Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Cameos (Want your name mentioned?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
IP: Logged
icon Cameos (+2)  
I'm creating a hold, with a big huge empty space, so I thought, what better to do than fill it with a bunch of cameos! So, if you want to be in it, post here, with and tell me whether you want your real name as a cameo, or your username, and what character you want to represent you.

Plus, if you want to, create a room in the editor that you want your character to be in, and PM it to me, it will be added in the exact way you made it. Even add a puzzle if you want. I have room for a maximum of around 150 applicants, so apply today! :thumbsup

[Last edited by Ezlo at 02-07-2006 06:07 PM]
02-07-2006 at 06:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: Cameos (0)  
Ezlo wrote:
Plus, if you want to, create a room in the editor that you want your character to be in, and PM it to me, it will be added in the exact way you made it. Even add a puzzle if you want. I have room for a maximum of around 150 applicants, so apply today! :thumbsup
That is quite a bit... I have to wonder whether you have an ulterior motive with the puzzle submission thing. Nevertheless, I might take you up on it.
You might wish to provide some information on the general theme of your hold, so that I and others can fit in properly.

02-07-2006 at 06:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
The actual hold is a secret right now. I'll be posting it in the Architecture board sometime soon. The level you'll all be in is a secret level full of artwork and cameos. It's 200 rooms in total. It's sorta like the ninth level of Beethro's First Job. And no, you don't need to be suspicious.
02-07-2006 at 06:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dali
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 174
This topic should be in the Architecture post. Your project sounds good. I tell you, to make 200 rooms, you'll suffer! you'll take mabe around 2-3 months.

Anyway, I'll incarn in your hold a Mimic and I'll maybe add one puzzle (PM you later).
02-07-2006 at 07:26 PM
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
Dali wrote:
This topic should be in the Architecture post.
Yeah, I agree. No harm done, but I'm moving it.

-Erik

02-07-2006 at 08:47 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
Ezlo wrote:
The actual hold is a secret right now. I'll be posting it in the Architecture board sometime soon. The level you'll all be in is a secret level full of artwork and cameos. It's 200 rooms in total. It's sorta like the ninth level of Beethro's First Job. And no, you don't need to be suspicious.

I hope the staircase isn't blocked by a blue door - solving all 200 rooms before the player can go anywhere else may be frustrating.

Anyway, I call a Citizen 2. I'll see if I can cook up a puzzle room for my scrapbook entry.

02-08-2006 at 03:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
No my whole hold is based around non-linearity. Anyway, this an extra area, sorta like the Dreamplane. Although I don't think I should be talking, I haven't even found where it is yet!
02-08-2006 at 06:03 PM
Chaco
Nah, you're actually quite right. Big, open secret area that you don't need to see all the rooms to leave.

02-08-2006 at 06:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Make me a poppy that chases someone around. Preferably someone else, but we'll see.
02-08-2006 at 11:19 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Wha? Say that again? What's a poppy? :?
02-08-2006 at 11:56 PM
Chaco
Oh, right, you haven't been to level 23 of JtRH. Guards are part of Poppy Brigades.

02-09-2006 at 12:03 AM
Ezlo
Okay. Do you want you're real name, or forum name used? And who specificly do you want to chase? A roach? The slayer? MeckMeck?
02-09-2006 at 12:21 AM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Actually, if possible I want to chase someone else. If you don't understand, I know him personally. Also, just use my forum name for now. I may reveal my real name soon, but we shall see.
02-09-2006 at 12:48 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
OOOOOOH! I get it! someone else is a registered user of this forum! That's who you mean! Well, PM him and ask.
02-09-2006 at 12:50 AM
Chaco
I know. That way, if we're not chasing someone, we can always chase Someone Else :)

02-09-2006 at 01:03 AM
Ezlo
By the way Chaco, your room has been inserted. The only thing I cahnged is that your character does not go away after leaving the room, and it won't repeat his stuff after clearing the room. Nice touches by the way, especial the description of the hold, and the level start. :lol

EDIT: Does anybody else want a cameo? Please? Pretty please? I'm runnning out of artwork.

[Last edited by Ezlo at 02-11-2006 03:31 PM]
02-09-2006 at 01:10 AM
Chaco
How many cameo rooms do you have so far? And when are you planning on releasing the level or levels?

02-26-2006 at 12:39 AM
Ezlo
You are the only one. And after solving the riddle of the bar, I think I'm going to wait for this to be a TCB hold.
02-26-2006 at 12:48 AM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1304
I'll be a Decoy, as this is going to be a TCB hold. I can give you a preliminary version of my room now, but it requires directional scripting.
Put me in as Someone Else and yes, it is okay if there is something about me in Coppro's Room. Don't leave out the Capitals.

[Last edited by Someone Else at 03-07-2006 02:30 AM]
03-07-2006 at 02:17 AM
Ezlo
Wow! Someone Else posted! *Pun intended* I'll put you in the next release!
03-07-2006 at 02:24 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Cameos (Want your name mentioned?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com