Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : MetDROiD Prime (Adventure)
Page 3 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.0/10 (48 votes)
σ 2.13
Author Name:geomatrx
Submitted By:geomatrx
Hold Name:MetDROiD Prime
Theme:Adventure
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:15
Number of Rooms:203
Number of Monsters:1955
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:22 (+22 / -0)
Poster Message
bdwing
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 288
IP: Logged
icon Re: MetDROiD Prime (0)  
leefa wrote:
I don't know where to go next! You mentioned an "Added feature of a 'voluntary' hint/spoiler system, enabling the player find out where to go next if they get stuck", but I can't find it!

Have you been inside the spaceship yet?

"Until it ends, there is no end."
12-23-2005 at 03:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
leefa
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 23
Spaceship? where is that?

12-23-2005 at 04:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
The spaceship is in the Entrance room of Tallon Overworld. There are some stairs that take you inside, and in there you can get the room coordinates of the next item you need.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-23-2005 at 06:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
icon Re: MetDROiD Prime (+3)  
Hello, one and all. I have the demo for King Dugan's Dungeon, the demo for Journey to the Rooted Hold, the full version of King Dugan's Dungeon, and King Dugan's Dungeon AE. But for some reason this hold will not work for me. I download it, stick it in the homemade folder in the DROD files, and try to import it but it won't work. It says "File invalid or corrupted" I've imported other holds and they all work. What am I missing?
01-08-2006 at 11:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
Try just putting the .hold file on your desktop and importing it from there.

01-08-2006 at 01:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Ezlo wrote:
Hello, one and all. I have the demo for King Dugan's Dungeon, the demo for Journey to the Rooted Hold, the full version of King Dugan's Dungeon, and King Dugan's Dungeon AE. But for some reason this hold will not work for me. I download it, stick it in the homemade folder in the DROD files, and try to import it but it won't work. It says "File invalid or corrupted" I've imported other holds and they all work. What am I missing?
Since other holds work for you...this is indeed strange. Hmmm...do you have a trial CaravelNet subscription from the full version of KDD? If so, you can try downloading it in-game. But I know that other people have imported it the old-fashioned way so there's definitely something weird going on. I take it you tried in all 3 2.0-based installations of yours?

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-08-2006 at 07:11 PM
Ezlo
I doesn't work for all of my versions. I'll list them again.

1. DROD: KDD Demo
2. DROD: KDD Full Version
3. DROD: JTRH Demo
4. DROD: AE

All of them are the latest versions available.

How do I download from in-game? While I wait for a reply I'll see if I can work that out.
01-08-2006 at 10:21 PM
Oneiromancer
If you have CaravelNet (either 1 month trial from buying DROD: KDD or the full version) you have to activate it from the Settings screen. See the CaravelNet FAQ in The Site forum for more information.

Once you're set up, you just go to the Change Location screen and there will be greyed out holds below all the ones you've already installed that you can download directly.

Oh, and this is a 2.0 hold, so it definitely won't work in AE anyway, so don't bother attempting that one.

Game on,

01-08-2006 at 10:45 PM
Ezlo
There are no gray holds underneath my downloaded holds. Even after I connect to the internet.
01-09-2006 at 02:35 AM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
When you first load up DROD with the internet connected, is there a green tick or a red cross in the top right corner? If its a red cross, then your caravelnet key has probably been corrupted, and you will have to request a new one. (I am assuming that you do have a caravelnet subscription as mentioned above.)

[Last edited by TripleM at 01-09-2006 02:42 AM : left -> right]
01-09-2006 at 02:41 AM
Oneiromancer
icon Re: MetDROiD Prime (+1)  
Again, it is important to read the CaravelNet FAQ for help with this kind of thing.

Game on,

01-09-2006 at 06:07 AM
Ezlo
FINALLY! Nice hold.

EDIT: And today I finished it. Wow, that took a while. I'll give this hold a nine. Now to focus my attentions on KDD or JTRH.

[Last edited by Ezlo at 02-28-2006 02:55 AM]
01-10-2006 at 02:21 AM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
This is one of the best holds ever. I have to replay it due to an unfortunate unrecoverable accident, but that's okay!

Anyway, I just got my first ever 1st (not second, 1st) in this hold! A solid 20 moves over the competition and in half the time!

Interesting. I seem to be the thirteenth fastest player. Does that make me bad?

Yes, that was all about ego.
03-19-2006 at 02:22 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 468
I tried to download it... it said the file was corrupted.. but based on the MetDROiD AE, it must be an excellent hold! :thumbsup

Keep posting,

[Last edited by UrAvgAzn at 06-23-2006 04:04 PM]
04-18-2006 at 01:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
What I had to do was get caravelNet, the free-month version will work, and then download it in-game. I could never get the file here to work.
04-18-2006 at 12:13 PM
StanFitzgerald
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
The file downloads fine from within the game. I just downloaded it and it looks like it will be a great hold.
04-18-2006 at 02:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
the hold is pretty fun. I'm kinda surprised you didn't think of this (or thought of it and rejected it): the codes would have been a lot easier to explain with a simple 3x3 graphic with 8 numbers on it :)

04-23-2006 at 11:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
geomatrx
Rank Points: 339
silver wrote:
the hold is pretty fun. I'm kinda surprised you didn't think of this (or thought of it and rejected it): the codes would have been a lot easier to explain with a simple 3x3 graphic with 8 numbers on it :)
I did think of this... i think. And there must have been a reason why I didn't add it in... but I can't remember it right now :)

I think it had something to do with multiple code entries in the same room - TO:3S and CR:2N6E are examples.
I would need to re-arrange the coded gates to display the image correclty.

g

MetDROiD Echoes
Deadly Gold Mine of Death (Architecture)

[Last edited by geomatrx at 04-24-2006 01:06 PM]
04-24-2006 at 01:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nosdrah Circtrebla
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 30
I just competed your hold. I had a really fun time with it. I know that you have received coments regarding save point, but I think that it kind of add to the diffcultly. I know that a couple of times I cussed you, but I still enjoyed it. Thanks.
Have you considered any of the other Nintendo games (eg. The Legend of Zelda....), just a thought. :thumbsup

04-26-2006 at 05:17 PM
geomatrx
After Echoes is released (it will be soon!) I want to do some type of adventure along the lines on Zelda.

I think there was a ZEL-DROD project going, but I think this has been discontinued - maybe I might take it over...

g

MetDROiD Echoes
04-26-2006 at 08:59 PM
Oneiromancer
zex20913 had plans for a ZelDROD, but it got wiped from his laptop (according to his signature, at least). He wanted to do the Ocarina of Time...I have wanted to do the original NES Zelda myself, and I may still do it someday...I figure everyone has their favorite Zelda so we can do several projects and not overlap. ;)

Game on,

04-26-2006 at 11:10 PM
geomatrx
Oneiromancer wrote:
zex20913 had plans for a ZelDROD, but it got wiped from his laptop (according to his signature, at least). He wanted to do the Ocarina of Time...I have wanted to do the original NES Zelda myself, and I may still do it someday...I figure everyone has their favorite Zelda so we can do several projects and not overlap. ;)

Game on,
Zelda 3:aLttP was always a favourite of mine. This was quite a big game too. Might start on this one. Or I might ask zex20913 if he would still work on tOoT, or I might steal it :)

MetDROiD Echoes

[Last edited by geomatrx at 04-27-2006 09:41 AM]
04-26-2006 at 11:15 PM
UrAvgAzn
icon Re: MetDROiD Prime (-1)  
Ezlo wrote:
What I had to do was get caravelNet, the free-month version will work, and then download it in-game. I could never get the file here to work.

Speak common, I didn't get a word you said.

Keep posting,

[Last edited by UrAvgAzn at 06-23-2006 04:05 PM]
05-17-2006 at 01:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
UrAvgAzn wrote:
Ezlo wrote:

Speak common, I didn't get a word you said.

Keep posting,
-Jeremy

Hm, it makes perfect english sense, I don't know any other way of saying it.. any part of in you don't get in particular?
05-17-2006 at 02:41 AM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Translation: Due to an updating bug which Schik has fixed, the board-downloaded version did not work, however, the CaravelNet in-game download did.
05-17-2006 at 02:45 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
I don't think I can download it in-game, but then again, I don't know what it means. So, Schik has fixed the bug? I can download it from here now? Sorry if I annoyed anyone.

Keep posting,

[Last edited by UrAvgAzn at 06-23-2006 04:05 PM]
05-17-2006 at 08:24 PM
Oneiromancer
UrAvgAzn wrote:
I don't know what it means.
CaravelNet FAQ

Game on,

[Last edited by Oneiromancer at 05-17-2006 11:43 PM]
05-17-2006 at 11:42 PM
nickcoffey
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 27
icon Tallon Overworld : 2 South, 1 West (0)  
Hello, all. I just wanted to point out a typo in this room. The southern-most gate requests a Space Jump code, but it should read Space Jump Boots.

Cheers,
-Nick
06-16-2006 at 01:09 AM
geomatrx
I'm sure I had this error reported before... must not have dealt with it :weep
I'll fix this as soon as.

g

MetDROiD Echoes
06-16-2006 at 09:28 AM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
Happy Birthday, MetDROiD dude.

07-14-2006 at 12:28 PM
Page 3 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : MetDROiD Prime (Adventure)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com