Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Riddle of the Bar Discussion (You must have solved the Riddle of the Bar to enter!)
Page 1 of 17
2345>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3626
IP: Logged
icon Riddle of the Bar Discussion (+1)  
[goodies]So, apparently, this secret tag hides the information within to all who have not solve the Riddle of the Bar, RotB for short. Use <goodies> tags to use it, but with brackets instead of <>'s.

Anyway, speculation and ranting here about the RotB screenshot![/goodies]

[Last edited by Schik at 02-09-2006 02:23 AM : Changed the tag to the correct "goodies"]
02-09-2006 at 01:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
icon Re: Riddle of the Bar Discussion (0)  
I think I broke it with more than one tag :?
02-09-2006 at 01:26 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: Riddle of the Bar Discussion (+1)  
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Banjooie at 02-09-2006 03:47 AM]
02-09-2006 at 03:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
[goodies]Here's a question for you all. Did any of you find a correlation between the mass of colors and the solution or was it entirely a red herring?[/goodies]

02-09-2006 at 05:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
RoboBob3000 wrote:
[goodies]Here's a question for you all. Did any of you find a correlation between the mass of colors and the solution or was it entirely a red herring?[/goodies]
[goodies]I'll give that an official answer, even! The mass of colors are absolutely unrelated to the Riddle of the Bar. However, I wouldn't call them a red herring either.[/goodies]

02-09-2006 at 05:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
coppro
[goodies]As a casual note, my method to solve the riddle of the bar has know been completely invalidated! So, actually, I guess I haven't solved it![/goodies]
02-09-2006 at 05:59 PM
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
coppro wrote:
[goodies]As a casual note, my method to solve the riddle of the bar has know been completely invalidated! So, actually, I guess I haven't solved it![/goodies]
[goodies]Yeah, I hadn't even noticed the trivial way to solve it. Doom pointed it out to me, so I fixed it, but only after getting very angry at myself for setting it up that way in the first place. :( [/goodies]

02-09-2006 at 06:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
[goodies]Interesting. May I ask then how you all solved it then? I just guessed that first letter of the goodie names would be an anagram. Also, I never figured out what made arrangements interesting.[/goodies]

02-09-2006 at 06:12 PM
Chaco
[goodies]The <goodies> tags don't seem to be working yet. I'll hold off on my first rant until they do work. :?[/goodies]

[Last edited by Chaco at 02-09-2006 06:42 PM]
02-09-2006 at 06:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
[goodies]Suddenly, I saw the other way. Ironic, isn't it, that this was one of the things I was thinking of as I ran through possibilities. *CURSES SELF*[/goodies]
02-09-2006 at 06:13 PM
coppro
It does work. If you have solved it you see it written out.

[goodies]Unsolve the riddle, then come back. It'll make sense[/goodies]
02-09-2006 at 06:14 PM
RoboBob3000
Note to Chaco: The tags are working, they way they're displayed has been changed, however. It may seem that they're not. With that said, you might want to edit out your open goodie tag. Who knows what sort of havoc that might wreak on the forum.

02-09-2006 at 06:15 PM
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
RoboBob3000 wrote:
[goodies]Interesting. May I ask then how you all solved it then? I just guessed that first letter of the goodie names would be an anagram. Also, I never figured out what made arrangements interesting.[/goodies]
[goodies]I'm pretty sure that an anagram solver program determines what "words" are interesting. Since the letters we have to work with don't result in that many common words (and even when some do, you actually have to have those exact goodies in your possession), most of the "interesting" results are going to be rather obscure.[/goodies]

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams

[Last edited by Oneiromancer at 02-09-2006 06:30 PM]
02-09-2006 at 06:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
[goodies]I solved it via the source code. They were numbered in order :rolleyes. But, I had suspected anagrams and had suspected that the prize was a screenshot. Shame I didn't put 2 and 2 together.[/goodies]
02-09-2006 at 06:23 PM
Chaco
[goodies]I solved the riddle the intentional way.

Anyway, now that that's all cleared up, who the heck is Jobus?!?[/goodies]

02-09-2006 at 06:41 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Chaco wrote:
[goodies]Anyway, now that that's all cleared up, who the heck is Jobus?!?[/goodies]
[goodies]I suppose you've not played Perfection. I guess it's okay to tell briefly something about him.

Jobus is a character Beethro meets somewhere in Perfection, and who knows something about the Rooted Hold. He agrees to help Beethro after they get out the Perfectionist Complex. That's where the storyline continues in TCB.

So we can expect to hear a little more about that character later.[/goodies]
02-09-2006 at 06:55 PM
Chaco
[goodies]Well, that takes care of that. Next, the screenshot implies that the Danforth Strout we've come to love is an Imperial... something or other.[/goodies]

[Last edited by Chaco at 02-09-2006 07:38 PM]
02-09-2006 at 07:38 PM
coppro
[goodies]No, I think that it is just to show the modularity being included with the next version. I highly doubt that this actually has plotline significance. Also, I beleive that this picture implies custom avatars, but no choice of the in-game sprite. *Sadness*[/goodies]
02-09-2006 at 07:44 PM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: Riddle of the Bar Discussion (+3)  
For the record, this thread is a billion times more amusing when you haven't solved the Riddle of the Bar yet.
02-09-2006 at 09:30 PM
coppro
icon Re: Riddle of the Bar Discussion (-1)  
And I can politely ask you not to spam up this thread. We are not posting in these tags everywhere else, are we?

[goodies]This annoys me. Very much. Almost as much as the picture in the bar's colon.[/goodies]
02-09-2006 at 10:00 PM
Oneiromancer
icon Re: Riddle of the Bar Discussion (+2)  
Okay, coppro, chill. It's not that big a deal.

[goodies]And why does the picture in the colon annoy you? (Note: do not take out of context!)[/goodies]

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams

[Last edited by Oneiromancer at 02-09-2006 10:04 PM]
02-09-2006 at 10:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
[goodies]It's too... too... undefined! I know we had a 350 room in KDD (L19 2E) and I don't know about JrTH, but I just can't think of why Mike would spoil that... and only that.[/goodies]

[Last edited by coppro at 02-09-2006 10:10 PM]
02-09-2006 at 10:10 PM
Oneiromancer
[goodies]You should probably go reread the Return of the Bar thread...there's plenty of speculation there about the contents of the picture linked in the Bar colon.[/goodies]

Game on,

02-09-2006 at 10:17 PM
coppro
[goodies]I have. I'm just suffering from chronic boredom right now. Y'know, I think we should keep doing this just to annoy the people when hey solve the riddle.[/goodies]

[Last edited by coppro at 02-09-2006 10:56 PM]
02-09-2006 at 10:54 PM
Swivel
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 236

02-09-2006 at 11:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
[goodies]One of the things I am wondering: What could be the difference between "Citizen" and "Citizen 1"?[/goodies]
02-09-2006 at 11:14 PM
coppro
[goodies]Maybe you can add your own in-game sprites? I dunno[/goodies]
02-09-2006 at 11:22 PM
Chaco
[goodies]I'm pretty sure it's like "Level Title" and "Level Title B" for a harder version - just think of it like Citizen 3.

Or maybe it's just a generic Citizen, instead of the Second Citizen, First Citizen, etc.[/goodies]

[Last edited by Chaco at 02-10-2006 12:16 AM]
02-10-2006 at 12:13 AM
robin
Rank Points: 842
[goodies]question, why did the "tar baby colors" change?[/goodies]

[goodies]I solved the riddle in my sleep.
when I had 5 goodies, I search through the thread and discovered that there were 10 goodies, and the started trying to gues the word. But everything failed.
Then in bed I was thinking of the "350-screenshot",
and everything got clear, I was at rest and fel quietly asleep :D [/goodies]

[Last edited by robin at 02-10-2006 03:10 PM]
02-10-2006 at 03:06 PM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459

02-10-2006 at 04:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 1 of 17
2345>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Riddle of the Bar Discussion (You must have solved the Riddle of the Bar to enter!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com