not inactivity at all..
12-14-2008 at 02:48 AM
Sillyman
Lamkin wrote:
Sillyman wrote:
...I also have two items, one of which is a pack of gummi bears. Mmm... delicious gummi bears.

Gummi bears?! I'd kill for some gummi bears (so to speak). ;)

Egads, a mafia! :P Anyways, a complete and total lack of proven information has been tried before and it really doesn't work that well.

12-14-2008 at 04:56 AM
Monkey
TripleM wrote:
Woah, it's only been a day, thats not inactivity at all..
Either way, a day's gotta end, doesn't it? ;)

12-14-2008 at 04:57 AM
RoboBob3000
Le sigh.

12-14-2008 at 07:06 AM
Sillyman
... yeah nothing's gonna change those five votes in but two (or is it one) days. Let's get this over with.

12-14-2008 at 07:30 AM
Monkey
Basically, from a lack of motivation and ideas (:|), there is no at least somewhat interesting lynch description. so... yeah.

Someone Else, however, had a random heart attack, and the officials marked that off as today's lynch. He had a shovel, and a book on speed digging. Night 3 begins now.

Player Listing:

Living

Dead

12-14-2008 at 06:58 PM
Monkey
Waiting for one more person.

12-16-2008 at 08:55 PM
Monkey
It's funny that, no matter just how weird something is, it never gets as weird as it possibly can. For example, the baloney in my fridge learned how to play the electric guitar, even though I haven't opened the package yet. Because of that, I had to punch the baloney to death. During that, I heard some footsteps, a weird noise, and then silence (excluding the punch noises). Afterward, because there was nothing to do, and I was couldn't sleep, I decided to mill around outside. I found Sillyman dead, with many shotgun wounds. I found a pack of half-eaten gummi bears, and a revolver.
Wait a second.
I hid in my house afterward, but couldn't sleep. I didn't care.

Sillyman is DEAD! As seen in the text, he had a revolver, and gummi bears, and was shotgun'd. It is now Day 3.

Player Listing:

Living

Dead

Vote Count:
Chaco: 2(Robobob3000, TripleM)
TripleM: 1(Chaco)

[Last edited by Monkey at 12-19-2008 03:59 AM]
12-18-2008 at 11:41 PM
TripleM
Well, since we still have barely anything to go by here, I can only see one thing that is suspicious.

Namely, Chaco not wanting to reveal the second item. What could be the reasons?

Obviously, it must give away something about the role. E.g., if it was a stethoscope, announcing that would guarantee death-by-mafia the next evening.

On the other hand, it couldn't be too hard making up an item. In fact, before Chaco posted, it wasn't even known that some people got two items, so it could have easily been avoided by not even mentioning the second item at all.

From this, I can conclude just one thing. Chaco is obviously pretending to look suspicious, probably as a double bluff. Chaco also survived the whole of the last game, so I think it's time.

Vote: Chaco
12-19-2008 at 12:37 AM
RoboBob3000
If I were Mafia, I would have probably killed Chaco - his secret item is definately indicative of something powerful.

His reveal was a mistake any way you look at it. If he was a townie, he would have been killed. He wasn't killed, so he's a good bet for Mafia.

Vote: Chaco

12-19-2008 at 12:45 AM
Sillyman
Is there, perchance, a last gasp? If so, then give me another post.

12-19-2008 at 02:13 AM
Chaco
Now that I'm faced with death, revealing the second item seems to be a good idea. My second item is a shotgun. Combined with the muffler, I'm saying I'm the vigilante who killed both of the shotgun victims: NiroZ and Sillyman.

I can prove this role by taking any suggestion of one person and killing that person tonight with the shotgun (unless I myself am killed by the Mafia first) I'm attempting to find the Mafia for the Town and have the privilege to shoot first and ask questions later. The fact that on some nights, two people have died and on other nights, one person has died (from a shotgun) shows that the shotgun owner and the Mafia are independent actors (and also that the Mafia and myself can both choose not to kill.) Allow me to explicitly claim ownership of a shotgun.

Please vote for someone other than me tonight so I can demonstrate the above, and give me a suggestion as to who to shoot. Even if the Mafia decides to kill the same person as me or kill someone with a shotgun, it should be clear I'm not lying about my shotgun ownership. If I survive until the next day, then since I've revealed myself as a Townie and a useful one at that, then perhaps I can negotiate Doctor protection (if a Doctor in fact exists.) But that's for another day.

Honestly, I don't have any good alternatives at this point beyond starting a counter-vote against my accusers, so:

Vote: TripleM

12-19-2008 at 02:44 AM
RoboBob3000
Do you have any idea why Sillyman was the only one killed this round? If you shot him, that would imply that the Mafia didn't make a kill this round.

12-19-2008 at 02:58 AM
RoboBob3000
icon Re: Mafia the Second (+1)  
Sillyman wrote:
Is there, perchance, a last gasp? If so, then give me another post.
Upon reaching the summit:

"Wise old man, is it true that I can ask you any one question that I so desire?"

"Yes."

"Wise old man, why is it that--"

"Farewell, my son."

12-19-2008 at 03:02 AM
Chaco
RoboBob3000 wrote:
Do you have any idea why Sillyman was the only one killed this round? If you shot him, that would imply that the Mafia didn't make a kill this round.

That's true. All I can say is that it would really look like I was a member of the Mafia if the Mafia didn't kill anyone last round. (Unfortunately, the Mafia is quite savvy this time around, and both of the Mafia kills on Nights 1 and 2 were revolver kills, thus implying that the Vigilante could be armed with a revolver. I'm inclined to deny that hypothesis but I'm forced to admit it exists.)

My guess is that the Mafia wants to place me as a fall-guy so you guys will waste time lynching me while they remain at large. That way they can murder a Townie and the Townies will take care of the Vigilante for them, for a net loss of two townies. If you guys try to lynch someone else tonight instead of me, then you at least have a shot at killing off the Mafia, whereas I'll die tonight anyhow without getting any protection from the Doctor. (Unless the Mafia opt not to kill me anyway just to make me look even more suspicious, in a gambling ploy.)

12-19-2008 at 03:17 AM
TripleM
This is too complex for my brain. I haven't read all this clearly yet, but I'll unvote until I've worked out what's going on.

Unvote: Chaco
12-19-2008 at 03:24 AM
Page 3 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Mafia the Second (In a VR Internet game :P)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com