Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : MetDROiD Echoes (“The story is more absorbing than Prime... G serves up another monster of a hold” – The Dugandy Telegraph)
Page 5 of 10
6789>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
IP: Logged
icon Re: MetDROiD Echoes (0)  
Hmmmm... Now it won't let me go there either! Odd! Maybe it has something to do with the secret losing thing?
06-14-2006 at 01:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
geomatrx
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
Tim wrote:
I am wondering how to enter the secret room in the M Desert 3S1W. It won't let me.

It that intentional?

I removed some roaches in temple gardens yesterday, that I think has made a secret there impossible to collect, si I need to update the hold again.

Not aware of any problems with MD3S1W. Is that the room with the gobins in?
Click here to view the secret text

g

MetDROiD Echoes
Deadly Gold Mine of Death (Architecture)
06-14-2006 at 09:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
It's the room with the stairs to Slugman Forest, a dark portal, and a portable orb. The green statue won't go away when you get near it.
06-14-2006 at 12:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
geomatrx
Doh! I was getting confused between East and West again :unsure
There might be a scripting issue here too. I'll chack it later and let you know my findings.

MetDROiD Echoes
06-14-2006 at 12:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3626
I just got to the Orthosquare Training room.

...it seems a bit hard, no? I can't figure out how to beat the roach/WW chambers, and saving the brain doesn't help either.

06-14-2006 at 05:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
geomatrx
icon Re: MetDROiD Echoes (+1)  
Chaco,
The WW are quite tough

Tim wrote:
I am wondering how to enter the secret room in the M Desert 3S1W. It won't let me.

Yeah, if you don't step on one of the 3 middle portable orb tiles, the orb script didn't finish, so the statue script didn't start.

I've re-written this one, and fixed the secret in Temple Gardens. Version 1.3 now available with these fixes.

MetDROiD Echoes

[Last edited by geomatrx at 06-14-2006 07:51 PM]
06-14-2006 at 07:49 PM
Ezlo
Okay, I played it again, and I can't find any hold breaking things, and there is no spelling errors or grammatical errors that ruin the hold.
06-20-2006 at 10:05 PM
geomatrx
Cheers Ez,

Thats suprising considering my sucky typing skills.

Finalising my secrets might become as tedious as mapping the staircases, so it might be a good few weeks for the final version to be released. But, this does give others time to find bugs.

g

MetDROiD Echoes
06-20-2006 at 10:39 PM
Ezlo
Well, there were a few "to" instead of "too" or such stuff, but there was no spelling errors that people might find confusing. Your meaning comes across as clear as crystal. Can't wait to play it again to see the real ending! :D
06-20-2006 at 10:41 PM
Chaco
geomatrx wrote:
Chaco,

Brain or no brain? :?

06-22-2006 at 12:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
geomatrx
no brain. that can be done first.

MetDROiD Echoes
06-22-2006 at 12:50 AM
Chaco
*sigh* I think you should make that chamber easier... I keep getting surrounded by roaches. By great contrast, the golem, seep, and eye chambers are much easier and about the right difficulty. The goblin and snake ones are also good. Maybe it's because I was able to solve them.

To be honest, I think it's gone past orthosquares here in this room. :?

06-22-2006 at 12:52 AM
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
I'm a bit slow lately, but U-Man's Temple (The Entrance) 3rd scroll has too much text...

Temple Gardens 3S1W: I just visit this statue after getiing the key, but since it's the first time it also tell me to come back later after getting the key...

When do these secret characters say goodbye? sometimes they do, sometimes like Temple Gardens 1S2E, they transform automatically into wubbas.

PickUp Log 5S10E: leftmost scroll is incomplete?

Evil Chill Wasteland 2S: Spiders are killable?
(that's all for now)

[Last edited by Tim at 06-24-2006 03:00 AM]
06-24-2006 at 01:44 AM
Ezlo
So, how're the secrets and final battles coming?
08-24-2006 at 02:56 AM
geomatrx
Not good. I have run out of steam for the moment. I can't sit down and 'develop these secret rooms'. Its just as tedious as the staircase mapping, which I also delayed for a long time.

I still need to do the final room, but I'm leaving that till I do the secret rooms (I sort of get rewarded that way).

g

MetDROiD Echoes
08-24-2006 at 10:43 AM
Pilchard VIII
Rank Points: 392
Just got round to playing this, where have I been all this time? Absolutely incredible. But take it off soon. You might make JtRH and KDD feel inadequate.

09-27-2006 at 04:00 PM
Chaco
For posterity, I booted up the orthosquare room and I'm still stuck on those two parts, even though I've beaten more rooms and generally gotten better in the timeframe.

I don't see the specific series of moves that will kill everything and not kill me.

09-27-2006 at 08:04 PM
geomatrx
Chaco wrote:
For posterity, I booted up the orthosquare room and I'm still stuck on those two parts, even though I've beaten more rooms and generally gotten better in the timeframe.

I don't see the specific series of moves that will kill everything and not kill me.
Well, I also played this room again (and I havn't looked at it for months either). Without remembering the way to go, I killed the brain first, then done the roaches without being killed or backspacing (I attacked the top roches first). After saving, it took me three goes at killing the WW. Died a few times after these rooms too though.
Maybe I will make it a bit easier come the final release.

g

MetDROiD Echoes
09-27-2006 at 08:57 PM
Chaco
Hmm, killing the brain first... I swear I tried that before, but I'll try that again...

obviously playtesting a single room doesn't work since all the statues are up.

09-27-2006 at 11:01 PM
techant
Rank Points: 854
Are you still taking beta testers I love puzzles in puzzles type games but have never play the game this is based on. Myst is more my speed so I may give you a different perspective on game play. :glasses

I didn't see where to download version 1.3 and do I need a password?

10-21-2006 at 09:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
geomatrx
Hey All,

Just to update that i'm just finishing mapping the stairs again after getting the secret rooms finished (thanks to a certain King Pilchard VIII :thumbsup)

Thanks to all previous testers, but I'm just going to play test it myself now, and tighten the story and add extra text as I go.

Hopefully the hold will be released very soon, or by the latest, end of the year!

g

MetDROiD Echoes
10-22-2006 at 03:26 PM
Ezlo
Great! I can't wait to play it again!

Please tell me that the wubbas now block all the secret stairs you haven't visited now. Please?
10-22-2006 at 05:44 PM
geomatrx
Kind of. An "instructor" script blcoks all secrets. When you have found them, they vanish completly, allowing you to return in case you missed the text :)

MetDROiD Echoes
10-22-2006 at 06:44 PM
Chaco
Is the Orthosquare Training room easier now? I might just give up on this one if it's the same, because I honestly can't see the solution here.

I mean, that room isn't actually based on a Metroid game area, is it? Because if it isn't I could probably come up with one that more showcases your inability to move diagonally instead of "teh omgz lots of monsters and I can't backswipe".

10-22-2006 at 08:25 PM
Chaco
Alright, I finally got through that area, and proceeded as normal. I then was reminded how fun MetDROiD can be, what with the exploring and everything, and I actually felt pretty great.

Another room which helped all this is King Armin's Fort: 2N2E. It's a pretty good puzzle, actually. At first I wasn't convinced the first part was possible, but then I got into it and actually got pretty far. It's just that last corridor before the orb that opens the door to the brain that doesn't quite look possible - your area doesn't seem to have enough horizontal area to do that and I don't see any tricks.

EDIT:

Also, in Winter Factory Sence North Once East I can't tell what the actual steps are to take in the secret scroll, since following them exactly requires me to step through a closed door.

[Last edited by Chaco at 10-29-2006 06:22 PM]
10-29-2006 at 05:04 PM
geomatrx
Glad you persisted with it afterall :D

KA:2N2E
WF6N1E

MetDROiD Echoes

[Last edited by geomatrx at 10-30-2006 12:59 AM]
10-30-2006 at 12:48 AM
Chaco
Yeh, you must have gotten the directions messed up - West is left, not right.

10-30-2006 at 12:57 AM
geomatrx
I think i did with an old version. I corrected it.
Its now

Thats right, right?

MetDROiD Echoes

[Last edited by geomatrx at 10-30-2006 01:02 AM]
10-30-2006 at 01:02 AM
geomatrx
Might as well write a brief update.

Progress might seem to have stopped, but I assure you it hasn't.

I started final playtesting, but still wasn't happy with the secret rooms.

I have been busy perfecting these and are now 99% finished.
The labels are back in, and have got to correct minor bugs and iron out any wrinkles as I go.
The final boss room is about 90% done.

Really should not be that long to go now. The countdown is on!

MetDROiD Echoes
10-30-2006 at 09:57 AM
Chaco
Neat. I've gotten about five of the ten Pit Keys and have the Smitemaster's Key. I don't think anybody else with the beta version got this far.

10-30-2006 at 11:54 AM
Page 5 of 10
6789>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : MetDROiD Echoes (“The story is more absorbing than Prime... G serves up another monster of a hold” – The Dugandy Telegraph)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com